OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: Floyd Mayweather Vs. Conor McGregor |August 26 2017

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

“The only thing that I’m probably interested in is probably the Conor McGregor fight,” Mayweather said on ESPN’s “First Take” on Wednesday. “I’m a business man and it makes more business sense.”

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3PyO2JiN68A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    At boxing i take it? Seems like free money for floyd, might as well

3. SilentNight

SilentNight Undisputed Champion

It's no doubt its free money for Floyd but both are trying to leverage as much money as they can as the pure spectacle of this fight does over 2 million PPVs easily.

Don't be fooled, Floyd has his ears perked up ready for this fight

4. SilentNight

SilentNight Undisputed Champion

I also dont expect Floyd to be eager to just take any offer in the assumption that he can't lose.

Conor isnt a real threat but he was actually a pretty good youth level boxer and hits hard. His chance of winning is minuscule but nonzero.

Imagine if Conor knocked out Floyd with a lucky punch? Would he become the biggest star in the history of combat sports?

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Factoring in MMA Fans, this Fight Could Potentially Be BIGGER than Floyd vs. Pacquiao...On that Note, Pac Himself Walked Away w/Upwards of $150mil...

Gonna Take a LOT More than $15mil-$25mil to Get This Done...And What EXACTLY Will Be Done w/McGregor's UFC Contract???...

Basically, REED Can't See this Shit Happening...

REED:hammert:

6. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

This fight should not be limited to boxing rules. Lets just make it a "fight". May the better man win. However, no grappling allowed.

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Conor McGregor has a 0% Chance of Being Floyd Mayweather in a Boxing Ring...

The 10oz. Gloves Will IMPACT McGregor's Power, Not to Mention Floyd's Defense...

REED:hammert:

8. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

No Way in Hell Would Floyd AGREE to That...

REED:lol:

9. Jeffy

I know. But at least it would make it competitive.

10. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

NO WAY....UFC fans might be lunatic fanboys...but they are not stupid...McGregor has no chance...NONE...now if it's a "fight w/ no grapping" like Jeffy said...then yeah maybe I can see some UFC fans going for it...but in no way will it surpass Floyd vs. Pacquiao....

11. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

It'll be an event for sure. I doubt it does Mayweather-Pacquiao numbers. But it would still attract some high numbers.

McGregor may as well take the offer.

12. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Dana White has offered both fighters $25 million + % of PPV.

Shit just got real...

13. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

14. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    :lol: how is that real?

15. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

With what conditions?

16. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Can McGregor make that kind of money in any UFC fight? Can Dana White likewise? :dunno: I have zero interest in UFC, and have watched less than ten UFC fights ever, so I have no idea what kind of money those boys make :dunno: Even someone as clueless as me, however, has heard of McGregor, and it stands to reason that this would be a massive money-making enterprise for all involved, even if Floyd does what he does best and bends everyone else over and fucks them hard for every dollar.

Unless I'm missing something, I've watched a couple of McGregor's 'highlights' and can't see a possible way he might win a boxing match against even a 40 yr old Floyd. I do reckon, though, that he would make Floyd fight, which might make it watchable even for those of us who tired of watching Floyd stink his way to wins late on in his career.

MTF :dunno:

17. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

How is it not real?

18. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Mayweather is going to make easy money from this. It's pretty much as 'no risk' as he's going to get and he's says he's interested.

McGregor's only stumbling block was of the UFC were to block the fight...which now isn't the case.

Can't see any reason why this fight can't happen :dunno:

19. mikE

Why can't this fight happen? Because UFC isn't going to let a star get his ass handed to him in the boxing ring and Floyd isn't so stupid that he'd want to get embarrassed like James Toney in an octagon. So, there are two reasons this fight will never happen.

A third reason is because any fight fan who has a clue will not pay to watch this stupid shit. Yes, they may stack the undercard, but that's not how these things usually work.

The only reason it actually would occur is because one of the fighters figures getting his ass handed to him is worth $15+ million and he lost the coin flip as to whom would get to be the ass kicker.

20. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

lol...real? The only way this happen is if Floyd gets 75-80% of the revenue....25 million has been shit money for Floyd for a few years now...

21. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

25 million that is slave wage money...FUCK dana WHITE! -Floyd

22. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

if they filled the undercard with a few quality cage fights (with participants they can pay peanuts to) it will ensure all the MMA fans buy the card even if they dont think mcGregor has a shot. maybe one or two boxing fights and it will easily sell over 2 million PPVs

23. mikE

I disagree, Neil. You've basically added so many what ifs that it's meaningless. Anyone who would pay to watch Floyd fight McGregor is delusional or stupid. Would I go to Buffalo Wild Wings and watch it for free and eat wings, probably, but would I pay for it? No fucking way. Of course, I go to BWW and watch UFC's all the time and this would be a card I'd be more inclined to skip than most.

This is transparent WC Fields and they aren't even trying. They are looking for suckers only.

24. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

if the undercard is filled with a few good cage fights then the UFC demographic will buy it. ill buy it

mayweather jr has a core fan base of at least 500k delusional people who will buy it

it will be majorly hyped for months on ESPN. it will be hyped as much as mayweather jr vs pacquiao except this time both guys can talk major shit

25. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    They should agree to a dual match 1 boxing and 1 mma, split the purses and if 1 guy wins the other sport he gets all the money.

26. salaco

salaco Undisputed Champion

Dana White applying the UFC model of revenue sharing to this fight, good luck with that. Floyd got over 30 m for fighting Berto, in a fight that nobody wanted to see. This fight will generate a lot of mainstream casual viewer ppv bucks, I would have thought at least twice that for Floyd plus a sizeable PPV percentage.

27. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

It is....if it was an opponent that was rated by any of rhe boxing governing bodies and was a known boxer with years of experience.

But it isn´t.

Its some guy who fights in MMA and doesn´t have brilliant boxing skills....he does however, have decent handspeed and timing with 4oz gloves.

US$25 million is an easy bit of pocket-money for Mayweather to show everybody why McGregor should stick to what he does best: 60% boxing, 30% Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and a very weak 10% Muay-Thai.

28. Jeffy

Like I said before. Rather than a boxing match, it should be a pure striking match. In a ring. It would be a huge crossover event and I guarantee all PPV records would be smashed.

29. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Floyd aint getting into the ring if there's a chance he loses.

30. Jeffy

Gotta agree with you on that one.