PDA

View Full Version : Pavlik-Taylor II...FINAL PREDICTIONS...

REEDsART
02-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Let's Get it ON RECORD, for Future References...

WHO Wins & HOW???

REED:dunno:

steve_dave
02-15-2008, 02:25 PM
I think I like Pavlik early. Pavlik KO 3. I think he's going to be an animal at the higher weight, and Taylor will just be a guy who lost less weight coming in.

whiskey
02-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Pavlik KO 6

Orthodox Crusader
02-15-2008, 02:29 PM
The black guy.

Hex-One
02-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Taylor ko 5 Pavlik!

*Z*
02-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Pavlik by KO in the middle rounds. Somewhere between round 5 and 8. I could also see Pavlik winning early depending on how Taylor responds when he eats a right hand. It's Pavlik by KO either way though.

royyjonesjrp4pno1
02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Pavlik KO9

LATIN KING
02-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Pavlik KO 10

I think it will be similar to the first one as far as the action. I think Taylor will go at him early and give him a scare. I just think he won't have enough and Pavlik will stop him again.

REEDsART
02-15-2008, 04:11 PM
PAVLIK 5

Steve-Dave Pavlik KO 3
Whiskey Pavlik KO 6
Z Pavlik KO 5-8
RJJp4p Pavlik KO 9
Latin King Pavlik KO 10

TAYLOR 2

OrthoDUNCE The Black Guy :rolleyes:
Hex-One Taylor KO 5

ILLUMINATI
02-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Pavlik by KO 7

Orthodox Crusader
02-15-2008, 04:13 PM
The negro will prevail. God has granted standard issue Afro Athleticism Powers to Taylor this time, and not the bargain basement stuff he usually reserves for white folk. Lighting doesn't strike twice, not even white lightning.

REEDsART
02-15-2008, 04:19 PM
The negro will prevail. God has granted standard issue Afro Athleticism Powers to Taylor this time, and not the bargain basement stuff he usually reserves for white folk. Lighting doesn't strike twice, not even white lightning.N Case U Were Wondering, it's Posts like THIS that have Contributed to the DECLINE of Fightbeat...

It's as if U're 100% INCAPABLE of Posting ANYTHING w/Out SOME SORT of BULLSHIT Racial or Nationalistic Slant to it...

GROWthefuckUP, Dude...

REED:rolleyes:

Orthodox Crusader
02-15-2008, 04:21 PM
N Case U Were Wondering, it's Posts like THIS that have Contributed to the DECLINE of Fightbeat...

It's as if U're 100% INCAPABLE of Posting ANYTHING w/Out SOME SORT of BULLSHIT Racial or Nationalistic Slant to it...

GROWthefuckUP, Dude...

No. I won't. Not until I see from you the same standard you demand of others.

I have not dragged this place down, I have merely followed your lead.

You, and the "dawg".

Your own Afro-Centric, unrepentant bleatings are responsible for most of the sentiments I express. Why should I behave with any degree of maturity when you openly mock fighters and regard them as pieces of meat??

Erratic
02-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Pavlik KO 6.

I think he'll again land too many jabs and straight rights and it'll take its toll on Jermaine.

REEDsART
02-15-2008, 04:38 PM

You, and the "dawg".

Your own Afro-Centric, unrepentant bleatings are responsible for most of the sentiments I express. Why should I behave with any degree of maturity when you openly mock fighters and regard them as pieces of meat??:rolleyes:

The ONLY Time REED has Gotten Racial w/ANY Poster is when THEY INITIATED it...

So SPARE REED your "I'm Following your Lead", BULLSHIT...Again, GROWthefuckUP...This AIN'T Follow the Leader...This AIN'T High School...

If U Find REED's Postings "Afro Centric", that's a PERSONAL Fucking Problem...Until YOU Initiate Confrontation w/REED, his Postings NEVER Spill Over to the Point of Condemning Other Races...

@ Least Rubio ADMITS he's Trying to Tear Down the Site...U're an OPENLY RACIST Sack of SHIT that's toooooooo COWARDLY to Admit it or his M.O.

LOK
02-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Pavlik KO 5

meetthefeebles
02-15-2008, 05:06 PM
If the fight was at 160, I would predict (again) with absolute certainty that Pavlik will be KO-ing Taylor again.

As it is, there is the relative unknown of this fight being at the catch-weight of 166. It is impossible to predict how either fighter will be affected by this extra weight. Some elite MW's, especially those that rely less on finesse and more on raw power (Nigel Benn being the one which springs immediately to mind) struggle to carry the same 'pop' when burdened by the extra weight.

So it isn't exactly imprudent to wonder whether this will have an effect on Pavlik, whose principle weaponry is constant forward pressure behind a solid, hurtful and range-finding left jab followed by a ram-rod straight right.

For all of that, though, I would still be VERY surprised if Taylor prevails this time around. It is always very tough for a fighter to recover from being KTFO, especially when that fighter had been undefeated previously. The psychological effect is often very great. The confidence of being undefeated can add 10 - 15% to a guys performance, and often a good deal more than that can be taken once the '0' goes. Look at Lacy for example- whilst never exactly brilliant to start with he is now absolutely shot after the Calzaghe fight.

