PDA

View Full Version : UFC 79 Results

TFK
12-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Guillard vs Clementi:

Round 1

Clementi subs Guillard with a RNC and a body lock. After the fight, Clementi gives Guillard a DX Crotch Chop. Guillard tries to attack Clementi from behind, but Herb Dean stops him.

Clementi talking shit on the mic after the fight, they have to be seperated again.

Decent fight. Clementi landed a couple nice low kicks and a takedown. Guillard landed a good right, but ended up getting taken down and choked out.

Very WWEish, but fun nonetheless.

TFK

TFK
12-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Machida vs. Sokoudjou:

Soko comes out in a Predator mask and to some African drums. Pretty cool entrance. This should be a good fight. Machida can look boring because he doesn't press the fight. Soko should bring the fight to him.

TFK
12-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Round 1

Uneventful 1st round. 4 minutes of Machida on top with Soko looking lost on bottom. Machida didn't do much while he was on top.

They get stood up, and Soko takes down Machida.

Round to Machida.

TFK

TFK
12-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Round 2

Machida lands a nice high kick to start the round.

Not much of anything for a few minutes. Soko walks into a punch and gets dropped, Machida flurries on top but can't finish. Machida on top.

Soko looks lost, and he's breathing heavy.

Machida applies an arm triangle and Soko taps.

Machida is a great fighter, but he makes Tim Sylvia look like Forrest Griffin.

TFK

Beyond the Grave
12-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Machida may be boring as hell but this guy is GOOD!!! His technique and timing is just sick.

TFK
12-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Text Messenging predictions has Chuck 60% and Wandy 40%, and Hughes 52% and GSP 48%.

Who actually text messeges a PPV?

TFK

Beyond the Grave
12-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Text Messenging predictions has Chuck 60% and Wandy 40%, and Hughes 52% and GSP 48%.

Who actually text messeges a PPV?

TFK

They also voted that Rich Franklin would beat Anderson Silva in there rematch:lol:..................just saying :dunno:

TFK
12-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Eddie Sanchez vs Sao Palelei

Rd 1

Sao gets somewhat of a takedown against the fence. They struggle for awhile. Sao gets kneed in the ding dong. About a minute stoppage in the action.

More hugging against the fence. Sanchez lands a few punches. Sao isn't hurt, but he's not doing much.

Round to Sanchez.

Not sure why this fight is on the main card. Both fighters look out of shape. This could get ugly if it goes all 3.

TFK

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 12:10 AM
I can't believe they gave sanchez a ppv spot after his gay ass performance against Cro Cop

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 12:11 AM
:lol: There goes the hype of Soku. Just another Houston Alexander type who got a couple of good wins.

Gh77
12-30-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm glad Machida won. He's a damn good fighter.

TFK
12-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Round 2

Round starts with more hugging on the fence with Sanchez throwing on the inside. Sao with a good right at the 2:00 mark. Sao swinging and missing.

Sanchez is trying, but he's just not very good. Sao is terrible. Crowd is getting restless. Sanchez with an uppercut that buckles Sao's knees.

Sanchez starting to land as the round ends.

Round to Sanchez.

TFK

TFK
12-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Round 3

Sanchez lands some decent shots. Sao is bleeding from the nose. Sanchez is dominating, but not looking good doing it, if that makes any sense. Sao is doing nothing but trying to clinch.

Both fighters look gassed.

Sao clinches more, Sanchez throwing on the inside.

Yamasaki stops the fight. Thank God. Sanchez wins.

That was ugly. We'll never see Sao in the octogon again.

TFK

TFK
12-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Chuck vs Wandy coming up next.

TFK

ArturoGatti
12-30-2007, 12:43 AM
thanks for the updates, TFK.

TFK
12-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Chuck vs Wandy

Round 1

Both fighters tentative in the 1st 2 minutes. Chuck nails Wandy and Wandy backs up. Chuck charges but Wandy was playing possum and nailed Chuck.

Chuck getting the better of the exchanges, but Wandy is just missing.

Round to Chuck.

TFK
12-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Round 2

All Stand up. Wandy takes control and lands some shots. Chuck slips and Wandy nails him on the way up. Wandy drops Chuck but lets him back up. Wandy landing more.

Chuck nails Wandy and hurts him. Chuck teeing off against the fence. Both fighters landing,. Wandy is bloody.

Awesome fight.

TFK
12-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Sorry, close round won by Chuck

TFK
12-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Round 3

Chuck with a takedown.

More standup. Both fighters hurt and tired.

Spinning backfist by chick. Wandy hort bad. Chuck teeing off against the fence. Wandy survives.

Back to the middle. Chuck landing more. Wandy is hurt.

Chuck can cruise to a decision if he stays away. Wandy lands a combo. Chuck with a takedown to end the fight.

Round and fight Chuck Liddell.

Great fight.

TFK

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 01:00 AM
It pretty much turned out like I always said it would.Chuck's style was made for Silva's

*RAMPAGE breathes easy*

TFK
12-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Unanimous Decision for Liddell. Great fight.

Chuck looked better then he has in a long time. Wandy looked good too, just overmatched. I'd love to see a rematch.

Rematch or not, I hope Wandy fights in the UFC again. He may not be what he once was, but he's still got a lot left.

