PDA

View Full Version : GREAT Performance by Calzaghe!!!...

REEDsART
11-03-2007, 11:22 PM
REED has Been VERY Reluctant to ACCEPT Joe Calzaghe, but Only a TRUE Hater would Do So After his Performance Tonight...

REED CONFIDENTLY Picked Kessler & even Felt Kessler had the EDGE After 6 Rounds...But @ that SAME Moment, Calzaghe ASSERTED himself...

Dude Showed a TREMENDOUS Chin & He Actually STRAIGHTENED his Shots for this Fight...He STILL Showboated, yet he Got AWAY w/It...

@ this Point, Only Floyd Mayweather is CLEARLY a Better Fighter, Lb 4 Lb...Manny Pac MIGHT B, but REED Isn't Sure...

Regardless, REED is a HARDCORE Roy Jones NUTHUGGER, yet has NO Problem Calling Calzaghe "The BEST Supermiddleweight EVER", After Tonight...

Kessler's TECHNIQUE Troubled Calzaghe EARLY, but he ADJUSTED & Pretty Much DOMINATED the 2nd Half of the Fight...

Props to Joe Calzaghe...

REED:cool:

Rabid Kimba
11-03-2007, 11:23 PM
E A S Y win for the Slappy One.

:bears:

Rabid Kimba
11-03-2007, 11:24 PM
E A S Y prediction from me as well.

:popcorn:

LEGENDARY
11-03-2007, 11:25 PM
:warning: Not the Slappy one no More! Now you can see why he is very good..

ILLUMINATI
11-03-2007, 11:25 PM
E A S Y prediction from me as well.

okay mexican we got you the first time...

REEDsART
11-03-2007, 11:26 PM
E A S Y win for the Slappy One.

:bears:Nah, it Most Certainly WASN'T Easy...

REED:nono:

KaukipRrr
11-03-2007, 11:27 PM
:doh: GUTTED,.... he's 35, wasted his whole fucking career fighting nobody, and he'll retire in 1 or 2 fights, he also looks like shit inbetween big fights,..I hate him, but I'll never underestimate him again.

Rabid Kimba
11-03-2007, 11:27 PM
okay mexican we got you the first time...

I really don't need your opinion, inbred redneck.

puerto rock
11-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Very competitive fight. Great boxing match fought at a high skill level by both.

Definitely wasnt an easy fight.

Rabid Kimba
11-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Nah, it Most Certainly WASN'T Easy...

REED:nono:

E A S Y win.

Kessler owes the ref greatly for stopping the action from those vicious bodyshots.

E A S Y fight for Slappy.

royyjonesjrp4pno1
11-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Calzaghe made adjustments by using footwork later on. He also done a great job of going to the body to set up the head shots.

ILLUMINATI
11-03-2007, 11:32 PM
:doh: GUTTED,.... he's 35, wasted his whole fucking career fighting nobody, and he'll retire in 1 or 2 fights, he also looks like shit inbetween big fights,..I hate him, but I'll never underestimate him again.

werd...

Calzaghe missed the boat in his prime vs. Jones, Hopkins, Tarver..

dymipepel
11-03-2007, 11:32 PM

Kauki, whose prediction for this fight was correct, yours or mine?
Keep in mind, my prediction was the total opposite of whatever it is you predicted...

Xplosive
11-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Just missed the fight cause I had to work late, but props to Calz for proving me wrong...... again.

REEDsART
11-03-2007, 11:34 PM
E A S Y win.

Kessler owes the ref greatly for stopping the action from those vicious bodyshots.

E A S Y fight for Slappy.

:popcorn:Even IF the Fight had Been STOPPED @ that Point it Most Certainly WASN'T Easy...@ MOST, Kessler MIGHT have Been DROPPED in that Instance, but it's NOT like he was On his Way to Being KO'ed or Something..

The LACY Fight was Easy...NOT This Fight...

HUGE Difference...

KaukipRrr
11-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Kauki, whose prediction for this fight was correct, yours or mine?
Keep in mind, my prediction was the total opposite of whatever it is you predicted...

