PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar vs Fedor

Rainmaker
07-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Who wins and why? We had this discussion before. But Fedor has lost his last match and Brock won his final match. Perhaps the Russian is on the decline.

Godfather
07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Fedor by armbar after a 35 unanswered punches.

TLC
07-09-2010, 07:34 PM
What does it matter? You may as well make a Royce Gracie vs BJ Penn topic..

BOSS
07-09-2010, 08:19 PM
If Brock is stupid and stands with Fedor he get's KO'ed fast. If he's smart he goes for the take down which he would undoubtedly score (rather easily too) from there he would have to smother Fedor and g&p ala Mir 2. Having said that I think Brock fights a smart fight and goes for a takedown rather quickly scores it and tries to g&p but gets caught in an arm bar ala Coleman and it's over with. Fedor sub1

*Z*
07-09-2010, 08:39 PM
IMO, it's a pick em. For one you can't look at the Carwin fight to imagine how Fedor would do. He's not Carwin, he hits hard but is much smaller and not as strong. Had it been a smaller guy hitting Brock he might have been able to stop it with his attempted take down. Carwin had the strength to shrug it off, could Fedor do the same? I don't know, we also don't know if Fedor could rock Lesnar with punches like Carwin did. He may not feel the need to retreat like he did against Carwin. Basically, in a standing fight I favor Fedor, on the ground I favor Brock's ridiculous top control.

Beyond the Grave
07-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Fedor's better on his back than Mir and Carwin.I see Brock getting subbed or Knocked Out

TLC
07-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Fedor wouldn't even be able to get a hold of Brock's arm. That's ridiculous.

TLC
07-09-2010, 09:29 PM
As rare as someone actually getting an armbar from their back is, it somehow manages to be the result of every hypothetical fight Fedor is in...I even remember people on this board saying that Mousasi would sub Mo from his back...as if these guys don't train for basic shit like that...:rolleyes:

TLC
07-09-2010, 09:33 PM
IMO, it's a pick em. For one you can't look at the Carwin fight to imagine how Fedor would do. He's not Carwin, he hits hard but is much smaller and not as strong. Had it been a smaller guy hitting Brock he might have been able to stop it with his attempted take down. Carwin had the strength to shrug it off, could Fedor do the same? I don't know, we also don't know if Fedor could rock Lesnar with punches like Carwin did. He may not feel the need to retreat like he did against Carwin. Basically, in a standing fight I favor Fedor, on the ground I favor Brock's ridiculous top control.

Finally, a reasonable prediction.

Bob N Weave
07-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Fedor would have finished Brock if he was in Carwins position last weekend. If Brock turtles like that vs. Fedor it's over. Judging how he handled the first round vs. Carwin, he is not ready for the pace that Fedor would push.

TLC
07-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah because Fedor hits as hard, and has takedown defense like Carwin...

Bob N Weave
07-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah because Fedor hits as hard, and has takedown defense like Carwin...

Are you kidding me. Fedor has so many more tools than Carwin it's not even funny.

Oh wait, I forgot who Im talking to. Remember when you said this?
"Why does Lesnar have a cauliflower? He's barely been hit" :atu:

TLC
07-09-2010, 11:59 PM
That's hilarious. I have no idea what that has do with anything, but it's absolutely gut-busting. I'm sure the rest of the Fightbeat MMA posters will hardly make it to their keyboards...

At any rate, you explain nothing, and make broad statements that do not support your original thesis. Nice job. I see Track 1 English class does the workers of America some good.

Bob N Weave
07-10-2010, 12:08 AM
That's hilarious. I have no idea what that has do with anything, but it's absolutely gut-busting. I'm sure the rest of the Fightbeat MMA posters will hardly make it to their keyboards...

At any rate, you explain nothing, and make broad statements that do not support your original thesis. Nice job. I see Track 1 English class does the workers of America some good.

It basically means that you know nothing of what you claim to know so much about.

TLC
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM
It basically means that you know nothing of what you claim to know so much about.

Right, I actually not only claimed to be an expert on cauliflower ears, I actually wrote an essay on them.....