TFK

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 01:01 AM
It's amazing to me. All the training in different styles and camps from BJJ to wrestling to boxing to muay thai and still, all Wandy can do out there is stand there feet wide apart like a zombie throwing silly sloppy punches and showing no defense.:lol:
Shot fighter completely. He's been done for over a year.

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 01:03 AM

Chuck looked better then he has in a long time. Wandy looked good too, just overmatched. I'd love to see a rematch.

Rematch or not, I hope Wandy fights in the UFC again. He may not be what he once was, but he's still got a lot left.

TFK

He's got nothing left. He's shot. He won't beat anybody at 205. Both guys looked like crap. One worse than the other.

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 01:04 AM
It's amazing to me. All the training in different styles and camps from BJJ to wrestling to boxing to muay thai and still, all Wandy can do out there is stand there feet wide apart like a zombie throwing silly sloppy punches and showing no defense.:lol:
Shot fighter completely. He's been done for over a year.

Agreed

*Rampage breathes easy again*

TFK
12-30-2007, 01:06 AM
He's got nothing left. He's shot. He won't beat anybody at 205. Both guys looked like crap. One worse than the other.

They put on a great slugfest, and you say both fighters looked like crap.

Unreal.

TFK

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 01:08 AM
They put on a great slugfest, and you say both fighters looked like crap.

Unreal.

TFK

Chuck is exactly what you saw in the Rampage and Jardine fights. He just has enough left to beat the shell of Wandy tonight. There was no real skill level displayed tonight. Both guys throwing sloppy silly punches.

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 01:09 AM

Agreed,Wanderlei been done for awhile now and its been alot longer than a year,this goes back too his fights with Arona.As for Chuck...nothings changed,he can't beat Jackson,so i just think they'll keep him around as a cash cow.

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Chuck is exactly what you saw in the Rampage and Jardine fights. He just has enough left to beat the shell of Wandy tonight. There was no real skill level displayed tonight. Both guys throwing sloppy silly punches.

Pretty much.....still,they gave it there all though.

TFK
12-30-2007, 01:12 AM

It was Chuck vs Wandy. What were you expecting, a submission clinic?

Sao and Sanchez, they looked like crap. Chuck and Wandy went balls out for 3 rounds.

Wandy may not be elite, but he showed he still has something left. More then I gave him credit for coming in. And while I don't think Liddell can beat Rampage, if he fought the way he fought tonight he'd kill Jardine, and he'd beat just about anyone in 205.

I know you like to hate on the UFC and their 'house' fighters like Liddell, but gimme a break.

TFK

TFK
12-30-2007, 01:13 AM
GSP vs Hughes coming up.

GSP coming out to the gayest entrance music ever. French rap?

TFK

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 01:15 AM
It was Chuck vs Wandy. What were you expecting, a submission clinic?

Sao and Sanchez, they looked like crap. Chuck and Wandy went balls out for 3 rounds.

Wandy may not be elite, but he showed he still has something left. More then I gave him credit for coming in. And while I don't think Liddell can beat Rampage, if he fought the way he fought tonight he'd kill Jardine, and he'd beat just about anyone in 205.

I know you like to hate on the UFC and their 'house' fighters like Liddell, but gimme a break.

TFK

Jardine looked like the better fighter too me.If the UFC was smart they would keep Chuck away from Jardine.

TFK
12-30-2007, 01:24 AM
Round 1

Hughes goes for takedowns but GSP defends. GSP throwing kicks but missing. GSP with a takedown. GSP landing some punches and elbows on top. GSP slamming Hughes from the mount position. Warned for hitting back of the head.

Round to GSP

TFK
12-30-2007, 01:31 AM
Round 2

GSP with another takedown. GSP fighting to get out of the guard. Hughes throwing elbows off of his back.

GSP has side control. He has Hughes back. Fights out of the RNC attempt but GSP still controlliung the action on the ground. Hughes goes for a slam but GSP blocks it. GSP with a great hip toss takedown.

GSP gets an armbar and Hughes verbally taps with seconds left in the round.

GSP dominated.

Baron
12-30-2007, 01:32 AM
:bears::bears::bears:GSP!!!!

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 01:32 AM
St Pierre won by an armbar

He beat Matt Hughes ass ,he dominated hughes on the ground and beat his ass and made him tap.

*Serra sits at home sweating bullets*

TFK
12-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Classy move by GSP not accepting the 'interim' belt.

I was wrong on this one, Hughes looked like crap and GSP looked great.

I still think he's a douche though.

TFK

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Until I beat Matt Serra .I am NOT the UFC Welterweight Champion

:bears::bears:

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 01:35 AM
:bears:GSP! Hughes' career is done. He'll announce his retirement now.

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Classy move by GSP not accepting the 'interim' belt.

I was wrong on this one, Hughes looked like crap and GSP looked great.

I still think he's a douche though.

TFK

:dunno:Whatever! GSP raped his ass like a joke! :clap:

TFK
12-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Bonus coverage coming up.

Manny Gamburan vs Nate Mohr

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 01:37 AM
GSP don't want that interum bullshit title.This ain't boxing he wants to be the REAL CHAMPION!!!!!:clap:

valdosta
12-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Easy pick. ANyone who pays attention to MMA should have saw that coming.

TFK
GSP don't want that interum bullshit title.This ain't boxing he wants to be the REAL CHAMPION!!!!!:clap:

The only reason this was made an 'interim' title fight was to make it 5 rounds instead of 3.

