Someone is delusional

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Jeffy, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

Floyd’s latest rant...

“I better not every hear y’all say nothing about nobody else,” he said. “There’s only one motherfuckin’ GOAT, and it’s me. I better not hear anybody talking about ‘this guy’s the GOAT over here, this guy’s the GOAT over here.’ Man, at the end of the day, I’m the best athlete ever. You know what I’m saying? You heard me. Ain’t nobody done it better than me. I’ve done it in the best style, I’ve done it flashy, I’ve done it flamboyant, I’ve done it my way, I kept 100% of the revenue, and I’m own motherfuckin’ boss. Talk to me.”

Hey Sly, what’s up with your boy??

2. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Floyd is clearly missing the limelight. Seems jealous of the attention that the contemporary fighters are getting.

3. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Blah, he had his chance to be taken into better consideration for that title. He had a grand total of 4 fights from 2008 through 2012 and ended up beating Manny 5 years after when it really would have bolstered his all time ranking.

4. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    "Legacy don't pay bills" is his legacy and now he gets to live with it

5. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Pretty much.

He’s still an ATG, but his inactivity and playing risk/reward too much once he was in the position to call the shots (from 2007-on) cost him in the all-time rankings.

cdogg187 likes this.
  6. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Amen

cdogg187 likes this.
  7. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Sly - watch this and tell us how long it took before you starting playing with your dick.

8. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    It's too bad he couldn't get the fights at the point in his career when he was willing to take risks. The reward/finances weren't available to make matches with tszyu and an unbeaten cotto feasible

9. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Link please.

Anyway...Floyd has a legitimate argument as the GOAT whether we want to hear it or not. I mean...what else did he need to accomplish in order to be called that? It's impossible to build a time machine and transport his pregnant mother to the 30s for him to have been born in that era....so outside of that...what did he need to accomplish to warrant consideration for being the GOAT?

Personally, I still have Ali and Robinson ahead of him but after that...Floyd has a legit top 5 argument. Put it this way...THERE ARE NOT five other fighters in history that have accomplished more than he has. No sir. Other guys are rewarded for losing to or struggling with fighters they should have beaten clearly. Floyd is criticized for winning too easily. That's ridiculous.

Listen...his no reading, poor grammar having, hoodlum dressing, arrogant, wife-beating, money flashing, 100 car having ass annoys me as much as anyone...BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN THE RING!!!!!

10. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Floyd has zero claim to GOAT ... none... zilch

You have to literally ignore the entire history of the sport to think he does

puerto rock and Erratic like this.
  11. Destruction and Mayhem

Put Floyd in the 1950s, black and white TV with the "skipping" frames and let him be 50-0 with titles in five divisions with wins in 25+ championship fights, against as many current or former titlists that he's beaten with equivalent names to Corrales, Castillo, De La Hoya, Mosley, Pacquiao, Cotto, Canelo etc on his resume...and it wouldn't even be a question.

12. Jeffy

This is a tired argument, Sly and you know it. You are letting the undefeated record fool you. Level of competition is a much bigger factor.

13. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    If attzs met mayweather jr what are the 4 most likely words he'd utter initally?

[​IMG]

cdogg187 likes this.
  14. Destruction and Mayhem

I'm taking into account level of competition. He's fought more titlists than anyone else and the names I mentioned are not bums.

15. Jeffy

Sorry man, same old argument. You are the only one on this board who thinks Floyd is top 3

16. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

That´s equivalent in this particular scenario to claiming to be ´The World´s Tallest Dwarf´.

cdogg187 likes this.
  17. Destruction and Mayhem

Yeah, it's exactly like that....

18. puerto rock

Floyd is a great fighter who could have been greater had he been more of a risk taker in not only his fighting style but his matchmaking.

Could have fought Cotto in 2008 when it was being discussed as a legit super fight. Waited 5 years to face Pac, and never even entertained facing guys like Paul Williams and Sergio Martinez at 154.

His fans hate to hear it, but Floyd was very strategic with his match making.

19. Destruction and Mayhem

Fine, but judge Leonard the same way for fighting Lalonde, washed up Hearns (recently ko’d by Barkley)and ancient Duran instead of Nunn, Benn, etc etc. Even with Hagler, Leonard admitted to waiting for him to slow down...and after seeing him somewhat struggle with Mugabi during a One fight a year stretch strategically chose then to fight him.

Floyd fought Corrales and Castillo when each was peak, Canelo at peak, Hatton at peak cotto was still prime.

Let’s be consistent with our outrage

20. Jeffy

Did you just say Canelo at his peak? Did you just say Cotto at his peak?

And Castillo won that fight and you know it.

Cmon man, let’s not try to rewrite history here.

21. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

YEAH! C´mon man, let’s not try to rewrite history!

22. Destruction and Mayhem

Yeah, you heard me. Canelo was undefeated, 24 years of age, a champion already and had beaten Trout, Mosley and Lara. PEAK, my brother, peak. Cotto was still prime, evidenced by his revenge defeat of Margarito and going on to stop Martinez at 160.
    Castillo won nothing. Floyd clearly won both fights. Score that first fight on a round by round basis and you cannot find 6 rounds to give Castillo. Cannot.

23. puerto rock

Cotto wasn't in his prime, but the rest I can give you.

With regards to Leonard, I don't rate him at 160 like I do at 147. Yes, it is known that he extended the period of wait till Hagler started to show some signs, though one might argue that it balanced with Leonard's own inactivity. But that's changing the subject.

Floyd was great from 13o-140, but I don't think he was too impressive at 147 and 154.

24. Destruction and Mayhem

Ok I respect that. I can meet you half way.

Floyd is a small guy so P4P he was obviously a better fighter at the smaller weights. But the fact that a 130lb guy can move all the way up to 154lb and remain undefeated should count for something. We can’t evaluate Floyd purely as a welterweight/Jnr middle, we have to evaluate him as a small guy that was able to dominate even at the high weights. Roy Jones only beat Ruiz, who wasn’t anything at heavyweight, but we should credit jones highly for that since he started out at middleweight. We credit Duran for having some success at the higher weights in addition to being dominant at his best weight while acknowledging that he wasn’t at all dominant at the higher weights. Floyd had success at the higher weights while maintaining his dominance. He didn’t win as pretty as he had in the lower weights but the point is he always found a way to win. Few can make that claim. Most undefeated fighters in history stayed at their natural weight

25. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

The more Sly argues and squeals about it, stamping his feet, the funnier his delusion gets...

26. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Duran didn't tip-toe his way up in weight. Division after division he faced the best. And that's why his legacy shits on PBF's.

27. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I hope he can't retire without a blemish in his record...that would be awesome...His entire life is that 0...if someone takes it..it would be awesome.....come on keep coming back...

puerto rock likes this.
  28. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Exactly.
    His entire life.
    It overshadows the money.
    It overshadows his entire existence.

29. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

DIARRHEA's over it.

30. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

bah retiring as an undefeated wc is a common occurence today, and is overrated as fuck. When you look at the list, most of these guys sucks