The only way Taylor can win the fight is if he tries again to take the fight to Kelly, just as he did early last time. Kelly has too much pressure and range in the left hand for Taylor to try and outbox him, and Jermaine will have been heartened by hurting Pavlik (as he showboated) in the second round last time. Zuniga also showed that Pavlik can be hurt when he is hit.

The problem is that this is EXACTLY the way Pavlik likes his opponents to fight. It's how Miranda fought and he ended up KTFO. It's how Taylor fought last time and he went the same way. And I expect this one to go much the same, maybe earlier, with Kelly prevailing after 6 rounds of crowd pleasing, brutal action.

Pavlik KO6.

MTF

(REED- add me to the Pavlik bandwagon please...)

D MAN
02-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Taylor by UD

REEDsART
02-15-2008, 05:56 PM
PAVLIK 9

Steve-Dave Pavlik KO 3
Whiskey Pavlik KO 6
Z Pavlik KO 5-8
RJJp4p Pavlik KO 9
Latin King Pavlik KO 10
Illuminati Pavlik KO 7
Erratic Pavlik KO 6
LOK Pavlik KO 5
Meet the Feebles Pavlik KO 6

TAYLOR 3

Hex-One Taylor KO 5
DMan Taylor by UD

Joe King
02-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Pavlik by TKO8.

SRR
02-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Pavlik by stoppage...MID ROUNDS!!!

ArturoGatti
02-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Pavlik by UD. Scores two knockdowns.

Antwuan Maxx
02-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Pavlik KO early to mid. :cool:

Ugotabe Kidding
02-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Pavlik by decision 115-113, 115-112, 116-112

Joe King
02-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Pavlik by decision 115-113, 115-112, 116-112

:eeeek: :eeeek: :eeeek: :eek:

You may be right about it going to the cards.

Double L
02-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Pavlik KO 11

TFK
02-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Pavlik by UD.

TFK

ArturoGatti
02-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Pavlik by UD.

TFK:bears:

Octopus
02-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Pavlik KO 7!

Erratic
02-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Former champ Trinidad could be Pavlik's next opponent

By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: February 15, 2008, 5:08 PM ET

LAS VEGAS -- Middleweight world champion Kelly Pavlik faces Jermain Taylor on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in their 166-pound non-title rematch, but his promoter, Top Rank's Bob Arum, is laying the groundwork for Pavlik's next fight.

It could come against former three-division champion Felix Trinidad on June 7 at New York's Madison Square Garden, Arum told ESPN.com on Friday.
Win or lose, Pavlik will remain middleweight champion and Arum is planning his first defense. The leading candidate remains popular rising contender "Irish" John Duddy, who is a big attraction in New York. But Arum said he has also spoken to Don King, Trinidad's promoter, about making Pavlik-Trinidad, which would take place the night before the annual Puerto Rican Day parade in New York.

"We've talked," Arum said. "Then King went down to Puerto Rico to meet with Trinidad last week. Then we spoke this week before he went to Germany and he said the meeting with the Trinidads went positively."
King is in Germany, where he has Sergei Liakhovich fighting Nikolai Valuev in a heavyweight elimination fight on Saturday night. Arum said he and King will meet face-to-face in New York next Friday to further discuss the bout.
Trinidad, an icon in Puerto Rico with a tremendous following in New York, is coming off a decision loss to Roy Jones on Jan. 19, but the former three-division champion looked good in a bout fought at 170 pounds, 10 pounds heavier than Trinidad had ever fought at before.

For the past few years, Arum has had Miguel Cotto, his Puerto Rican star, headline on the Puerto Rican Day parade weekend. But this year, Cotto is scheduled to fight Alfonso Gomez on April 12 and the turnaround to June 7 is too quick.

Arum plans to keep the date at Madison Square Garden and put Pavlik in the headline fight with an undercard built around some of his Puerto Rican fighters, such as junior flyweight champion Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon and junior featherweight contender Juan Manuel Lopez.

Arum is coming to New York next week to watch Duddy fight on the undercard of next Saturday's Wladimir Klitschko-Sultan Ibragimov undercard at the Garden.

Arum said Pavlik-Duddy would be an HBO fight, possibly with middleweight titlist Arthur Abraham on the undercard to give him exposure ahead of a possible fall fight with Pavlik. Abraham's next defense, announced Friday, will come March 29 in Kiel, Germany, against Elvin Ayala, who is coming off a draw with first-season "Contender" winner Sergio Mora.

Pavlik-Trinidad would be an HBO PPV fight, Arum said.

There is concern about whether Trinidad can make 160 pounds. He struggled to make 170 for Jones. But Arum said the fight would have to be at 160.
Pavlik is unaware of the discussions, Arum said, but Top Rank's matchmakers and Pavlik's manager, Cameron Dunkin, are aware of the talks and like the match.

"If Trinidad can make that weight and provided the [revenue] split is right, we would love to make the fight," Arum said. "But I won't know for sure until I meet with King."

dsimon3387
02-15-2008, 06:25 PM
dsimon writes:

Its hard to see this fight being different for any particular reason from the first fight. My only reservation is that whether either guy says it or not more caution will prevail upon both of them. I watched the fight again (something I seldom do) and let me just say that both guys were hit with and delivered monster shots. This tells me that naturally neither guy wants to get hit like that again, unlsee they have to.