TFK

Beyond the Grave
:dunno:Whatever! GSP raped his ass like a joke! :clap:

Again!!!

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Easy pick. ANyone who pays attention to MMA should have saw that coming.

Sometimes people take a gamble and pick with there heart (TFK) I done it before and you have too.

Bob N. Weave
12-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Jesus... GSP is a MONSTER!!

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 01:41 AM
Can't believe Hughes got taken down so easily so many times and dominated. Dude had no fight in him whatsoever. Credit to him though, he's had a good career.

valdosta
12-30-2007, 01:41 AM
Sometimes people take a gamble and pick with there heart (TFK) I done it before and you have too.

Negative. Any good gambler knows better. I like both guys but like I said in the thread talking about Pierre's wrestling, the fight was pretty easy to call.

TFK
12-30-2007, 01:42 AM

I just don't like GSP. I wouldn't have put any money on Hughes if I were in Vegas. Well, not any serious money anyway.

I will be throwing big bucks on Sylvia over Nog when I'm out there for the Superbowl though.

TFK

valdosta
12-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Can't believe Hughes got taken down so easily so many times and dominated. Dude had no fight in him whatsoever. Credit to him though, he's had a good career.

Didn;t surprise me. Koscheck is a better wrestler than hughes is and GSP was taking him down to. THAT surprised me but not tonight.

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Jesus... GSP is a MONSTER!!

MAN!!!!

His only flaw is that he's loses focus for some reason :dunno: Other than that he's as complete an MMA fighter you'll find other than FEDOR and PENN

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 01:45 AM
I just don't like GSP. I wouldn't have put any money on Hughes if I were in Vegas. Well, not any serious money anyway.

I will be throwing big bucks on Sylvia over Nog when I'm out there for the Superbowl though.

TFK

You seem to have a fetish for the Team Miletich guys, eh TFK? :lol: Hughes(although he's gone from there), and that big ogre Sylvia. Sylvia's gonna get killed too.:crafty:

TFK
12-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Gamburyan wins by submission with a leglock.

TFK

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 01:48 AM
You seem to have a fetish for the Team Miletich guys, eh TFK? :lol: Hughes(although he's gone from there), and that big ogre Sylvia. Sylvia's gonna get killed too.:crafty:

Sylvia's looked like ass since getting off the roids.THe only reason he's last this long because the division has been rubbish for years.Nogeira is better than Sylvia in every way and he'll show it.

TFK
12-30-2007, 01:53 AM

Yeah, I'm a fan of team Militech. I actually hung out with a bunch of them years ago at the Hoffbrauhaus in Vegas for the Superbowl. They came in and sat down at the table next to mine. This was before TUF and the whole UFC explosion, so most people didn't know who they were, so they seemed impressed that I did.

Mostly it was Ben Rothwell, Justin Eilers, and Jens Pulver hanging out shooting the shit and drinking with me, but Sylvia hung out for a bit and was pretty cool, although he was bummed because he lost to Arlovski the night before. Hughes just sat at his table and never bothered to come over. There were a couple others who I didn't recognize.

I actually have video of me, drunk as hell, messing around saying I'd beat all their asses, and then Jens Pulver putting me in a choke and Mike Whitehead laying into me with the 'Pro Wrestling' forearms.

TFK

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I'm a fan of team Militech. I actually hung out with a bunch of them years ago at the Hoffbrauhaus in Vegas for the Superbowl. They came in and sat down at the table next to mine. This was before TUF and the whole UFC explosion, so most people didn't know who they were, so they seemed impressed that I did.

Mostly it was Ben Rothwell, Justin Eilers, and Jens Pulver hanging out shooting the shit and drinking with me, but Sylvia hung out for a bit and was pretty cool, although he was bummed because he lost to Arlovski the night before. Hughes just sat at his table and never bothered to come over. There were a couple others who I didn't recognize.

I actually have video of me, drunk as hell, messing around saying I'd beat all their asses, and then Jens Pulver putting me in a choke and Mike Whitehead laying into me with the 'Pro Wrestling' forearms.

TFK

:bears:Excellent. But it now all makes sense why you're such a big fan of Tim Sylvia. Remind me not to put any merit in your predictions of Tim Sylvia fights in future.:lol: J/K
He's gonna get killed by Noguira.

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 01:58 AM
Sylvia's looked like ass since getting off the roids.THe only reason he's last this long because the division has been rubbish for years.Nogeira is better than Sylvia in every way and he'll show it.

I expect Noguira to treat Tim in the same manner as Tim's buddy Matt was treated by GSP tonight. Pure domination. A little bit of standup, followed by a takedown and then a submission. Noguira will handle him easily.

TFK
12-30-2007, 02:00 AM
:bears:Excellent. But it now all makes sense why you're such a big fan of Tim Sylvia. Remind me not to put any merit in your predictions of Tim Sylvia fights in future.:lol: J/K
He's gonna get killed by Noguira.

Nah, Tim is gonna hug Nog on the fence for 5 boring rounds, winning a boring, but clear decision, and everyone is gonna say Sylvia still sucks, and that Nog was never that good in the first place.

TFK

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Nah, Tim is gonna hug Nog on the fence for 5 boring rounds, winning a boring, but clear decision, and everyone is gonna say Sylvia still sucks, and that Nog was never that good in the first place.

