OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: Floyd Mayweather Vs. Conor McGregor |August 26 2017

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Floyd will have to be 45 before he loses to Danny Garcia. He beats both porter and Garcia right now. He loses to the other three though. He's definitely slowed significantly....both in terms of handspeed and reflexes. The Mayweather of the Berto fight would have stopped Conor in 6 max.

2. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Floyd would definitively lose to Garcia and Porter right now imo. Hell, he barely scrapped by Berto two years ago when he was far more active (and younger). Still, to get back to the Mayweather-McGregor fight, I got to admit that I was surprised that McGregor landed that much on Floyd. On the other hand, his shots were far less powerful than I expected, so at the end of the day, it pretty much equalized itself.

I also don't get Hitman point of view (or those who felt Mayweather would ko him in less than 4 and that his performance hurt boxing). Floyd has alway's been safety first and he's pretty featherfisted at 147 and above. No way he was gonna turn into a mini Mike Tyson when he's inactive, in his 40's and facing an opponent much bigger than him (put McGregor vs Canelo or Thurman, then youd'd see him crush like a bug). THey probably fail to recognize that the top boxer's in MMA are still proficient in the art, even though they fall way short of world class level. As I said before the fight, they are about at the level of a canadian or regional champion. Floyd, at this age and weight, wouldn't storm one either.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  3. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Yeah, as usual, Sly is being delusional about Floyd.

Porter and Garcia would have defeated last week's Floyd.

I dunno why he's bringing up the Berto version of Floyd, cause Floyd looked like shit against Berto too. Berto's a guy whom a young Floyd SHOULD HAVE stopped inside 8... the fact that he went 12 was definitely a mark of Floyd's age.

In the end, the Cotto and Canelo fights were the last two vintage Floyd performances. His age kicked in after the Canelo fight.

4. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Uh, not sure any version of pbf stops berto.

5. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Precisely. Some boxing fans had unrealistic expectations imo. McGregor is not an elite boxer, or a pro boxer at all, but I think some boxing fans kind of acted like he was a wrestler, or some bum from the street, that had no idea how to even throw or dodge a punch :D Obviously he has been practicing boxing for years, just not against world class boxers.

And yeah, like I said earlier in the thread, I'd say McGregor's skill and talent level is probably around British level, only with less experience and stamina. And I don't think this version of Floyd would have destroyed someone like Eggington, in fact he probably would have gone the distance.

Having said that, Floyd did clearly carry him, if he'd stepped it up in round 2 I think Gregory would have been done by 5 or 6.

6. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    You and your mongoloid brother say the dumbest shit

" barely scrapped by berto ":D:D

7. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I think those of us who called this fight a sham, and laughed at the idea that a guy could in his pro debut possibly pose a threat to pbf were proven correct in the end.

8. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Another victory for the DUH club

9. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Yes. Lol.

10. mexican wedding shirt

It wasn't exactly a sterling performance, but Floyd won pretty much every round against Berto.

11. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I'm not being delusional about Floyd, I just don't hold Garcia or porter in particularly high regard. Floyd could still potshot his way to victory over either of them, even though he has slowed.

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Nah, You're Being DELUSIONAL, Bruh...

In Fact, REED Can Only ASSume You're TROLLING, Yet Again...

REED:cool:

13. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

Sorry, you are delusional about Floyd.

14. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Pretty pathetic to see a grown man consistently fishing for attention on a (practically empty with exactly 0 female member) boxing forum. Whater floats your boat I guess

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  15. Xplosive

Potshot, HOW???? His legs are gone.

At this point, Thurman is much quicker on his feet than Floyd and hits a lot harder and faster.

16. Hitman

Hitman Undisputed Champion

Azazel - I do concede that I think I did have some unrealistic expectations. But I also didn't expect Mayweather to KO him in 4 rounds or come out looking like some kind of Mike Tyson/Julian Jackson seek-and-destroy puncher.

I just thought he could have dominated him more. Embarrassed him more. Peppered him with some combinations and dodged his idiotic counter-slaps. Danced around him and thrashed him. Countered him better.

It was unrealistic of me to expect him to do anything but the safety-first, low-risk approach. And the low-risk approach was to throw 28 punches and let McCregor tire himself for 3 rounds, then slowly up the pace every round after that. Not to show any real offense until McCregor was completely spent and unable to do anything back.

And that's what he did and he did it perfectly. I just wish he would have embarrassed McCregor more with his superior striking ability, I wish he would have KO'd McCregor without fatigue being a factor. And I do think he could have done it, it would have been riskier, but I think he could have given away the first round, and then won every round after that in a landslide and stopped McCregor 2 rounds earlier or around the same time in much more impressive fashion.

i know, unrealistic expectations

17. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    This would have never happened. Mayweather isn't going to knock out someone like mcgregor on power alone. Fatigue was his best strategy and he knew this.

18. Xplosive

"Someone like McGregor". LOL.

Anthony continues to talk about McScrubber as if he's an actual quality boxer.

mexican wedding shirt likes this.
  19. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I do? Take the kid glasses off and put your adult ones on.

Someone like mcgreger, who has been kicked in the head and punched with 4oz gloves and not been KOed.
    He isnt going to power punch mcgreger to a KO.

20. Xplosive

You're being delusional. McGregor isn't durable as a boxer. The ONLY reason he went 10 is because Floyd is a slow old man.

A younger Floyd wouldn't need to necessarily be powerful to stop McGregor early. His handspeed would have overwhelmed Conor.

And for the LAST time, taking these "4oz golves" punches in the octagon doesn't cut it in the ring. I think we've established by now that boxers hit A LOT harder with their hands than MMA guys do with their strikes.

Let McGregor take a few flush shots from Golov or Canelo, and see how long he'd be standing vertical. Not long.

21. Anthony

Motherfucker
    You are comparing Mayweather's power to GGG's power and for a boxing fan, that is pretty fucking stupid. You want to claim, MMA power doesnt translate to boxing through punches, fine, say what you want. But you can never say that an kick in the head is less powerful than an Boxing punch. So again, stop making stupid claims. And Stop calling anyone that disagrees with you delusional.

22. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

the feather fisted, 40 year old, inactive boxer who was 15+ pounds lighter inflicted brain damage on the cage fighter. at least thats what is being reported on cage fighting websites

23. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I was waiting for someone to post this nonsense. I was hoping it wouldn't be you neil. lol @ brain damage.

24. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

i just hope mcGregor will be able to live a normal and healthy life going forward after the savage beating he took last week

25. Xplosive

This guy defends Conor harder than Conor would probably defend his damn self.

I can picture McGregor reading Anthony's posts, and replying "I got fooked up, mate. Deal with it, I have."

26. Anthony

Motherfucker
    You got boxing fans on here that have defended him more than me. Hell you got boxing pros that have defended and praised him more than me. Grow up dude. Stop trying so hard to be a dick.

27. Anthony

Motherfucker
    SAVAGE!!!!!

28. Anthony

Motherfucker
    [​IMG]

29. mexican wedding shirt

Did you guys catch what a delusional salty scrub McGregory was after the fight?

He said Floyd is not powerful, fast, or skillful, just "composed", lol.

He got walked down and beaten senseless and given brain damage by a 40 y/o man 20 pounds lighter, through nothing other than his opponent being "composed".

30. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

he composed a symphony on that cage fighters enormous cranium with a fusillade of brain damage inducing wallops.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017