Impressive Dympeople, you picked that it wouldn't be a draw, what are the odds?..:eeeek:

Rabid Kimba
11-03-2007, 11:37 PM
9-3 rounds for Slappy...E A S Y win for him.

Hut*Hut
11-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Terrific, terrific fight...I really enjoyed this one. I had Kessler up after 8, but Joe dominated the latter rounds & I think we ALL have to admit it now - he might look HORRIBLE but Calzaghe is a true all time great. You just cant argue with it anymore. 17 years unbeaten 22 defences, 10 years as champion. Hut*Hut gives :-:bears: Right up there with Hopkins. now Im off to pass out. And I gotta get up to work in 5 hours :doh:

IronDanLaw
11-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Great peformance by Joe, he was clearly the better man.

Frank Warren calling him the best fighter from the UK after the war? :nono:

ILLUMINATI
11-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Great peformance by Joe, he was clearly the better man.

Frank Warren calling him the best fighter from the UK after the war? :nono:

??????

dymipepel
11-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Impressive Dympeople, you picked that it wouldn't be a draw, what are the odds?..:eeeek:

Oh, the draw was your prediction?
I thought you were leaning towards Kessler, no?

Andrew
11-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Great fight, outstanding perfromance from Joe.

Octopus
11-03-2007, 11:44 PM
"NEVER" bet against Calzaghe!! Cause he win's every time:bears:

He's gotten so vastly underrated by the boxing public,that it's ridiculous.

He just beat a dude in his prime,and beat him like it was almost nothing!! NOBODY,not even Calzaghe's own hardcore fans thought he he would beat Lacy. Not only did he beat him,he made him a $2 Dollar Queer!!

He needs to be ranked in the Top 3 of best current fighters and the Best "Super Middleweight" of All Time:bears:

Now I don't want to sound all cock slappy over himbut-Joe is really THAT GOOD!!:bears:

skeedaddle
11-03-2007, 11:45 PM
The pavlik- taylor fight was beautiful but this fight was a technicians wet dream. Not an easy fight at all. I thought both men had their chances. Although i gave it to calzaghe.

IronDanLaw
11-03-2007, 11:45 PM
??????
He is calling him the best British fighter ever since World War 2.

mexican wedding shirt
11-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Me and IronDanLaw were the ones that were really the most "right" in this prediction.

We stated clearly "Calzaghe is simply the better fighter".

And that's what it came to, it was simple :lol:

ILLUMINATI
11-03-2007, 11:47 PM
He is calling him the best British fighter ever since World War 2.

oohhhhh...well thats bullshit...

ILLUMINATI
11-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Me and IronDanLaw were the ones that were really the most "right" in this prediction.

calm your fluids women...:warning:

REEDsART
9-3 rounds for Slappy...E A S Y win for him.

:popcorn:Well, REED Gave Kessler 4 of the 1st 6 Rounds....& it's NOT like Calzaghe Won EVERY Round Thereafter...

Not Sure What Fight YOU Watched, but it Certainly WASN'T "Easy" for Calzaghe...

Kaliber44
Kessler proved to be very one dimensional. Good heart but couldn't adapt at all. Very good fundamentals and boxing skills but just doesn't that IT factor

mexican wedding shirt
11-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Kessler proved to be very one dimensional. Good heart but couldn't adapt at all. Very good fundamentals and boxing skills but just doesn't that IT factor

That's what I've been saying for months.

Bob N. Weave
11-03-2007, 11:50 PM
I wanna give Kessler some props too. He fought a GREAT fight and was a WARRIOR at the end. When was the last time we saw someone who was losing the fight at the 12th round go for broke trying for the knockout. I am definately a Kessler fan now.

Attraction
11-03-2007, 11:53 PM
kessler needed to throw more punches and use better footwork and timing.

the right hand was landing on calzaghe regularly and the uppercuts were a good idea.

it was a clear loss though, as hard as it is to admit. I thought kessler did well, but he wasn't as good as I thought. I did think Calzaghe would win on points but i just HOPED Kessler did it.