TFK

Sorry TFK. Not happening. This is Noguira, not Brandon Vera. Nog will not allow Tim to stall the fight in that fashion. Nog is going to handle him and will win the title.

TFK
12-30-2007, 02:06 AM
Sorry TFK. Not happening. This is Noguira, not Brandon Vera. Nog will not allow Tim to stall the fight in that fashion. Nog is going to handle him and will win the title.

We'll see.

I'll be out in Vegas, but I don't think I'm gonna go to the card. The octogon makes it hard to see in person, and ticket prices are through the roof. I went last year for the Cro Cop\Sanchez fight, and we were in the upper level and ended up watching most of the fights on the big screen.

With the wrestling and submissions, it's better to watch it on TV then it is live, although the atmosphere at a live event is awesome.

I;m hoping I can find a good sports bar showing the fights.

TFK

steve_dave
12-30-2007, 02:46 AM
GSP is all class. I don't see what's not to like, TFK.

valdosta
12-30-2007, 03:02 AM

:dunno: agreed.

His_Royness
12-30-2007, 03:20 AM

agreed, too anyone who doesn't like him is a bad person, but Hughes was classy in defeat, too and gave the man his props.

I want to add that i agree with TFK here about the Liddell Silva fight if u just saw this fight and didn't know the circumstances you would see some quick, skilled strikers with good chins banging it out for three rounds. This was truly a great fight. But Chuck looking so good had all to do with Silva being past it big time. To think this version would have beaten Jardine isn't crazy because that was a split decision and u could give Chuck the benefit of the doubt here also considering Jardine sucks big time. But to think he would beat most 205ers is as stupid as picking Hughes over GSP.

Chuck is past it and he only looked so good, because Wandy not only has the perfect style for him but also couldn't even bring his best.

Against any of today's fighters who can take his shot without shitting their pants you will see him getting older again very quickly.

Joe King
12-30-2007, 03:29 AM
I enjoyed the entire PPV card. I'm happy for GSP and was impressed with Liddell who I don't really care for.

I just find it funny that they are considering the Chuck/Wanderlei fight a great fight when it would be a laughingstock of a fight in boxing.

Bob N. Weave
12-30-2007, 03:42 AM
I enjoyed the entire PPV card. I'm happy for GSP and was impressed with Liddell who I don't really care for.

I just find it funny that they are considering the Chuck/Wanderlei fight a great fight when it would be a laughingstock of a fight in boxing.

Uhhh....it's not boxing man....

His_Royness
12-30-2007, 03:44 AM

that's because it's the UFC... i also liked how we now have a vintage Chuck Liddell who is BACK! Goldberg creamed his pants while screaming that shit... :laughing:

Joe King
12-30-2007, 03:59 AM
Uhhh....it's not boxing man....

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I just thought they were fighting with Hatton rules and that they forgot to put gloves on:doh:

what I'm saying is that a lot of UFC fans say boxing is boring, then go on to cheer two guys wildly swinging at each other.

His_Royness
12-30-2007, 04:10 AM
Really? I wasn't aware of that. I just thought they were fighting with Hatton rules and that they forgot to put gloves on:doh:

what I'm saying is that a lot of UFC fans say boxing is boring, then go on to cheer two guys wildly swinging at each other.

yeah because it's not boring...

I'm not saying boxing is boring but that fight sure as hell wasn't boring either - i can enjoy both but to each his own...

FourHooks
12-30-2007, 06:56 AM
No wrestler should ever beat GSP....Its gonna take someone with a hellacious wallop or some slick BJJ to beat him.....Cue up Serra's chiropractor

Dont put Jon Fitch in front of GSP, that will be ugly

mexican wedding shirt
12-30-2007, 08:16 AM

TFK

Fuck me, you really are a total Chuck groupie aren't you?

Wandy is SHOT to fuck. He's literally a shell of the guy who beat the living shit out of rampage twice.

ArturoGatti
12-30-2007, 11:24 AM
St Pierre won by an armbar

He beat Matt Hughes ass ,he dominated hughes on the ground and beat his ass and made him tap.

*Serra sits at home sweating bullets*yeah, because he had such a tough time with him in the first fight. :laughing:

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 11:59 AM
yeah, because he had such a tough time with him in the first fight. :laughing:

I guess your picking Serra to win again?.....bold move GAtti

TFK
12-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Fuck me, you really are a total Chuck groupie aren't you?

Wandy is SHOT to fuck. He's literally a shell of the guy who beat the living shit out of rampage twice.

A Chuck groupie? Hardly.

The bottom line is, Liddell looked good last night, and Wandy went balls out and took everything Liddell had.

TFK

Bob N. Weave
12-30-2007, 12:31 PM
yeah, because he had such a tough time with him in the first fight. :laughing:

That was a fluke and you know it. GSP is gonna destroy Serra in their next fight.

Bob N. Weave
12-30-2007, 12:36 PM

And?? Are you saying that was a boring fight?? Two guys going for broke swinging for the fences the whole fight and you complain???? Did you watch the fight?? If so, you need to stop watching.

That was a great card. Brutal standup brawl by 2 former champions, a total dominating technical performance by one of the p4p best in GSP, and an explosive stoppage in a fight between 2 highly touted prospects to determine who will be a contender.

Great night of fights. :bears:

mexican wedding shirt
12-30-2007, 12:43 PM
A Chuck groupie? Hardly.

The bottom line is, Liddell looked good last night, and Wandy went balls out and took everything Liddell had.

