Meldrick Taylor vs Antonio Cervantes

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by whiskey, Jun 24, 2017.

1. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Who wins and why?

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Cervantes by stoppage. Earlier and easier than Chavez stopped him.

Cervantes was a really bad matchup for Mel. He'd keep him on the end of that piston jab, and eventually his firepower would be too much for Taylor. Obviously, Mel's handspeed would present Cervantes with problems, but Kid Pambele just had too many tools for Taylor, and quite honestly, was a much smarter technician.

Taylor would have a chance if he moved all night, but we all know it wasn't in Taylor to do that.

Cervantes TKO 10.

3. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    I think Taylor's speed would handcuff Cervantes for a lot of the fight... What I'm interested in is if he can keep a lead over 15

4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I don't think that's the case. For all his handspeed, Mel was a very hittable target. He wasn't a defensive wiz like Benitez or Locche.

A guy like Floyd, with his defensive mastery, I could see handcuffing Cervantes, but Kid Pambele would find Taylor too easy a target for Mel to win.

Cervantes wasn't exactly slow either. He was quicker and sharper than Chavez.

And obviously, the fact that Cervantes was a legit 5'11, and Mel was like 5'6, has to play a factor.