Ah well at least I have PBF vs Hatton to look forward to. That will be a nice LIQUIDATION by PBF. I can't wait.

But unfortunately I don't think I'll ever see Calzaghe beaten.

Orthodox Crusader
11-03-2007, 11:54 PM
I don't know where the fuck Kesslers energy went. He had plenty of gusto in the first 5 sessions, but Joe kept him off balance and landed some choice body shots later on. Joe basically owned the latter half of the fight.

meetthefeebles
11-03-2007, 11:55 PM
For me, fitness was a key element tonight: I had Mikkel up after 6 (and looking very dangerous) until Joe seemingly found extra gears in terms of movement and fitness and pulled away late (rounds 7 and 12 excepted, IMO)

Won me a few hundred quid too :cheer:

MTF

Orthodox Crusader
11-03-2007, 11:56 PM
That's what I've been saying for months.

Marciano was 1-d too.:dunno:

Kessler would have beaten a lot of fighters tonight.

Joe Cal was just smart enough in the latter rounds to take the wind out of his sails and leave him grasping at straws.

Nobleart
11-03-2007, 11:56 PM
I was rooting for Kessler but was up in the air about the outcome. Calzaghe is the goods and has now finally fought the guys to prove it.

Calzaghe has the perfect chin to fight the way he does. He can afford to get reckless every once in awhile. I think it won him the fight. Kessler just couldn't slow him down no matter how hard he hit him.

I don't see how Kessler could ever beat this version of Calzaghe just because it doesn't look like he can really hurt him, but I wouldn't mind seeing him try if the Hopkins or Pavlik fights don't pan out.

mexican wedding shirt
11-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Marciano was 1-d too.:dunno:

Kessler would have beaten a lot of fighters tonight.

Joe Cal was just smart enough in the latter rounds to take the wind out of his sails and leave him grasping at straws.

Marciano was a 1 dimensional attacking fighter, big difference.

Calzaghe is better than Marciano anyway.

Kessler indeed would have beaten a lot of fighters, because he is very good. Just not Calzaghe.

KaukipRrr
11-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Oh, the draw was your prediction?
I thought you were leaning towards Kessler, no?

http://www.fightbeat.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif It's nice to know you'll be picking Hatton against Fraud Dympeople,...:eeeek: you wouldn't deviate for that one would you,..if indeed this curse is true as you so passionately claim?..

meetthefeebles
11-03-2007, 11:59 PM

I think Joe has too much hand and foot speed (admittedly Kessler has plenty of the latter also) and scores too often with those eye-catching flurries again.

Calzaghe UD

I don't think I was too far out MWS... :tease:

MTF

Nobleart
11-04-2007, 12:00 AM
I don't know where the fuck Kesslers energy went. He had plenty of gusto in the first 5 sessions, but Joe kept him off balance and landed some choice body shots later on. Joe basically owned the latter half of the fight.

Kessler was throwing a ton of hard shots and when he was hitting it didn't seem to have an affect on Joe and when he was missing he was wearing himself down.

I thought Kessler had plenty of energy at the end of the fight but Calzaghe just seems to be able to kick it into another gear that most fighters just don't have.

joemul
11-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Kessler said afterwards that in the 5th/6th he missed a couple of big right and then Joe landed a big punch to his stomach. This took the wind from him and he felt he had to take the edge off his power punches for fear of it happening again. - not an exact transcript of his interviewe, but pretty much his words.

mexican wedding shirt
11-04-2007, 12:01 AM
I think Joe has too much hand and foot speed (admittedly Kessler has plenty of the latter also) and scores too often with those eye-catching flurries again.

Calzaghe UD

I don't think I was too far out MWS... :tease:

MTF

Well done MTF :bears:

Tam Tam
Great fight. Kessler just doesnt have enough wrinkles to handle a Joe Calaghe yet. Calzaghe is the fucking man. Great performance in a super high quality fight.