TFK

Lidell looked like a sloppy bum, and Wandy looked ultra shot.

Was it a good fight? Sure it was, it was fun to watch and action packed, but they both ultimately looked shit.

Chuck did look marginally better than he did against Rampage and Jardine, but that's because he was up against a smaller and far shotter fighter.

The only reason you're saying Wandy has a lot left is because you're trying to make Chuck's win look better than it is, as you're a chuck fan.

Seriously - go and watch the Wandy - Rampage 1, then watch last night's fight.

The difference is monumental. Wandy is done, he has nothing left.

TFK
12-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Liddell got killed by Rampage, and beaten down by Jardine, and he only looked marginally better last night?

Gimme a break.

TFK

ArturoGatti
12-30-2007, 12:52 PM
That was a fluke and you know it. GSP is gonna destroy Serra in their next fight.:rolleyes:

mexican wedding shirt
12-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Liddell got killed by Rampage, and beaten down by Jardine, and he only looked marginally better last night?

Gimme a break.

TFK

Yes that's right. He was still throwing the same crap, sloppy punches, and moving around awkwardly with the same bad footwork.

The crucial difference was he was fighting a smaller, completely shot fighter.

Why didn't you address my point about the Wandy that hammered Rampage compared to the Wandy that fought Chuck last night?

Did you check it out that fight?

The problem isn't you thinking Chuck looked good, it's you thinking Wandy has "a lot left". That's fucking preposterous :lol: He's utterly shot.

TFK
12-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes that's right. He was still throwing the same crap, sloppy punches, and moving around awkwardly with the same bad footwork.

The crucial difference was he was fighting a smaller, completely shot fighter.

Why didn't you address my point about the Wandy that hammered Rampage compared to the Wandy that fought Chuck last night?

Did you check it out that fight?

The problem isn't you thinking Chuck looked good, it's you thinking Wandy has "a lot left". That's fucking preposterous :lol: He's utterly shot.

Those same crap, sloppy punches have led to a hall of fame career.

If you can't see that Chuck was a different fighter then he was against Jardine, you're just not paying attention.

And as far as Silva, going into the fight, I thought he was shot. But he showed, while he's no longer elite, he can be a good gatekeeper fight for up and coming talent. He can still win fights. He's not someone like a Ken Shamrock, who can't beat anybody. I'd put him on par with Tito, who isn't gonna beat any of the top 205ers, but can still win his share of fights.

TFK

mexican wedding shirt
12-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Well I think he is far more shot than Tito.

The difference is, Silva used to be an excellent fighter, and Tito has always been average.

How was Chuck different? I tend to pay a lot of attention to any fight I watch, it's my nature. He didn't look any faster, sharper, or anything. He was simply fighting a smaller, shot fighter like I said.

I give him credit, he's 38 years old and has really maximized his abilities in the UFC, but don't make last night's win out to be anything significant.

His_Royness
12-30-2007, 03:11 PM
If u think Liddell only throws sloppy punches you are a bit retarded. He's surely not Roy Jones or anything but he is as fast or as accurate of a counterpuncher u can find in the whole MMA game. Plus he wasn't MUCH different in his prime.

mexican wedding shirt
12-30-2007, 04:04 PM
If u think Liddell only throws sloppy punches you are a bit retarded. He's surely not Roy Jones or anything but he is as fast or as . accurate of a counterpuncher u can find in the whole MMA game. Plus he wasn't MUCH different in his prime.

If you think Lidell throws anything but sloppy haymakers and a sloppy jab, you are ultra retarded.

Sure his punches are better than average in MMA, but that goes to show how low the standard is for hand techniques.

Although not great fighters, Gomi, Nick Diaz and Jens Pulver all have better punching technique than Chuck.

And who says he was different in his prime?

I'm saying Wandy was much different, not Chuck. Learn to read, filthy gerry.

His_Royness
12-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Learn to read, filthy gerry.

:lol: :lol: :cheer:

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Mexican Wedding Shirt is 100% correct. Wandy/Chuck last night was a pile of sh*t IMO. It was exciting for the drunks who like constant action but then again, even Butterbean provided this kind of entertainment in his ToughMan days. And Wanderlei is a shot fighter completely.
Chuck is the same piece of crap as what you saw in every other fight. Flawed sloppy technique, poor balance, crappy footwork, open for hundreds of counters. Just so happens Wanderlei at the same time has little ability on his feet to exploit these flaws.
Both these guys need to be retired from the sport. F*ck all the "Chuck is Back" BullSh*t! :lol:

His_Royness
12-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Mexican Wedding Shirt is 100% correct. Wandy/Chuck last night was a pile of sh*t IMO. It was exciting for the drunks who like constant action but then again, even Butterbean provided this kind of entertainment in his ToughMan days. And Wanderlei is a shot fighter completely.
Chuck is the same piece of crap as what you saw in every other fight. Flawed sloppy technique, poor balance, crappy footwork, open for hundreds of counters. Just so happens Wanderlei at the same time has little ability on his feet to exploit these flaws.
Both these guys need to be retired from the sport. F*ck all the "Chuck is Back" BullSh*t! :lol:

your really the king in mixing some valid points with complete and utter bullshit... :lol:

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 04:32 PM
your really the king in mixing some valid points with complete and utter bullshit... :lol:

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I know your a Chuck fanatic. I could care less about the guy.:dunno: Credit to him though, he's gotten far with his sloppy sh*t over 'wrestlers' for much of his career.:laughing:

His_Royness
12-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I know your a Chuck fanatic.

oh really... what's next? I'm a Matt Hughes groupie?? :lol:

Kaliber44
12-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Silva is shot,and guy shy but what did you expect coming off two BRUTAL knockouts..Still Silva showed way more balls and desire to win then Roid in Tarver III

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 04:43 PM
oh really... what's next? I'm a Matt Hughes groupie?? :lol:

:dunno: You can't act all surprised seeing how badly Silva had been destroyed in his last 2 fights. Chuck winning doesn't mean squat. This is a fight that should've happened 2 years ago.

