PDA

View Full Version : Hardest bodyshots in history!

slystaff
10-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Roy Jones against Virgill Hill
Ricky Hatton vs Jose Luis Castillo

Gimme some more...

Hanzy
10-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Gatti/Dorin?

ArturoGatti
10-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Micky Ward vs. Steve Quinonez (I think that was his name)

Donnybrook
10-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Micky Ward vs. Steve Quinonez (I think that was his name)

Yup, that was him. KO 1. Terrible body shot.

Donnybrook
10-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Hopkins-DLH!! Brutal stuff.

:lol: :laughing: :lol:

ILLUMINATI
10-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Cotto vs. Quintana

look into the future...
Cotto KO 11 Mosley...
:flip:

Double L
10-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Hopkins-DLH!! Brutal stuf

:lol: :laughing: :lol:

like you would know, bitch

Donnybrook
10-21-2007, 06:07 PM
But no, really...don't know if they're the "hardest" -- alot of factors go into a good body shot, and the most effective don't have to be the hardest....

But some of the BEST I've seen (not yet mentioned):

Trinidad-Pineda

Forrest-Mosley I (people don't realize WHY Mosley shrieked the way he did...Vernon stepped fully into that uppercut to the body with all his weight behind it)

Ward-Alfonso Sanchez - Sanchez went down like he was shot!

Mosley-Taylor (that whole combo was a beaut, but that first left hook to the body was sick and almost bent Taylor over)

Cooney-Lyle (first round body attack was sick - broke Ron down in 1)

Hatton-Hutchinson - HUGE left hook to the body, could hear it clear

Penalosa-Gonzalez - what a great left hand to the body. Beautiful timing, placement, full torque...great shot.

Chavez-Taylor I - that great left hook to the body was key to turning Taylor to jelly and J.C. being able to land that thunderous right hand that sent Taylor down. Controversial the stoppage may have been, that left hook saved it for Chavez.

Barrios-Nagy

Jake LaMotta & Mike McCallum - pick a fight!

Of course, it must be mentioned for history's sake...Fitzsimmons-Corbett, the legendary "solar plexus punch"

Peace.

Donnybrook
10-21-2007, 06:07 PM
like you would know, bitch

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rubio MHS
10-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Tyson-Spinks.

V10
10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I know. :lol:

Pretty funny coming from the guy who calls a bitch any fighter he doesn't like.

Hex-One
10-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Trinidad/Pineda! That was a devastating uppercut to the body!

Rabid Kimba
10-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Ward-Alfonso Sanchez - Sanchez went down like he was shot!

Wasn't that the one were Sanchez was easily winning the fight but sudenly in the seventh (?) round, Ward landed a wicked body shot, and that's all she wrote?

Buddy Rydell
10-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Tyson versus Jack Michael Johnson. :eek:

slystaff
10-21-2007, 10:35 PM
How about Ward-Gatti 1 round 9? :eeeek: Don't know how Arturo got up from that one.

Rubio MHS
10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
How about Ward-Gatti 1 round 9? :eeeek: Don't know how Arturo got up from that one.Meh. I don't know how Ward won that fight, winning maaaaybe two rounds.

Donnybrook
10-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Wasn't that the one were Sanchez was easily winning the fight but sudenly in the seventh (?) round, Ward landed a wicked body shot, and that's all she wrote?

That's the one. :clap:

Came out of nowhere - like Gatti-Rodriguez, but to the body. Incredible shot.

Like Arturo (the poster) said, Ward did it again in the 1st round against Quinonez.

Peace.

Donnybrook
10-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Meh. I don't know how Ward won that fight, winning maaaaybe two rounds.

Come on, bro...Ward certainly won more than two rounds in that fight.

And the shot in the 9th WAS a great one...getting up from that punch was a huge feat of will for Thunder.

Peace.

Rubio MHS
10-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah, but no more than three or four.

Donnybrook
10-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, but no more than three or four.

Well, that's quite a bit up from "maaaaybe two rounds" (which means probably 1 :lol: ).

It was a close affair where the KD really helped him...plus wasn't there a point deduction from Gatti or something?

I don't remember my scorecard but I did have it very close.

Peace.

Rubio MHS
10-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Well, that's quite a bit up from "maaaaybe two rounds" (which means probably 1 :lol: ).

It was a close affair where the KD really helped him...plus wasn't there a point deduction from Gatti or something?

I don't remember my scorecard but I did have it very close.

Peace.It wasn't a close fight. Gatti clearly won.

Erratic
10-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Gatti won the first 3 rounds against Ward, the 4th was close, and then Gatti had a point taken away. Ward stole the 5th at the end with that brutal combo. Gatti won rounds 6-7. Ward took the 8th with another brutal attack late in the round that hurt Gatti. Round 9 was a 10-8 for Ward, and round 10 was Gatti's.

I can see it being 95-93 Gatti, or 94-94 with the 4th round going to Ward, but I can't see Ward winning the fight. The 9th was a 10-8 round to me with Gatti doing very well for the middle portion of the round lasting about a minute or so.

boxerpuncher
10-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Hardest one that didn't even result in a knockdown had to be Leonard-Hearns 1. 4th round I believe. Turned that whole fight around.