Orthodox Crusader
I was rooting for Kessler but was up in the air about the outcome. Calzaghe is the goods and has now finally fought the guys to prove it.

Calzaghe has the perfect chin to fight the way he does. He can afford to get reckless every once in awhile. I think it won him the fight. Kessler just couldn't slow him down no matter how hard he hit him.

I don't see how Kessler could ever beat this version of Calzaghe just because it doesn't look like he can really hurt him, but I wouldn't mind seeing him try if the Hopkins or Pavlik fights don't pan out.

I think Kessler would waste any middlweight out there. And I do mean any. He'd stop Pavlik in a few rounds.

meetthefeebles
11-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Kessler was throwing a ton of hard shots and when he was hitting it didn't seem to have an affect on Joe and when he was missing he was wearing himself down.

I thought Kessler had plenty of energy at the end of the fight but Calzaghe just seems to be able to kick it into another gear that most fighters just don't have.

Joe's chin was 'outstanding' tonight: those shots would have knocked down/out most fighters...

MTF

mexican wedding shirt
11-04-2007, 12:02 AM
I think Kessler would waste any middlweight out there. And I do mean any. He'd stop Pavlik in a few rounds.

You're overrating Kessler just to make Joe's win look even better than it is, and because Kessler is European.

Pavlik is a better fighter than Kessler, and you'll find this out if they ever fight.

mexican wedding shirt
11-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Joe's chin was 'outstanding' tonight: those shots would have knocked down/out most fighters...

MTF

2 things that seem to get consistently underrated with Joe - his chin and physical strength. He showed them both tonight. He is one tough, strong bastard.

meetthefeebles
11-04-2007, 12:04 AM

Shit yeah- he's far, far too good for Kelly right about now...

MTF

Orthodox Crusader
11-04-2007, 12:04 AM
You're overrating Kessler just to make Joe's win look even better than it is, and because Kessler is European.

Pavlik is a better fighter than Kessler, and you'll find this out if they ever fight.

Kessler is as big and is faster.

And Pavlik doesn't have an Iron chin.

The mobility and speed which Joe gave Kessler tonight would be absent vs Pavlik, as would the nouse on the inside.

Kessler beats Pavlik.:nono: :nono:

Nobleart
11-04-2007, 12:05 AM

Probably

Orthodox Crusader
11-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Shit yeah- he's far, far too good for Kelly right about now...

MTF

Not too many should be questioning you after tonight:clap: :clap:

meetthefeebles
11-04-2007, 12:06 AM
2 things that seem to get consistently underrated with Joe - his chin and physical strength. He showed them both tonight. He is one tough, strong bastard.

I never for one minute underestimated his strength: I fancied he'd be stronger than Mikkel period. But, in those first six rounds, he took some BIG right hands. I winced watching 'em. But he just walked right on in...

Fucking superb :bears:

MTF

mexican wedding shirt
11-04-2007, 12:07 AM

The mobility and speed which Joe gave Kessler tonight would be absent vs Pavlik, as would the nouse on the inside.

Pavlik filled out a bit at 168 would be bigger and hit harder. He also has more skill, adaptability, and is a better thinking fighter.

He has a MUCH higher workrate, and better timing, and a better array of punches.

meetthefeebles
11-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Pavlik filled out a bit at 168 would be bigger and hit harder. He also has more skill, adaptability, and is a better thinking fighter.

He has a MUCH higher workrate, and better timing, and a better array of punches.

I agree with all of this, but I still think that Joe would beat him. This may change as Kelly becomes more experienced, but right now (as in, they fight tomorrow), who would you put your money on MWS?

MTF

Orthodox Crusader
11-04-2007, 12:10 AM

He'd also be a full 8lbs slower. And Dang, thats slow.

And he is nowhere near as surgically precise as Kessler.

How anyone can say he has better timing than Mikkel is beyond me.