His_Royness
12-30-2007, 04:55 PM
:dunno: You can't act all surprised seeing how badly Silva had been destroyed in his last 2 fights. Chuck winning doesn't mean squat. This is a fight that should've happened 2 years ago.

I'm not - Silva being shot to shit had all to do with Liddell looking pretty good. But then Chuck lost two in a row, too so they kind of fought on even terms.

Agreed to that fight being much more meaningful 2 years ago.

TFK
12-30-2007, 04:59 PM

Hanzy, you come off as one of those bitter Pride fans like you see on Sherdogwho can't accept the fact that Pride is dead and hate on all things UFC.

You don't have to like Liddell's style, but to deny him as one of MMA's most succesful fighters is just retarded.

TFK

Beyond the Grave
12-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Liddell vs Wand was a fight between two fighters who' s better days are behind them,there isn't a real future for either of them.I think this fight is just an excuse to keep one of there careers alive a little while longer.

Joe King
12-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Liddell vs Wand was a fight between two fighters who' s better days are behind them,there isn't a real future for either of them.I think this fight is just an excuse to keep one of there careers alive a little while longer.

Don't be surprised to see a Silva/Ortiz rematch. That would be Wanderlei's final cash out fight, unless he manages to beat Ortiz.

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Hanzy, you come off as one of those bitter Pride fans like you see on Sherdogwho can't accept the fact that Pride is dead and hate on all things UFC.

You don't have to like Liddell's style, but to deny him as one of MMA's most succesful fighters is just retarded.

TFK

Don't be absurd TFK. I rate the UFC fighters very highly. GSP, Hughes, Couture would all have done very well in Pride. Pride had its share of crap.
I'm just talking about Liddell himself. Not a bad fighter at all, he had the stuff that worked. He kicked ass in Pride too till he ran into Jackson at the GP 2003 tourny.

Hanzy
12-30-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm not - Silva being shot to shit had all to do with Liddell looking pretty good. But then Chuck lost two in a row, too so they kind of fought on even terms.

Agreed to that fight being much more meaningful 2 years ago.

Wanderlei's 2 losses were far more brutal than Chuck's 2 losses. There's no denying this. Wanderlei was LAID THE F*CK OUT by CroCop and Henderson. He was on his back with the doctors trying to revive him in a pool of his own blood. His career from then has been just a caricature of what it was. He's not a serious player today.

mexican wedding shirt
12-30-2007, 05:37 PM

I'm glad you have a fucking clue Hanzy :bears:

Azazel
12-30-2007, 05:55 PM
If you think Lidell throws anything but sloppy haymakers and a sloppy jab, you are ultra retarded.

Sure his punches are better than average in MMA, but that goes to show how low the standard is for hand techniques.

Although not great fighters, Gomi, Nick Diaz and Jens Pulver all have better punching technique than Chuck.

And who says he was different in his prime?

I'm saying Wandy was much different, not Chuck. Learn to read, filthy gerry.
Lol, Nick Diaz is awfull standing up, and LIddell is miles above Pulver too in the stand up departement. I thought liddell did looked better than vs Jardine, but his days are gone too. He won't be revelant for really long. But Silva is totaly done, the only thing he had left was balls, incredible how messed up his face is and he's only 31. And I just can't understand why he never went for the Thai clinch. But it was an awsome fight that Silva may had won with Pride rules ( with kicks allowed on the ground, Liddell may had been in big trouble when he was kd in the 2nd ).

His_Royness
12-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Lol, Nick Diaz is awfull standing up

yeah i was scratching my head in :eek: about this one, too...

didn't even reply to that because it caught me cold... :lol:

mexican wedding shirt
12-30-2007, 06:40 PM
OK maybe Diaz was a stretch, but certainly Gomi and Pulver are better punchers. Lidell's punching technique is only a step up from James "The Collossus" Thomson.

Cro Cop is (was) also a better puncher, as is Rampage and a few others.

And by the way Azazel - I'm not talking about overall standup. Obviously Chuck has a decent stand up game partly through good power, but mainly good takedown defense.

I'm talking PURELY punching technique.

TFK
12-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Don't be surprised to see a Silva/Ortiz rematch. That would be Wanderlei's final cash out fight, unless he manages to beat Ortiz.

I thought about that, and that's one fight I have zero interest in seeing. I think both Ortiz and Wandy should be matched up against younger, up and coming talent to see who's for real and who isn't.

To match them up against each other makes no sense to me.

TFK

Joe King
12-30-2007, 08:39 PM
To match them up against each other makes no sense to me.

TFK

But it will make dollars, so the fight will happen. I never said that it was a good matchup.