Taylor is strong enough to last this time.

For those who don't want to read through my drivel: unanimous decision for Pavlik. Taylor will have no moments but he will have the virtue of lasting it out.

REEDsART
02-15-2008, 06:33 PM
PAVLIK 18

Steve-Dave Pavlik KO 3
Whiskey Pavlik KO 6
Z Pavlik KO 5-8
RJJp4p Pavlik KO 9
Latin King Pavlik KO 10
Illuminati Pavlik KO 7
Erratic Pavlik KO 6
LOK Pavlik KO 5
Joe King Pavlik TKO 8
SRR Pavlik by Stoppage, Mid Rounds
Gatti Pavlik by UD, 2 Knockdowns
Antwuan Maxx Pavlik by KO Early to Mid
Ugo Pavlik by Decision, 115-113, 115-112, 116-112
Double L Pavlik KO 11
TFK Pavlik by UD
Octopus Pavlik KO 7
DSimon Pavlik UD

TAYLOR 3

Hex-One Taylor KO 5
DMan Taylor by UD

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

REEDsART
02-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Former champ Trinidad could be Pavlik's next opponent

By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: February 15, 2008, 5:08 PM ET

LAS VEGAS -- Middleweight world champion Kelly Pavlik faces Jermain Taylor on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in their 166-pound non-title rematch, but his promoter, Top Rank's Bob Arum, is laying the groundwork for Pavlik's next fight.

It could come against former three-division champion Felix Trinidad on June 7 at New York's Madison Square Garden, Arum told ESPN.com on Friday.
Win or lose, Pavlik will remain middleweight champion and Arum is planning his first defense. The leading candidate remains popular rising contender "Irish" John Duddy, who is a big attraction in New York. But Arum said he has also spoken to Don King, Trinidad's promoter, about making Pavlik-Trinidad, which would take place the night before the annual Puerto Rican Day parade in New York.

"We've talked," Arum said. "Then King went down to Puerto Rico to meet with Trinidad last week. Then we spoke this week before he went to Germany and he said the meeting with the Trinidads went positively."
King is in Germany, where he has Sergei Liakhovich fighting Nikolai Valuev in a heavyweight elimination fight on Saturday night. Arum said he and King will meet face-to-face in New York next Friday to further discuss the bout.
Trinidad, an icon in Puerto Rico with a tremendous following in New York, is coming off a decision loss to Roy Jones on Jan. 19, but the former three-division champion looked good in a bout fought at 170 pounds, 10 pounds heavier than Trinidad had ever fought at before.

For the past few years, Arum has had Miguel Cotto, his Puerto Rican star, headline on the Puerto Rican Day parade weekend. But this year, Cotto is scheduled to fight Alfonso Gomez on April 12 and the turnaround to June 7 is too quick.

Arum plans to keep the date at Madison Square Garden and put Pavlik in the headline fight with an undercard built around some of his Puerto Rican fighters, such as junior flyweight champion Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon and junior featherweight contender Juan Manuel Lopez.

Arum is coming to New York next week to watch Duddy fight on the undercard of next Saturday's Wladimir Klitschko-Sultan Ibragimov undercard at the Garden.

Arum said Pavlik-Duddy would be an HBO fight, possibly with middleweight titlist Arthur Abraham on the undercard to give him exposure ahead of a possible fall fight with Pavlik. Abraham's next defense, announced Friday, will come March 29 in Kiel, Germany, against Elvin Ayala, who is coming off a draw with first-season "Contender" winner Sergio Mora.

Pavlik-Trinidad would be an HBO PPV fight, Arum said.

There is concern about whether Trinidad can make 160 pounds. He struggled to make 170 for Jones. But Arum said the fight would have to be at 160.
Pavlik is unaware of the discussions, Arum said, but Top Rank's matchmakers and Pavlik's manager, Cameron Dunkin, are aware of the talks and like the match.

"If Trinidad can make that weight and provided the [revenue] split is right, we would love to make the fight," Arum said. "But I won't know for sure until I meet with King."REED would Looooooooooove to See this Fight but WON'T Hold his Breath Waiting for it...

if, If, IF Tito can Even Make 160 Somebody's Gonna have to THEN CONVINCE Arum that Pavlik DOESN'T Deserver Parity, which he Clearly Doesn't...Arum's ALREADY Talking about the Split, as if Pavlik is N ANY Position to Call Shots to Tito N MSG on the Weekend of the Rican Parade:rolleyes: ...

Either Way, it Would B the LARGEST Payday Pavlik's EVER Gotten, so Hopefully Arum WON'T Fuck it Up by Bitching about the Split...

REED:cool:

Erratic
02-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Both Pavlik and Taylor weighed 164.

whiskey
02-15-2008, 06:41 PM
REED would Looooooooooove to See this Fight but WON'T Hold his Breath Waiting for it...

if, If, IF Tito can Even Make 160 Somebody's Gonna have to THEN CONVINCE Arum that Pavlik DOESN'T Deserver Parity, which he Clearly Doesn't...Arum's ALREADY Talking about the Split, as if Pavlik is N ANY Position to Call Shots to Tito N MSG on the Weekend of the Rican Parade:rolleyes: ...