My research may have been a bit skewed...:crying:

TLC
07-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Go on FB MMA....laugh at me. It's okay, my research is a failure. My dreams....ruined!

Godfather
07-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Fedor wouldn't even be able to get a hold of Brock's arm. That's ridiculous.
Why wouldnt he be able to get a hold of Brock's arm?

Bob N Weave
07-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Right, I actually not only claimed to be an expert on cauliflower ears, I actually wrote an essay on them.....

My research may have been a bit skewed...:crying:

You thought cauliflower ear comes from punches. :atu:

TLC
07-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Why wouldnt he be able to get a hold of Brock's arm?

Ask Frank Mir, and that was when Brock didn't even know what a submission was. He's obviously training sub defense now...I'd put the odds that Fedor subs him VERY low.

TLC
07-10-2010, 01:21 AM

In spite of my lack of random knowledge, this still does not hide your 8th grade level argumentative skills. Continue with your constant barrage of red herrings and throw in some ad hominems as well. It's not going to change the fact that you have an unsupported theses, and by extension a completely null argument.

TLC
07-10-2010, 01:23 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cauliflower_ear

Cauliflower ear (also hematoma auris, perichondrial hematoma, and Traumatic auricular hematoma[1]) is a condition most common among boxers, amateur wrestlers, professional wrestlers, rugby players, and mixed martial artists. If the external portion of the ear suffers a blow, a blood clot or other fluid may collect under the perichondrium. This separates the cartilage from the overlying perichondrium that is its source of nutrients, causing the cartilage to die. This leads to a formation of fibrous tissue in the overlying skin. When this happens, the outer ear becomes permanently swollen and deformed, resembling a cauliflower.

Headgear that protects the ears is worn in wrestling and rugby (where it is called a "scrum cap"), many martial arts, and other contact sports to help prevent this condition. For some wrestlers and fighters, however, a cauliflower ear is considered a badge of courage or experience. [2].

......:bears:

Bob N Weave
07-10-2010, 01:46 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cauliflower_ear

......:bears:

Lol wikipediaman. Brocks cauliflower ear is obviously from his amateur wrestling career rather than getting punched during his very brief MMA career. :atu:

Godfather
07-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Ask Frank Mir, and that was when Brock didn't even know what a submission was. He's obviously training sub defense now...I'd put the odds that Fedor subs him VERY low.Frank Mir's BJJ is shit IMO. And Fedor has subbed guys bigger and stronger than Brock from his back.

Godfather
07-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Lol wikipediaman. Brocks cauliflower ear is obviously from his amateur wrestling career rather than getting punched during his very brief MMA career. :atu:
Yeah i dont get this argument. Lesner was an Amature wrestler for many years. Its pretty obvious why he has the ears.

jarhead
07-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Yeah i dont get this argument. Lesner was an Amature wrestler for many years. Its pretty obvious why he has the ears.
I thought so as well. Hell most guys on my high school wrestling team had a bit of cauliflower around the ears.

Just an FYI, chicks can get cauliflower down in their junk. I saw it in Thailand.
:nono:

TLC
07-10-2010, 03:50 AM

You said cauliflower in general wasn't caused by punches you fool.

Obviously that is the case. I didn't know it at the time, as I don't give a fuck about amateur wrestling.

TLC
07-10-2010, 03:51 AM
Frank Mir's BJJ is shit IMO. And Fedor has subbed guys bigger and stronger than Brock from his back.

Who exactly? Hong Man Choi? Quit trolling.

Godfather
07-10-2010, 09:26 AM

Obviously that is the case. I didn't know it at the time, as I don't give a fuck about amateur wrestling.
In amature wrestling its caused by heads hitting and grinding into ears.

Godfather
07-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Who exactly? Hong Man Choi? Quit trolling.
His arms are bigger and stronger than lesners.

jarhead
07-10-2010, 12:46 PM
His arms are bigger and stronger than lesners.
I don't know about that one GF...maybe longer

Bob N Weave
07-10-2010, 01:31 PM

I obviously meant in Lesnars case. And yeah, in general, they aren't caused by punches. When you see cauliflower ear in MMA 99% of the time it is an experienced wrestler.

sexperienced
07-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Fedor wins this however he wants.
If brock stands with him, brock gets KO'd quick.
On the floor, Brock gets subbed just as quick. Dont believe what Joe Rogan says about Brock. Brock will always be a mediocre wrestler and striker who, like sylvia knows how to use his size to win fights.