Trplsec
12-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, with age, skill and technical proficiency aside, Wandy and Chuck put on an exciting fight.

And make no mistake about it, when Chuck is in that kind of shape and has that level of focus, he can still be a handful for anyone at 205 lbs.

Sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy a fight like that without the "their both shot" mentality. Just enjoy the fight for what it was, a brutal stand-up slugfest.

Hanzy
12-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, with age, skill and technical proficiency aside, Wandy and Chuck put on an exciting fight.

And make no mistake about it, when Chuck is in that kind of shape and has that level of focus, he can still be a handful for anyone at 205 lbs.

Sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy a fight like that without the "their both shot" mentality. Just enjoy the fight for what it was, a brutal stand-up slugfest.

:lol: Yeah, it's always easy to say one is in shape when he wins, despite not looking any different in the fights he lost. Chuck is still the same fighter. Rampage would've murdered him again if they had fought saturday night, no matter what shape Chuck comes in.
Hell Chuck had no idea how to defend Jardine's body kicks. He just took the kicks and tried to throw his silly sloppy punches.
Chuck's a joke, his time is over. A win over a shot Wanderlei and now everybody is back on his jock.
It's like f*cking Mike Tyson getting raped by Lewis and then coming back and beating Etienne and all the Tyson fanatics are spouting sh*t like "Mike is Back, look how awesome he looked, what a KO, he's gonna win the title again!!!!"
Sorry bud, he's the same fighter as he always way, he just fought a guy who's even more sh*t than he is.

TFK
12-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Did Hanzy just compare Wanderlei Silva to Clifford Ettiene?

And yes, I know Wandy has seen better days. But at least he's had better days.

TFK

royyjonesjrp4pno1
12-31-2007, 03:35 PM

Round 1 was a feeling out process round 2 was very exciting but round 3 wasn't much. Chucks stamina is terribe still. He could have finished the fight but chose to run half way across the cage to look at the clock.

Joe Rogan again came across as an idiot. Wandy knocks Chuck down with a left right and Chuck was off balance. Then he says that Wandy throws wide punches and Chucks are straight.

ArturoGatti
12-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Round was a feeling out process round 2 was very exciting but round wasn't much. Chucks stamina uis terribe still. He could have finished the fight but chose to run half way across the cage to look at the clock.

Joe Rogan again came across as an idiot. Wandy knocks Chuck down with a left right and Chuck was off balance. Then he says that Wandy throws wide punches and Chucks are straight.YOU ARE DRUNK.

atomicdOGg34
12-31-2007, 07:25 PM
man, ill havfta post this highlight vid of wandy i got off sherdog a long time ago, back when wandy wasnt shot to hell, the man was absolutely merciless

great vid

FourHooks
12-31-2007, 07:29 PM
:lol: Yeah, it's always easy to say one is in shape when he wins, despite not looking any different in the fights he lost. \.:lol: agreed

Trplsec
12-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Round was a feeling out process round 2 was very exciting but round wasn't much. Chucks stamina uis terribe still. He could have finished the fight but chose to run half way across the cage to look at the clock.

Joe Rogan again came across as an idiot. Wandy knocks Chuck down with a left right and Chuck was off balance. Then he says that Wandy throws wide punches and Chucks are straight.

That comment absolutely sums Rogan up. I dig the guy's enthusiasm for the sport, but he IS an idiot.

FourHooks
12-31-2007, 08:38 PM
That comment absolutely sums Rogan up. I dig the guy's enthusiasm for the sport, but he IS an idiot.Chuck threw a nice jab, and some very sharp straight rights....

rewatch the fight before you comment back....everyone will be quick to talk about his big looping punches, but surprisingly, he did shoot quite a few down the middle against Wandy

Hanzy
12-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Did Hanzy just compare Wanderlei Silva to Clifford Ettiene?

And yes, I know Wandy has seen better days. But at least he's had better days.

TFK

I'm stating an example. As for Wanderlei, his 2 back to back brutal KO defeats to both CroCop and Henderson was the end for him.

Trplsec
01-01-2008, 03:41 AM
Chuck threw a nice jab, and some very sharp straight rights....

rewatch the fight before you comment back....everyone will be quick to talk about his big looping punches, but surprisingly, he did shoot quite a few down the middle against Wandy

Chuck did throw some straight right hands. But overall I thought Silva's punches were straighter, which is contrary to Rogan's commentary.

Chuck has an odd style where he actually throws somewhat straight punches from angles that make them arrive as if the were looped. If that makes any sense.

But in all seriousness, could Chuck pull back with his chin any more up in the air. I don't know how the hell he doesn't always get knocked out like he did against Jackson. He is always offering his chin.

Beyond the Grave
01-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Chuck did throw some straight right hands. But overall I thought Silva's punches were straighter, which is contrary to Rogan's commentary.

Chuck has an odd style where he actually throws somewhat straight punches from angles that make them arrive as if the were looped. If that makes any sense.

But in all seriousness, could Chuck pull back with his chin any more up in the air. I don't know how the hell he doesn't always get knocked out like he did against Jackson. He is always offering his chin.

Silva knocked him down with a right hand but for some reason didnt follow up with it.

TFK
01-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Silva knocked him down with a right hand but for some reason didnt follow up with it.

I think not being able to kick a downed opponent may have been why he didn't attack when he dropped Chuck. His first instinct was probably to go for a head kick, and when couldn't, he was momentarily lost, just long enough for Chuck to recover.