Either Way, it Would B the LARGEST Payday Pavlik's EVER Gotten, so Hopefully Arum WON'T Fuck it Up by Bitching about the Split...

I don't that would be a problem. If Roy took a lower percentage i'm sure Pavlik would, even if Arum would try for parity.

whiskey
02-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Renowned artist Richard T. Slone was commissioned to paint the official Pavlik vs Taylor II boxing artwork (pictured above), which is featured on the cover of the official program at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

http://www.fightnews.com/pavlik_slone.jpg

*Z*
02-15-2008, 07:03 PM
REED would Looooooooooove to See this Fight but WON'T Hold his Breath Waiting for it...

Tito hasn't done anything in the past 3 years to deserve the lions share of the purse with the champ. Pavlik should be insulted if they offer him less than parity. Tito should have to actually earn his shot anyway. He's a non factor in the sport right now.

Erratic
02-15-2008, 07:09 PM
<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3248305"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3248305" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

Erratic
02-15-2008, 07:27 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080215/i/r1796129613.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080215/i/r2474557876.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080215/capt.ddae0ff802f24eee9e587956472f161d.pavlik_taylo r_boxing_nvjh105.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080215/i/r835638851.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080215/i/r2122474992.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080215/capt.11d0c70f96b74728a2cd3df3b3df8b6e.pavlik_taylo r_boxing_nvjh103.jpg

steve_dave
02-15-2008, 07:34 PM
<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3248305"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3248305" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

Both guys look good.

az cat
02-15-2008, 08:34 PM
To me, Taylor doesn't strike me as the type that will fold next time he gets hit just because he got his chin cracked. If he were that way, I don't think he would have rushed into the rematch-- especially when its not even a title fight. He had every excuse to wait a while, but he chose to go right back in there.

Every time I watch the first fight, I am reminded about how WELL Taylor fought. That leads me to think he can do it again, even if for just stretches of time, against Pavlik in the rematch.

"However," the other side of the argument is that Pavlik beat a VERY GOOD version of Taylor-- the best Jermain we had seen in quite a while. And he beat him convincingly.

I don't see why so many people are giving Taylor ZERO chance to win this fight. And that fact alone makes me want to look for reasons to officially pick him myself. But I can't do it.

I think the fight will be a lot more competitive than most, but Pavlik just has too much for Taylor IMO. I think Kelly will be frustrated at times in there, because Taylor is not going to go away easy. And Taylor CAN once again exploit some advantages that he has over Kelly. I think he'll do that.

I expect Pavlik to win a decision, in a closer, sort of "moral victory" style against Taylor-- maybe along the lines of MAB-Pacquio II (only a little closer on the cards) or Tarver-Jones III. It's going to be the type of fight where we wait all night for Taylor to fold, only he doesn't fold and he actually acquits himself alright.

He won't win, but he won't get put to sleep either.

Pavlik 116-112 over Taylor

Hex-One
02-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Taylor looks in GREAT SHAPE!

ArturoGatti
02-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Both guys look good.:eek:

:laughing: @ "ghost" written on Pavlik's boxers.

Joe King
02-15-2008, 09:24 PM
I like that both weighed in at 164.:bears:

James68
02-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Same prediction as a few months ago.....Pavlik KO6.

Roll With The Punches
02-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Pavlik in the mid rounds....7

Taylor won't escape the right hand

if Taylor hurts Pavlik there'll be less chance that he'll take him out in this fight...as he'll be conscious of expending too much energy like he did the first time round

ArturoGatti
02-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Pavlik in the mid rounds....7

Taylor won't escape the right hand

if Taylor hurts Pavlik there'll be less chance that he'll take him out in this fight...as he'll be conscious of expending too much energy like he did the first time round:lol:

Rabid Kimba
02-15-2008, 11:10 PM
The Ghost by UD.

:popcorn:

Beyond the Grave
02-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Pavlik by 9th rd TKO

Taylor is who he is.I think he's peeked as a fighter and its going to be the same result.....except Pavlick won't stick his chin out for Taylor lol

Roll With The Punches
02-15-2008, 11:34 PM
:lol:

:dunno:

:notallthere: :notallthere: :notallthere:

Xplosive
02-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Pavlik by 9th rd TKO

Taylor is who he is.I think he's peeked as a fighter and its going to be the same result.....except Pavlick won't stick his chin out for Taylor lol

Is that Meagan GoodNESS in your avatar?

bigdawg
02-16-2008, 12:35 AM

You, and the "dawg".

Your own Afro-Centric, unrepentant bleatings are responsible for most of the sentiments I express. Why should I behave with any degree of maturity when you openly mock fighters and regard them as pieces of meat??

Dude you have some serious personal issues with race that you need to work out. I honestly can't understand why? To be honest you need to post at eastside where your types can talk that bullshit. How the fuck can a bitch like you allow other people to control you. Are you that fuking weak. I'll Holla 5000

bigdawg
02-16-2008, 12:37 AM
By the way I got Pavlik by early stoppage. I'll Holla 5000

Bob N. Weave
02-16-2008, 01:21 AM
Pavlik KO5

Bob N. Weave
02-16-2008, 01:26 AM
Dude you have some serious personal issues with race that you need to work out. I honestly can't understand why? To be honest you need to post at eastside where your types can talk that bullshit. How the fuck can a bitch like you allow other people to control you. Are you that fuking weak. I'll Holla 5000

Maybe if we ignore him he will go away. LOL, wishful thinking. Most of us just dismiss his posts as biased trash anyways.