Mikkel timed Joe beautifully several times tonight.

mexican wedding shirt
11-04-2007, 12:13 AM
I agree with all of this, but I still think that Joe would beat him. This may change as Kelly becomes more experienced, but right now (as in, they fight tomorrow), who would you put your money on MWS?

MTF

No no MTF, I would pick Joe to beat him. I was talking about Pavlik compared to Kessler :lol:

mexican wedding shirt
11-04-2007, 12:14 AM
He'd also be a full 8lbs slower. And Dang, thats slow.

And he is nowhere near as surgically precise as Kessler.

How anyone can say he has better timing than Mikkel is beyond me.

Mikkel timed Joe beautifully several times tonight.

Yes "several" times being key. Not lots of times.

His timing looked good in the 4th round, other than that to be honest his timing and accuracy looked pretty average. How many of his punches missed by a country mile and went sailing over Joe's head? 200?

meetthefeebles
11-04-2007, 12:16 AM
No no MTF, I would pick Joe to beat him. I was talking about Pavlik compared to Kessler :lol:

TF4T- I thought you had gone all daft, and with me being 12 snakebites into a decent session, I was becoming very confused...:lol:

I actually think that Mikkel beats Pavlik though: Mikkel looked poor tonight but that is no reflection on him, but more a reflection on Joe. Those shots he landed early doors (tonight) would have been a wake up call to Kelly, at the very least...

MTF

mexican wedding shirt
11-04-2007, 12:18 AM
MTF am I correct in thinking you're English?

If so, how come you said "period".

I'm not sellign Kessler short. He didn't look poor tonight, he fought he always does, and how I thought he would. He simply wasn't on Joe's level and was too basic and robotic to really figure him out.

Kessler is not a thinking fighter, he is more of a fundamental mechanical fighter.

Pavlik, despite looking sloppy, IS a thinking fighter, is more adaptable, has better timing and accuracy, probably hits harder, and has a MUCH higher workrate.

I would seriously pick Pavlik over Kessler in his first fight at 168.

TRUE BRIT
11-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Joe fought a great fight against a great champion in Kessler. He has to have cemented his place in history now as the greatest supermiddle of all time.
To me Kessler always looked dangerous right up until the final bell, his right hand would have got most fighters out of there but thank fuck for Joe's chin.
A great fight.

meetthefeebles
11-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Well done MTF :bears:

Frankly, if I could suck my own dick, I would... :laughing: :laughing:

MTF

meetthefeebles
11-04-2007, 12:41 AM
MTF am I correct in thinking you're English?\

Assumption correct...

If so, how come you said "period".\

Not sure where you are coming from bud...(I may be pissed, though)

I'm not selling Kessler short. He didn't look poor tonight, he fought he always does, and how I thought he would. He simply wasn't on Joe's level and was too basic and robotic to really figure him out.

Kessler is not a thinking fighter, he is more of a fundamental mechanical fighter.

Pavlik, despite looking sloppy, IS a thinking fighter, is more adaptable, has better timing and accuracy, probably hits harder, and has a MUCH higher workrate.

I would seriously pick Pavlik over Kessler in his first fight at 168.\

I think it really is a case of experience. I know that Kessler looked balls today, and I know he is/looked robotic, but I had a good wedge on Joe but I never really felt comfortable until that final bell. Even though Joe looked miles better/was clear. The old equaliser int eh right was enogh to keep things interesting...

...and KP can be hit (see Taylor and Zuniga). If Kessler hits him (before he runs out of steam, like tonight), I think Kessler smokes him. I also think Kessler is much better than Joe made him look in the end- he fights in straight lines, but they are good, hard straight lines.

As I said, in a year or two, I might change my mind. But for now, I think Kelly is a little green..

Beyond the Grave
11-04-2007, 12:46 AM
I had to work late so I missed the fight:doh: but from what I've read the fight turned out the way I predicted......DAMN!!! I good:clap:

Rabid Kimba
11-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Well, REED Gave Kessler 4 of the 1st 6 Rounds....& it's NOT like Calzaghe Won EVERY Round Thereafter...