Fedor can KO and sub any heavyweight in the UFC right now if he wants to (yes, including Carwin). The longer he leaves it the harder it becomes.

Godfather
07-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I don't know about that one GF...maybe longer
he was lifting Fedor's Whole body up with just one arm.

Godfather
07-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Fedor wins this however he wants.
If brock stands with him, brock gets KO'd quick.
On the floor, Brock gets subbed just as quick. Dont believe what Joe Rogan says about Brock. Brock will always be a mediocre wrestler and striker who, like sylvia knows how to use his size to win fights.

Fedor can KO and sub any heavyweight in the UFC right now if he wants to (yes, including Carwin). The longer he leaves it the harder it becomes.
I dont know where you get mediocre wrestler from. 2 time NCAA Champion, Division 1 for four years in College with a record of 106 - 5 is hardly mediocre

jarhead
07-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I dont know where you get mediocre wrestler from. 2 time NCAA Champion, Division 1 for four years in College with a record of 106 - 5 is hardly mediocreBrock is talked about in Collegiate Wrestling as one of the greatest HW ever.

sexperienced
07-10-2010, 05:24 PM
OK i'll take that back, I just don't believe his ground skills are enough to neutralise fedor, he will get subbed quick if the fight hits the ground. I'm aware wrestling helps but MMA isnt wrestling.
Brock hasnt fought anyone as quick as fedor on the ground.

TLC
07-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty sure wrestlers win about 80% of the Wrestler vs grappler matches...

sexperienced
07-10-2010, 06:32 PM
wrestlers are grapplers, do you mean wrestler v other grappling styles?

BJJ and judo practioners win the most fights against wrestlers (these are judo players who adapt very quickly to the ground game).

TLC
07-10-2010, 07:33 PM
GSP and Matt Hughes at their best only lost to other wrestlers. Sherk lost to BJ, but that wasn't grappling related. And before that, he was the champ in that WC. Same with PRIDE Hendo.

Trplsec
07-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Personally I'll take a guy with Lesnar's wrestling background over a BJJ stud anytime.

The thing about great wrestlers in MMA, the majority of the time they control where the fight takes place.

If anyone thinks Fedor, or any HW for that matter, wants to be on their back with Lesnar on top of them, they are misguided.

As good as Fedor is on the ground, he is only human and Brock is a beast. Arm bar and kimuras from the bottom would be difficult even for Superman Fedor.

TLC
07-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Fedor isn't even THAT good at them. A guy like Werdum is much better at subbing people, especially of their back. Fraud would know that though. :atu:

Bob N Weave
07-11-2010, 01:26 PM
GSP and Matt Hughes at their best only lost to other wrestlers. Sherk lost to BJ, but that wasn't grappling related. And before that, he was the champ in that WC. Same with PRIDE Hendo.

Yeah....right......Serra and BJ were wrestlers.

TLC
07-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Hell, even shitty ass Jason Brilz was able to neutralize Nogueira on short notice. :atu:

Beyond the Grave
07-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Personally I'll take a guy with Lesnar's wrestling background over a BJJ stud anytime.

The thing about great wrestlers in MMA, the majority of the time they control where the fight takes place.

If anyone thinks Fedor, or any HW for that matter, wants to be on their back with Lesnar on top of them, they are misguided.

As good as Fedor is on the ground, he is only human and Brock is a beast. Arm bar and kimuras from the bottom would be difficult even for Superman Fedor.

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr240/BLUEMAJIIC/shaq_dumb.jpg

TLC
07-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Wrong topic.

atomicdOGg34
07-11-2010, 11:59 PM
fedor

he wont gas like carwin did and hes dangerous from his back

wouldnt be easy due to brocks strength and weight but fedor is an animal