ArturoGatti
02-16-2008, 02:07 AM

:notallthere: :notallthere: :notallthere:as he'll be conscious of expending too much energy like he did the first time round

it was funny.

Xplosive
02-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Pavlik KO 6.

Beyond the Grave
02-16-2008, 07:05 AM
Is that Meagan GoodNESS in your avatar?

Yep.

TysonFan4Ever
02-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Taylor ko 4

Attraction
02-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Maybe if we ignore him he will go away. LOL, wishful thinking. Most of us just dismiss his posts as biased trash anyways.

indeed he is a very poor poster. should be banned imo.

KaukipRrr
02-16-2008, 12:01 PM
I'll take Jermaine "Tom-buster" Taylor, the reigning Lightheavyweight champion, by unanimous decision :cool:.

ArturoGatti
02-16-2008, 12:05 PM
I'll take Jermaine "Tom-buster" Taylor, the reigning Lightheavyweight champion, by unanimous decision :cool:.:lol:

Xplosive
02-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Yep.

I'd toss her salad.

bigdawg
02-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Pavlik by 9th rd TKO

I agree with this post 100%. Taylor has peeked. There is nothing new he can bring to the table. Therefore he gets put to sleep. I'll Holla 5000

ArturoGatti
02-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I'd toss her salad.:doh:

KaukipRrr
02-16-2008, 12:36 PM
I'd toss her salad.

You can have it after Jermaine's banged and bruised it up a little bit, and made it all 'soft and warm' for ya,...:crafty: dig in.

Xplosive
02-16-2008, 12:40 PM
I agree with this post 100%. Taylor has peeked. There is nothing new he can bring to the table. Therefore he gets put to sleep. I'll Holla 5000

WTF are you talking about Dawg? Taylor brings his great jab and skills to the table. Everyone knows he's a better boxer than Pavlik.:rolleyes:

When it all comes down to it the ONLY thing Taylor has over Kelly is handspeed. Thats IT! Kelly is stronger, more powerful, has a better jab, better technical skills, better arsenal, better recovery powers, better brain, the list goes on and on. All those giving Taylor a chance thinking Jermain can come back and outbox Kelly are in for a rude awakening. Taylor's only chance is try and do exactly what he did the first time... jump on Pavlik early and hope for the best. If he tries to box him he'll DEFINITELY get caught, cause Jermain is too clumsy and unskilled to box 12 disiplined rounds. And those acting like Ozell Nelson is gonna make some differance:rolleyes: that old man is the one who taught Taylor these bad habits in the first place.

Jermain's getting owned tonight, of this I have NO doubt.

Xplosive
02-16-2008, 12:43 PM
You can have it after Jermaine's banged and bruised it up a little bit, and made it all 'soft and warm' for ya,...:crafty: dig in.

Your obsession with Jermain is disturbing enough. Now you talking about him banging things has me TRULY worried about your sexual orientation.:doh:

ArturoGatti
02-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Your obsession with Jermain is disturbing enough. Now you talking about him banging things has me TRULY worried about your sexual orientation.:doh:why would you be worried about his sexual orientation? :dunno:

KaukipRrr
02-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Your obsession with Jermain is disturbing enough. Now you talking about him banging things has me TRULY worried about your sexual orientation.:doh:

Sorry, my mistake, Jermaine aint bangin' it.

Jermaine AND Margarito are bangin it at the same time, they're double dipping..and your waitin' on a chair starkers, weeping, knowing your going to have to thrust something up that crusty gaul when they're done, :crafty: , my god it would be a steaming, slimey, mess, and if your not up for it, you aint gettin' paid, and the rents due, and you've got a baby on the way, and you're also starving :crafty: .

Xplosive
02-16-2008, 12:56 PM

Jermaine AND Margarito are bangin it at the same time, they're double dipping..and your waitin' on a chair starkers, weeping, knowing your going to have to thrust something up that crusty gaul when they're done, :crafty: , my god it would be a steaming, slimey, mess, and if your not up for it, you aint gettin' paid, and the rents due, and you've got a baby on the way, and you're also starving :crafty: .

Your a sick fuck! And when you type like that regarding Taylor & Margarita, just make sure you dont get anything on your screen.

Tyler Durden
02-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Team Huckabee is going to make all you doubters eat your words :cheer:

Neil
02-16-2008, 04:12 PM
pain. for jermain. a-gain.

bigdawg
02-16-2008, 04:26 PM
WTF are you talking about Dawg? Taylor brings his great jab and skills to the table. Everyone knows he's a better boxer than Pavlik.:rolleyes:

When it all comes down to it the ONLY thing Taylor has over Kelly is handspeed. Thats IT! Kelly is stronger, more powerful, has a better jab, better technical skills, better arsenal, better recovery powers, better brain, the list goes on and on. All those giving Taylor a chance thinking Jermain can come back and outbox Kelly are in for a rude awakening. Taylor's only chance is try and do exactly what he did the first time... jump on Pavlik early and hope for the best. If he tries to box him he'll DEFINITELY get caught, cause Jermain is too clumsy and unskilled to box 12 disiplined rounds. And those acting like Ozell Nelson is gonna make some differance:rolleyes: that old man is the one who taught Taylor these bad habits in the first place.