TFK

royyjonesjrp4pno1
01-01-2008, 03:08 PM
YOU ARE DRUNK.Nah i just can't spell.

royyjonesjrp4pno1
01-01-2008, 03:11 PM

But in all seriousness, could Chuck pull back with his chin any more up in the air. I don't know how the hell he doesn't always get knocked out like he did against Jackson. He is always offering his chin.He has a really strange punching style. His body type tells you what his punching style is. Shorter biceps makes a you a hooker instead of a straight puncher.

atomicdOGg34
01-01-2008, 08:42 PM
i remember the punch "technique" chuck was showing matt serra in TUF the comeback, i was laughing so hard because it was terrible

matt serra was like okay cool thanks than made this funny face like he couldnt even believe it

i really like the ring over the cage, and pride rules over UFC rules, cant use the cage as a weapon or for an advantage, makes the fighters use their skills alone, in pride rules, wandy prolly would have gone and stomped on chucks head after he KD him

FourHooks
01-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Chuck may be the worlds worst boxer, but his STRIKING technique really is good for mma....it allows him to move in and out of range quickly to avoid takedowns, and he creates weird angles to punch from

He has this thing he does where he dips down at his right hip, and he can either throw that looping over the top left hook, shoot his straight right hand (which is his best punch), loop the right, or throw a right head kick

Chuck is obviously not unbeatable, but he has found a stlye of fighting that has made him one of the most successful fighters in MMA history....Take a guy like Hamed or someone like that in boxing who had awkward style....It doesnt mean they arent good, it just means they do things differently...One of if not the best pure BOXER in MMA history was Vitor Belfort, and look what happened to him when he fought Chuck....Its because mma is not boxing

atomicdOGg34
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Chuck may be the worlds worst boxer, but his STRIKING technique really is good for mma....it allows him to move in and out of range quickly to avoid takedowns, and he creates weird angles to punch from

He has this thing he does where he dips down at his right hip, and he can either throw that looping over the top left hook, shoot his straight right hand (which is his best punch), loop the right, or throw a right head kick

Chuck is obviously not unbeatable, but he has found a stlye of fighting that has made him one of the most successful fighters in MMA history....Take a guy like Hamed or someone like that in boxing who had awkward style....It doesnt mean they arent good, it just means they do things differently...One of if not the best pure BOXER in MMA history was Vitor Belfort, and look what happened to him when he fought Chuck....Its because mma is not boxing

vitor was shit ever since he was on the roids, his best performance is when he absolutely lit wandy the fuck up in like 33 seconds

FourHooks
01-01-2008, 09:11 PM
vitor was shit ever since he was on the roids, his best performance is when he absolutely lit wandy the fuck up in like 33 secondsVitor was on roids since day one in UFC, and was on them until not very long ago....he was juiced against Wandy, he was juiced against Tank, he was juice against Chuck and Tito and Randy

atomicdOGg34
01-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Vitor was on roids since day one in UFC, and was on them until not very long ago....he was juiced against Wandy, he was juiced against Tank, he was juice against Chuck and Tito and Randy

i thought the wandy fight was after one of his losses, after he got off the juice, thought i heard that, could be wrong

FourHooks
01-01-2008, 09:20 PM
i thought the wandy fight was after one of his losses, after he got off the juice, thought i heard that, could be wronghttp://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=156

Vitor tested positive for roids not even a year ago

atomicdOGg34
01-01-2008, 09:23 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=156

Vitor tested positive for roids not even a year ago

i acquiesce

Hanzy
01-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Vitor is a complete roid monkey. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned from the sport.

Hanzy
01-01-2008, 09:38 PM

The best boxer at 205 is Rampage Jackson. And see what he did to Chuck twice. Even in the first fight, every exchange was won by Jackson. Funny thing is, Jackson doesn't even consider his own stand up as being that good.:lol:

FourHooks
01-01-2008, 09:49 PM
The best boxer at 205 is Rampage Jackson. And see what he did to Chuck twice. Even in the first fight, every exchange was won by Jackson. Funny thing is, Jackson doesn't even consider his own stand up as being that good.:lol:k....then see what wandy and shogun did to rampage...or see what Cro Cop and Chuck did to Wandy or what Forrest did to shogun, or what Jardine did to chuck or what Houston alexander did to Jardine, or what Thiago silva did to alexander....:doh:

:dunno:

Chuck is a terrible boxer, its a good thing he never tried his hand at the sport

royyjonesjrp4pno1
01-05-2008, 10:00 AM
i remember the punch "technique" chuck was showing matt serra in TUF the comeback, i was laughing so hard because it was terrible

matt serra was like okay cool thanks than made this funny face like he couldnt even believe it

i really like the ring over the cage, and pride rules over UFC rules, cant use the cage as a weapon or for an advantage, makes the fighters use their skills alone, in pride rules, wandy prolly would have gone and stomped on chucks head after he KD himI havn't seen that but i have seen Chuck hitting the heavybag. If i never knew who he was i would assume he just come off the street and was in the gym for the 1st time ever.

Beyond the Grave
01-05-2008, 05:13 PM

i really like the ring over the cage, and pride rules over UFC rules, cant use the cage as a weapon or for an advantage, makes the fighters use their skills alone, in pride rules, wandy prolly would have gone and stomped on chucks head after he KD him

PREACH!!! :bears: