71 Frazier vs 92 Bowe

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Xplosive, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Frazier of the first Ali fight versus Bowe of the first Holy fight.

Who wins?

2. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Hard to tell. Great match up. Frazier would definitively hurt bowe more than a few time. The question is if these instances would be enough to make him wins a fight that should be dominated by Bowe otherwise. I think that Bowe is tough enough to survive and to come back from these, but I wouldn't bet a lot on it.

The other thing to consider is that while Frazier best work would come in the inside, Bowe was far from a slouch there. His uppercuts would definitively take a toll on Frazier. At the end of the day, I think that the safe pick is Bowe.

3. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Classic.

I like Frazier via late stoppage. Especially in a 15 rounder.

I see a back and forth war, but I like Smokin Joe's stamina and body punching to wear down the big man. Bowe didn't have a great defense. Frazier at least had better head movement.

4. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    I don't know about this one. I think it's a toss-up, I might even slightly favor Bowe due to styles. Bowe had terrible defense from long and mid-range but was decent defensively on the inside. I remember Gil Clancy pointing out that he knew how to slip shots on the inside. Of course that doesn't mean he was a defensive whiz at close range, he was just better at that distance than other distances.

Frazier could still get work done when they are fighting up close, or Frazier could be in the process of coming inside and catch Bowe. Short swarmers like Frazier tend to be susceptible to uppercuts, and Bowe had an outstanding uppercut.

Bowe had decent boxing skills from the outside but was better up close. Due to Frazier's height, I doubt Bowe is going to land that overhand right much, but I think he'd make up for it with uppercuts and his polished in-fighting. It would be a terrific fight with lots of leather thrown, but I'm leaning towards Bowe here.

5. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

It's tough to pick but I have to pick Bowe due to size and styles combination. Bowe KO 5

6. Xplosive

LMAOOOO!!! No way in the Hell Bowe is stopping Frazier in 5.

Bowe ain't Foreman.

7. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I can't see Frazier going so quietly here. Bowe was not that kind of puncher for one, and Bowe's lack of good defense would provide way too many opportunities for Frazier to have lots of success inside.

8. Xplosive

Frazier is the most disrespected of the top 10 heavys.

Late 60s/early 70s Frazier was a bad muthafucka.

I'm pick Frazier to KO both the Klit faggots.

9. Destruction and Mayhem

Foreman hit harder but Bowe hit very hard himself and was bigger than Foreman and had a devastating uppercut which I think would give Frazier fits. Bowes jab would fuck up Frazier too. Outside of a rusty Ali, Frazier best wins were against Ellis and Quarry. Bowe is MUCH better than those guys and much bigger. Bonavena dropped prime Frazier twice. Bowe would fuck that 205lb midget up big time

10. Xplosive

Yuppp.... because Frazier was less durable than Herbie Hide....

11. Destruction and Mayhem

Point taken. Bowe should have had Hide outta there in 2 rounds.

Still....there are many fighters that lasted longer with Foreman than Frazier did....fighters far less durable than Joe. Frazier's problem vs a big strong powerful guy is the fact that he comes straight at you.