Jermain's getting owned tonight, of this I have NO doubt.

X,

That's what kills me with Taylor. So many claim how athletic he is. I'm surprised he can walk and chew bubble gum. But like you have mentioned he lacks in the skill department and it will cost him big time tonight. Unless Pavlik walks into something he does not see. I'll Holla 5000

bigdawg
02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Quick question. If Taylor makes it a great fight and he finishes the fight on his feet what will that do for his career? I'll Holla 5000

Tam Tam
02-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Quick question. If Taylor makes it a great fight and he finishes the fight on his feet what will that do for his career? I'll Holla 5000
Probably shorten it.

dsimon3387
02-16-2008, 04:54 PM

dsimon writes:

Taylor is strong as shit and might well be able to last the fight on his strength and will. What it would do for his career is allow him to fight guys his own size and allow him to move up weight wise. If he can stay together and lose to Kelley respectfully then he can fight guys at middle weight and anywhere up to cruiser, instead of fighting smaller guys who will not chin check him.

Taylor's physical strength being what it is he should be able to fight Tarver and JOhnson and other guys in the higher division who are a little slower. Ths is a weak division when you get past Calzighe and B-hops so he could be competative in this division. Remember Dawg Calzighe and Hops won't be around that much longer.

In conclusion, in a weak division Taylor could thrive.

Xplosive
02-16-2008, 04:58 PM

Earn him alot of respect, even from me. But like Tam said, it wont be too good for him physically, as he'll take hella punishment.

mexican wedding shirt
02-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Pav Tav KO 5

mexican wedding shirt
02-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Earn him alot of respect, even from me. But like Tam said, it wont be too good for him physically, as he'll take hella punishment.

Fucking hell, even from you? What more could one ask for? :lol:

Erratic
02-16-2008, 06:11 PM

I'd still hit it.

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v157/hot7boy/Blackplanet/meagangood.jpg

IMDAZED
02-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Pavlik KO11 Taylor

The biggest surprise in their first bout was Taylor not only outboxing Pavlik in spots but that he hurt him bad and dropped him. I expected Pavlik to steamroll him. He did, but not without a fight and one major bump on the road.

I like Taylor's mentality for this rematch and I'm sure - physically - he'll be at his best. And while his chin may not hold up, he'll be right there; he went after Hopkins early on in the rematch despite ending their first encounter taking a beating. But it's hard to pick against "The Ghost," a fighter on the cusp of superstardom. Tonight, he can crossover--and solidify himself as a top five p4p'er with a stranglehold on the middleweight division. Smart money says he'll do it in another Fight of the Year candidate.

cpa5oh
02-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Taylor, KO round 4...

...and the board will start talking about Pavlik maybe being a flash in the pan in the coming weeks (which is ridiculous.)

Tam Tam
02-16-2008, 07:08 PM
WIn or lose, Pavlik is no top flight P4P fighter. Not yet.

Erratic
02-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Taylor, KO round 4...

...and the board will start talking about Pavlik maybe being a flash in the pan in the coming weeks (which is ridiculous.)

Hey, which section of the CPA test is the hardest and which is easiest?

I would've PM'd you but you disabled it.

TexMex
02-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Pavlik wins by ko rnd 10

mikE
02-16-2008, 07:25 PM
pavlik clear UD.
Taylor shells up after getting hurt.

D MAN
02-16-2008, 07:30 PM
WIn or lose, Pavlik is no top flight P4P fighter. Not yet.

No doubt

Right now his size is his best weapon. He's a good boxer, but not somebody I would think of as being p4p by any means.

valdosta
02-16-2008, 07:33 PM
He's the undefeated MW champion of the world. He was actually able to beat Taylor decisively which nobody else was able to do (including 1 guy who is high on most lists). If he wins again he is easily top 10, hell he's top 10 coming into this fight IMO. Then again he's not flashy enough for some people.

Tam Tam
02-16-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't give a shit what title he holds. He's not that impressive as a fighter, nor is his resume that of a P4Per either. If you think two decent wins makes you a P4P fighter in this day and age, then you must not think a great deal of the sport in the first place.

Taylor was never a great fighter, or true P4P entrant either.

It just goes to show you how little importance should be placed upon this no worthless title. Kelly Pavlik, P4P fighter? Ugh. P4P is dead.

valdosta
02-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Actually the fact that he has beaten everyone conclusively means something to me. The fact that he beat taylor who guys like Hopkins and Wright couldn't, also means something. The Miranda win was pretty good as well. I can't list 10 fighters who are better than Pavlik. Top 5? No. Top 10? Easily.

Double L
02-16-2008, 07:42 PM
taylor should go back to fighting junior middle-weights (at 160), with the occasional over-the-hill legemd thrown in to fool us all that he's a great fighter.

Bunema, Primera, Maarquez ... Taylor beat all those guys with no problem.

Tam Tam
02-16-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm glad it means something to you. It would want to if you wanna rank him amongst the true elite in the sport. It means more to me that he's fought TWO decent fighters in his entire career. He's won them both and impressively. Perhaps down the line, this guy becomes what you see him as now.

Two fights will NEVER get a fighter the kind of respect you seem so willingly to throw out there.

Taylor arguably lost to Hopkins and Wright. Regardless, those were TAYLOR'S fights, not Pavilk's. I guess this is another Mayweather thing. Beat fighter A, who's beaten C, D and E and you take their resume as well? :rolleyes:

bigdawg
02-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Something else I would like to add. Why in the hell did this fight take place at 166. Both guys made weight with ease. To me it appears that no one has the strength advantage as far as the extra weight when both guys come in way below the limit. I'm confused on Taylor's part as to why the extra 4 pounds. I mean if I was asking for a fight at an higher weight class I damn sure would have come in closer to 166 then anything else. Just my observation. I'll Holla 5000

valdosta
02-16-2008, 07:48 PM
So what 10 fighters do you rank ahead of him?

Tam Tam
02-16-2008, 07:53 PM
So what 10 fighters do you rank ahead of him?
I've already told you, P4P has absolutely no relevance today. It's so watered down and it's become simply a way to prop up fighters you either like, or have the glossiest records.

A guy like Pavlik should never be thought of a P4P fighter @ 169, because it's his sheer size and freak ability to weigh 160, that allows him to succeed there. I'd like to see how he fares against fighters his own size before I'd pass judgement on him.

Mayweather, Cotto, Calzaghe, Pacquiao, JMM, Wlad, Wright, Hopkins, Mosley, Diaz, Vasquez, Calderon...these are all fighters whom I think are not only "better" than Pavlik, but they've also either been in more tough contests over a longer period of time (hence, proven their worth) or have shown that size matters little with them.

Double L
02-16-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm glad it means something to you. It would want to if you wanna rank him amongst the true elite in the sport. It means more to me that he's fought TWO decent fighters in his entire career. He's won them both and impressively. Perhaps down the line, this guy becomes what you see him as now.

Two fights will NEVER get a fighter the kind of respect you seem so willingly to throw out there.

Taylor arguably lost to Hopkins and Wright. Regardless, those were TAYLOR'S fights, not Pavilk's. I guess this is another Mayweather thing. Beat fighter A, who's beaten C, D and E and you take their resume as well? :rolleyes:

u tslkin to me willis?

Tam Tam
02-16-2008, 07:56 PM
u tslkin to me willis?
Don't flatter yourself.

Donnybrook
02-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Pavlik TKO 10 in a great fight...I expect swings in momentum this time (vs. the first fight which seemed to have an inevitability around it almost the whole time after round 2).

Montiel SD Castillo.

Mijares close UD Navarro.

Peace.

Double L
02-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Don't flatter yourself.

flatter myself? :laughing: if you do address me it's in a prickish manner and hardly something i welcome or look forward to.

valdosta
02-16-2008, 08:05 PM
I've already told you, P4P has absolutely no relevance today. It's so watered down and it's become simply a way to prop up fighters you either like, or have the glossiest records.

A guy like Pavlik should never be thought of a P4P fighter @ 169, because it's his sheer size and freak ability to weigh 160, that allows him to succeed there. I'd like to see how he fares against fighters his own size before I'd pass judgement on him.

Mayweather, Cotto, Calzaghe, Pacquiao, JMM, Wlad, Wright, Hopkins, Mosley, Diaz, Vasquez, Calderon...these are all fighters whom I think are not only "better" than Pavlik, but they've also either been in more tough contests over a longer period of time (hence, proven their worth) or have shown that size matters little with them.

So you talk about a guy using his size and then list Wlad? A guy who has been KO'ed a few times despite being bigger than everyopne he fights. Diaz? Juan? based on what exctly? He's a bigger bum beater than Pavlik was for most of his career. I was hoping you would list him though because there's no basis for it. I don't agree with Mosley or Wright either but I guess they are borderline.

broadwayjoe
02-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Pavlik by TKO6

Tam Tam
02-16-2008, 08:09 PM
So you talk about a guy using his size and then list Wlad? A guy who has been KO'ed a few times despite being bigger than everyopne he fights. Diaz? Juan? based on what exctly? He's a bigger bum beater than Pavlik was for most of his career. I was hoping you would list him though because there's no basis for it. I don't agree with Mosley or Wright either but I guess they are borderline.
When Pavlik has been around as long as Wlad and has flashed the kinds of uncommon skills for his size and weight that Klitschko has, I might re-asses Pavlik and place him in this company as well.

I expect Pavlik to have suffered as many defeats as Wlad by a similar point in their career, as well.

valdosta
02-16-2008, 08:12 PM
When Pavlik has been around as long as Wlad and has flashed the kinds of uncommon skills for his size and weight that Klitschko has, I might re-asses Pavlik and place him in this company as well.

I expect Pavlik to have suffered as many defeats as Wlad by a similar point in their career, as well.

If he continues fighting the best guys in those weight classes of course he will. Wlad lost by KO brutally to 3 guys he was supposed to beat. Not just supposed to beat, he was a HUGE fav in all 3 fights. it would have been like Pavlik losing to Zuniga (actually that's not even as bad). :lol:

Tam Tam
02-16-2008, 08:15 PM
If he continues fighting the best guys in those weight classes of course he will. Wlad lost by KO brutally to 3 guys he was supposed to beat. Not just supposed to beat, he was a HUGE fav in all 3 fights. it would have been like Pavlik losing to Zuniga. :lol:
:lol: Duddy? Tito? Come on. Pavlik is on his way to faggotry and you know it. He's got the right kind of promoter to make it happen as well.

