Andre Ward vs Bob Foster at 175lbs

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

What transpires?

I say Foster makes things rather difficult for Ward early on with his 3" height advantage and immense reach advantage. Catches him with a left hook early that drops Ward hard. However Andre has the heart of a lion and he knows how to adjust. He proceeds to rib roast Foster's long bony exposed torso and wears him down for a late stoppage.

Ward TKO 11

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

LOL. So, one clear win for Ward, and suddenly he beats quite possibly the best head-to-head lightheavy of all time? Your current era dick riding knows no end. You and Ugo are MORE annoying that the "good ole days" lovers with your modern bias.

Foster would have have demolished Ward. He's possibly the worst matchup ever for Ward.

Firstly, Ward had trouble with Kov's jab... in BOTH fights.

Foster had one of the best jabs of all time, and was excellent at cutting the ring.

Then there's handspeed. Foster had extremely fast hands, and he'd catch Dre with something big he doesn't.

And once Ward gets hurt in this one.... game over. Foster's right up there with Louis, Leonard, Tyson, as the best finishers in history.

Nothing has changed.

Nut shot Ward still loses to Ezzard Charles, Bob Foster, Michael Spinks, Archie Moore, and Roy Jones.

3. Xplosive

I actually just READ your fully reply.

People didn't GET UP from Foster's hook. And if they did, not in any condition to continue.

There is a HUGE difference in power between Foster's left hook and Kov's right hand. A huge one.

Nevermind left hook, Foster's right hand was more powerful than Kov's right hand.

Make no mistake, Bob Foster would have KO'd both guys who were in that ring on Saturday.

4. Destruction and Mayhem

Truthfully X...I was just trolling you. I haven't really analyzed this matchup as yet, but wanted to annoy the shit out of you and Cdogg, aka the "good ole days" crew.

5. Xplosive

In order for me to favor Dre, I would have had to have considered Kov on at least a comparable level to Foster... which I don't.

I like Kov, but Foster would have lit up The Krusher like a Christmas tree.

6. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    I can't see Ward getting inside to do much of anything... If he stays outside, he eats jabs... If he tries to force his way in, he gets his head knocked off... lose lose

7. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Then Foster spots Sly ringside, takes the bottle of Red Stripe out of his hand, pours it out for his dead homies and says to Sly "the fuck you gonna do about that shit, Rasta Man?"

8. Destruction and Mayhem

Please, I'd destroy that skinny lanky inbred with a stiff kick to his exposed bony midsection. Mismatch

9. Destruction and Mayhem

Now if it was Andre ward, Kovalev or some other contemporary or recent great, I'd know that they'd have the wherewithal to avoid that kick and have a plan to counter it and so I'd be forced to give up the red stripe without a fight

10. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Nonsense! Foster would say "make your move, Billy Ocean" and you'd SHIT YOUR PANTS