Erratic
10-22-2007, 12:12 PM
I loved the left hook to the body in round 10 of the rematch that Tyson landed on Ruddock. Tyson then followed up wiith some more shots to the body and Ruddock's face, as Ferdie put it, was "a mask of pain". Go to the 3:08 mark.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ghup1sIjb3w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ghup1sIjb3w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Loved Forrest's 10th rd left hook to the body which had Shane squealing like a stuck pig.

slystaff
10-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Hardest one that didn't even result in a knockdown had to be Leonard-Hearns 1. 4th round I believe. Turned that whole fight around.Landed by Leonard or Hearns? I ask because Leonard didn't turn that fight around until the 13th round...

slystaff
10-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I loved the left hook to the body in round 10 of the rematch that Tyson landed on Ruddock. Tyson then followed up wiith some more shots to the body and Ruddock's face, as Ferdie put it, was "a mask of pain".

Loved Forrest's 10th rd left hook to the body which had Shane squealing like a stuck pig.:lol: I have to admit that was the loudest scream of pain, midfight, that I've heard from a fighter...

"ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Ugotabe Kidding
10-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Louis smashmed Schmeling pretty good in their rematch. The punch lands somewhere around Schmeling's side and kidney area and makes him scream

Trey KO
10-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Tyson versus Jack Michael Johnson. :eek:

The body shot was not the story! That wicked sledgehammer of an overhand right was exclusively what wrapped that one up.

Trey KO
10-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Genarro Hernandez/Raul Perez. Nasty left to the liver.

Father of Muzse
10-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Louis-Schmeling was brutal. You literally see Schmeling's cheeks flutter as the air leaves his body. :lol:

Father of Muzse
10-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Louis smashmed Schmeling pretty good in their rematch. The punch lands somewhere around Schmeling's side and kidney area and makes him scream

Missed this, but agREED!

Rubio MHS
10-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Landed by Leonard or Hearns? I ask because Leonard didn't turn that fight around until the 13th round...Landed by the guy who won the middle rounds. :lol:

Erratic
10-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Landed by Leonard or Hearns? I ask because Leonard didn't turn that fight around until the 13th round...

Leonard raked Tommy to the body in round 7. Tommy then turned things back around in his favor in round 9, only to have Ray turn it back in his favor in round 13.

Buddy Rydell
10-22-2007, 07:44 PM

That right hook to the body broke vertebrae in Schmeling's back.

Buddy Rydell
10-22-2007, 07:46 PM
The body shot was not the story! That wicked sledgehammer of an overhand right was exclusively what wrapped that one up.

The left hook to the body put him down and made him a sitting duck for the right hand. If you look at the leverage that Tyson gets on it...CRUNCH!!!!! Johnson couldn't breathe and gets destroyed by the right!

slystaff
10-22-2007, 11:12 PM
That right hook to the body broke vertebrae in Schmeling's back.That's because it was a punch in the back, not "the body".

Erratic
10-23-2007, 12:24 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i5aor2NFxKw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i5aor2NFxKw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Erratic
10-23-2007, 12:30 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBxXodXYEBI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBxXodXYEBI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

boxerpuncher
10-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Landed by Leonard or Hearns? I ask because Leonard didn't turn that fight around until the 13th round...Nope I'm talking about around the 4th round. That was the shot that let Ray know that Hearns couldn't take his body shots. Ands Hearns entire approach to the fight changed also as he became strictly an outside fighter trying to fend Ray off with his jab mostly rather than this guy who was supposed to be the deadly finisher in the fight who Ray had to watch out for.

Donnybrook
10-23-2007, 12:44 AM
Gatti won the first 3 rounds against Ward, the 4th was close, and then Gatti had a point taken away. Ward stole the 5th at the end with that brutal combo. Gatti won rounds 6-7. Ward took the 8th with another brutal attack late in the round that hurt Gatti. Round 9 was a 10-8 for Ward, and round 10 was Gatti's.

I can see it being 95-93 Gatti, or 94-94 with the 4th round going to Ward, but I can't see Ward winning the fight. The 9th was a 10-8 round to me with Gatti doing very well for the middle portion of the round lasting about a minute or so.

That's my point.

Donnybrook
10-23-2007, 12:50 AM
<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBxXodXYEBI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>
Yup....the sweet thing about Arguello-Kobayashi is that he landed that left hookercut/hook several times in the fight and most notably in the 5th....you could see it bothering Royal early until that final one lands spot on....and he is literally lifted off his feet then crumbles.

Great example.

broadwayjoe
10-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Landed by Leonard or Hearns? I ask because Leonard didn't turn that fight around until the 13th round...

Actually...Leonard turned the fight around in middle rounds, Hearns regained control from rounds 9 - 12 and then Leonard took over in the 13th. And a significant part of Leonard's mid rounds rally was hurting Hearns to the body.