It wouldn't have been like that at all, because Wlad was an elite fighter. Palvik was just some unproven, untested prospect, fighting a bum with a punch. Wlad losing was horrible. I'm hardly saying it's not. But this isn't about who's career has been better or any of that; it's about who's the better fighter. Wlad's proven hsi worth since those defeats, IMO. Just like Lewis, Wlad has improved through his KO losses.

I guess Pavlik was better than Lewis too? :doh:

valdosta
02-16-2008, 08:19 PM
:lol: Duddy? Tito? Come on. Pavlik is on his way to faggotry and you know it. He's got the right kind of promoter to make it happen as well.

It wouldn't have been like that at all, because Wlad was an elite fighter. Palvik was just some unproven, untested prospect, fighting a bum with a punch. Wlad losing was horrible. I'm hardly saying it's not. But this isn't about who's career has been better or any of that; it's about who's the better fighter. Wlad's proven hsi worth since those defeats, IMO. Just like Lewis, Wlad has improved through his KO losses.

I guess Pavlik was better than Lewis too? :doh:

Lewis avenged his defeats, Wlad only avenged 1 over a shot Brewster. Wlad being a good fighter to me is because of his size (he's not elite). Nothing more or less. You mentioned Pavlik's size in downgrading him but the truth is Wlad has a good size advantage over about everyone he fights and he's still been KTFO 3 times and down countless others. Pavlik is a better fighter than Wlad.

REEDsART
02-16-2008, 09:21 PM
PAVLIK 33

Steve-Dave Pavlik KO 3
Whiskey Pavlik KO 6
Z Pavlik KO 5-8
RJJp4p Pavlik KO 9
Latin King Pavlik KO 10
Illuminati Pavlik KO 7
Erratic Pavlik KO 6
LOK Pavlik KO 5
Joe King Pavlik TKO 8
SRR Pavlik by Stoppage, Mid Rounds
Gatti Pavlik by UD, 2 Knockdowns
Antwuan Maxx Pavlik by KO Early to Mid
Ugo Pavlik by Decision, 115-113, 115-112, 116-112
Double L Pavlik KO 11
TFK Pavlik by UD
Octopus Pavlik KO 7
DSimon Pavlik UD
Az Cat Pavlik 116-112
James 68 Pavlik KO 6
Roll w/the Punches Pavlik mid Rounds...7
Rabid Kimba Pavlik UD
Beyond the Grave Pavlik TKO 9
BigDawg Pavlik Early TKO
Bob N Weave Pavlik KO 5
Mike Pavlik UD
XPlosive Pavlik KO 6
Neil Pain. For Jermain
Mexican Wedding Shirt Pavlik KO 5
Imdazed Pavlik KO 11
TexMex Pavlik KO 10
Donnybrook Pavlik KO 10
Broadway Joe Pavlik TKO 6

TAYLOR 6

Hex-One Taylor KO 5
DMan Taylor by UD
TysonFan Taylor KO 4
Kaukiprrr Taylor UD
cpa5oh Taylor KO 4

mikE
02-16-2008, 09:53 PM
indeed he [Orthodox Crusader] is a very poor poster. should be banned imo.

He's an above-average poster when it comes to recognizing the typical bullshit flag-waving biased crap that many American fans are guilty of.

The faux-racist crap he posts is pretty transparent and easy enough to ignore, imo.

LOK
02-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Pavik is going to pugilistically sodomize Taylor

mikE
02-16-2008, 10:11 PM

I think most would agree about Calderon, but imo if they weighed the same, Pavlik would beat the living shit out of him. He'd be a lot taller, throw just as many punches, and punch so much harder it wouldn't be close. It would be like Cazares if Cazares hit harder and was a far better boxer.

KaukipRrr
02-16-2008, 10:18 PM
He's an above-average poster when it comes to recognizing the typical bullshit flag-waving biased crap that many American fans are guilty of.

The feaux-racist crap he posts is pretty transparent and easy enough to ignore, imo.

Agreed completely :bears: .

jaws1216
02-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Pavlik by KO

Black Market Baby
02-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Pavlik by KO in the 8th.

Rabid Kimba
02-16-2008, 11:03 PM
I'd still hit it.

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v157/hot7boy/Blackplanet/meagangood.jpg

Where are her calves at?

Explosivo
02-16-2008, 11:26 PM
I know this is a late pick. But I have a hunch that Taylor is gonna be hungrier and more focused than Pavlik tonight.......just as the opposite was true the last time they fought.

Kelley seems to have a good jaw/recuperative powers.....so I take Taylor by decision, with Pavlik being dropped twice.

ArturoGatti
02-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Gatti Pavlik by UD, -----------------------

:bears:

Joe King
02-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Ugotabe Kidding actually had very similar scores to the actual result!:eeeek:

Ugotabe Kidding
02-17-2008, 06:44 AM
Ugotabe Kidding actually had very similar scores to the actual result!:eeeek:

He is the most knowledgeable poster around I think

ArturoGatti