Not Sure What Fight YOU Watched, but it Certainly WASN'T "Easy" for Calzaghe...

Again...E A S Y night for the Slappy One.

I can do this ALL NIGHT.

:lol: :popcorn:

Rabid Kimba
11-04-2007, 12:59 AM

Exactly.

Rabid Kimba
11-04-2007, 01:01 AM

Agreed.

Man, you and I think alike.

:bears:

Rabid Kimba
11-04-2007, 01:03 AM

You are nuts.

ElTerriblee
11-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Luckily Calzaghe only fights quality opponents every 10 years, because his fans are among the most moronic.

skeedaddle
11-04-2007, 01:32 AM
I would not write off kelly pavlik against either of them. He would always have a high probablility of a punchers chance. He also has a high work rate.

joony
11-04-2007, 01:02 AM
calzaghe rules. he dominated a partially unified badass who's 7 years younger than him. what the fuck has mayweather done recently?

calzaghe is #1 p4p.

royyjonesjrp4pno1
11-04-2007, 01:09 AM
calzaghe rules. he dominated a partially unified badass who's 7 years younger than him. what the fuck has mayweather done recently?

calzaghe is #1 p4p. Mayweather is at the top because hes beaten better comp over a long period of time. Hes won belts in 5 weight classes and is more skilled then Calzaghe. Anyways recently Mayweather has beaten Judah, Baldomir and De la Hoya. Thats impressive, as well as having fought great comp when Calzaghe was busy fighting bum after bum.

Roll With The Punches
11-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Kessler is a good fighter.....maybe a B level kinda guy

so Calzagne has Kessler on his resume and that's about it in my book.....over a 10 year span that's pretty dissapointing :dunno: i suppose it's enough to make him #1 supermiddleweight of all time...just

Bob N. Weave
11-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Kessler is a good fighter.....maybe a B level kinda guy

so Calzagne has Kessler on his resume and that's about it in my book.....over a 10 year span that's pretty dissapointing :dunno: i suppose it's enough to make him #1 supermiddleweight of all time...just

Fighting a very competitive fight vs. possibly the best SMW of all time and hes a B level fighter. This is just moronic. :shit:

Roll With The Punches
11-04-2007, 01:47 AM
Fighting a very competitive fight vs. possibly the best SMW of all time and hes a B level fighter. This is just moronic. :shit:

so every opponent that was slightly competitive agast Calslappy is an A level fighter??? this is just moronic :shit:

:cool:

Neil
11-04-2007, 02:08 AM
all credit to calzaghe for a convincing victory over an excellent opponent. he didn't have to resort to grappling either. his versatility, athleticism and toughness proved too much for kessler!

steve_dave
11-04-2007, 02:14 AM
A TON of guys would have folded under Kessler's early power punching.

Awesome performance by Calzaghe. Fantastic fighter.

D.C. Pizza Master
11-04-2007, 02:32 AM
REED has Been VERY Reluctant to ACCEPT Joe Calzaghe, but Only a TRUE Hater would Do So After his Performance Tonight...

REED CONFIDENTLY Picked Kessler & even Felt Kessler had the EDGE After 6 Rounds...But @ that SAME Moment, Calzaghe ASSERTED himself...

Dude Showed a TREMENDOUS Chin & He Actually STRAIGHTENED his Shots for this Fight...He STILL Showboated, yet he Got AWAY w/It...

@ this Point, Only Floyd Mayweather is CLEARLY a Better Fighter, Lb 4 Lb...Manny Pac MIGHT B, but REED Isn't Sure...

Regardless, REED is a HARDCORE Roy Jones NUTHUGGER, yet has NO Problem Calling Calzaghe "The BEST Supermiddleweight EVER", After Tonight...

Kessler's TECHNIQUE Troubled Calzaghe EARLY, but he ADJUSTED & Pretty Much DOMINATED the 2nd Half of the Fight...

Props to Joe Calzaghe...

he is italian..thats why he won :tease:

D.C. Pizza Master
11-04-2007, 02:32 AM
all credit to calzaghe for a convincing victory over an excellent opponent. he didn't have to resort to grappling either. his versatility, athleticism and toughness proved too much for kessler!

this doesn't sound like the neil i remembered

D.C. Pizza Master
11-04-2007, 02:35 AM
Just missed the fight cause I had to work late, but props to Calz for proving me wrong...... again.

yeah i didnt even pick calzaghe to win this one

i really didnt see any advantage for him in the fight other then handspeed but it wasnt by that much and i figured kessler's range and straighter punches with serious power would be enough

still kind of surprised he won

Beyond the Grave
11-04-2007, 09:17 AM
yeah i didnt even pick calzaghe to win this one

i really didnt see any advantage for him in the fight other then handspeed but it wasnt by that much and i figured kessler's range and straighter punches with serious power would be enough

still kind of surprised he won

28 people told you why Calzaghe would win.

slystaff
11-04-2007, 09:27 AM

Awesome performance by Calzaghe. Fantastic fighter.

word.

anyone care to revisit this one?

http://www.fightbeat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20821

Beyond the Grave
11-04-2007, 09:32 AM
word.

anyone care to revisit this one?

http://www.fightbeat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20821

That's why I hate going to MM everybody there automatically assume the older fighters would smoke the new guys:rolleyes: that's not alway's the case,fighters now are more advanced Physically and would pose trouble for the old heads.

TKO
11-04-2007, 10:39 AM

Props to Joe Calzaghe...

:clap:

I never like or rated Joe until 2-3 years ago, there is no doubting this guy he is amazing.

Kessler had so much power and Joe stood toe to toe with this guy and took his best shots.

royyjonesjrp4pno1
11-04-2007, 10:52 AM

Awesome performance by Calzaghe. Fantastic fighter.I agree. You wonder how much his bum fighting spree has killed his all time rankings in the sport.

TKO
11-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I agree. You wonder how much his bum fighting spree has killed his all time rankings in the sport.

This can be amended with 2 super fights.

Xplosive
11-04-2007, 11:00 AM

Props to Joe Calzaghe...

Correction brah, Joe is the GREATEST super middleweight of all time. RJ is the BEST.

Other than that, I agree with your post 100%. All props to Joe, I admit I was confident in a Kessler win. Joe proved me wrong. He's a sure HOFmer.

Orthodox Crusader
11-04-2007, 11:25 AM
he is italian..thats why he won :tease:

You're still a deluded clown.

He's good, thats why he won.:nono:

KaukipRrr
11-04-2007, 11:51 AM
You're still a deluded clown.

He's good, thats why he won.:nono:

:doh: It's gotta hurt that he's half sicillian Arab though,.....:eeeek: oh wait a minute, your an Arthur Abraham fan,..:bears: my mistake, :crafty: UP Persia!

Andrew
11-04-2007, 11:54 AM
This can be amended with 2 super fights.

Not fully, theres not much out there for Joe to be honest.

Hopkins is about the only guy, and hes a few years and 15 pounds removed from his peak. Besides that, what super fights are there that can amend his all time status? Pavlik, Taylor, Tarver, Dawson? I dont think so.

Mean Mr Mustard
11-04-2007, 03:05 PM

Props to Joe Calzaghe...

Roy Jones Jr (circa 1997) vs Joe Calzaghe (2007)..at 168lb
http://www.fightbeat.com/forums/images/smilies/dunno.gif

Donnybrook
11-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Not fully, theres not much out there for Joe to be honest.

Hopkins is about the only guy, and hes a few years and 15 pounds removed from his peak. Besides that, what super fights are there that can amend his all time status? Pavlik, Taylor, Tarver, Dawson? I dont think so.

If he takes on the likes of Dawson or Woods or Erdei at LHWT and beats them (especially given Calzaghe's age and stage of his career)...that definitely would enhance his legacy.

So would taking on very young, hungry bucks like Pavlik - who is basically the champion at 160 (yes, I'm aware of Abraham).

Peace.