Justice League - Trailer/Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Anthony, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    I just watched it again and it's even better the second time around. I don't know what people want.

I'll say it again. The biggest difference in DC and Marvel is the musical scores and that has a HUGE effect on the audiences. I don't think the studios even realize this.

2. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

I heard that hardcore Joel Snyder fans are petitioning Warner Brothers to get his unedited version released because they hate the current attempt so badly...

3. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

It was a good film and in this case the critics are wrong. This franchise has potential now. If they bring in darkseid for the next one and introduce green lantern to help the team fight him it could rival avengers infinity war

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Why are the critics wrong?
    Why is Justice League showing the worst performance at the box-office of all DC movies?

5. Destruction and Mayhem

I think the critics are the reason for that. When I first read the RT score I was inclined to skip it also. I changed my mind and decided to watch it out of morbid curiosity and realized that the film is actually good. It's too bad though because it deserves to be performing better than it is

6. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

No, that´s not what I asked. I asked ´WHY are the critics wrong?´
    Why are they universally downplaying this movie as they have successfully done with Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice?
    They werent wrong then, either. (but granted, Justice League isn´t as bad as those two)

Please dont go all Trollmaker and say ´Oh Disney is paying them´. He hasn´t even seen a fucking Marvel or DC movie.
    That´s just insulting intelligence.

To say it should be performing better doesnt make sense: the public have the last say in how well a movie will or won´t do because the majority of them are thick, low-IQ fucktards who go and watch movies while stuffing popcorn into their stupid, open, gaping mouths oblivious and brain-vaccuous to what they´re actually watching on-screen.

7. Destruction and Mayhem

No chump, you asked another question also:

"Why is Justice League showing the worst performance at the box-office of all DC movies?"

That question was somewhat rhetorical and suggested that the critics are in fact correct. That is what I was responding to. Remember that you're dealing with the Sly One here, so don't try the tricks you'd use on lesser mortals.

8. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Yeah and I already answered that before your last post, re: dumb General Public

9. Joe King

Player
    The movie had way too much negative press before it even came out. It's like they were trashing the film on purpose.

10. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

BALONEY! Even Rotten Tomatoes hold its rating until the night before it opened as a gesture of goodwill toward the movie. Early buzz was really negative specially when WB hired Joss Whedon to take over Snyder duties after a reported horrendous first rough cut. Even hardcore DC fans in youtube are kind of disappointed with the final results. Others didn't care because they were jizzing at the mere fact that the team was together on screen. That was enough for them (talk about low expectations!)

11. Destruction and Mayhem

Have you watched it yet motherfucker?

12. Joe King

Player
    Yeah really. Talking a lot of shit and making guesses.

I disagree with the hardcore fans being disappointed. I've seen way more positive than negative.

13. Panchyprsss

Am I trashing the movie itself? No. All that I did was point out the circumstances surrounding the production and pre-opening of the film which had already negative buzz. I am not trashing the movie, fucking moron, it is the same damned DC fans on youtube that were hyped about it that are disappointed now.

14. Panchyprsss

Another uninformed idiot that can't comprehend or distinguish facts from criticism.

15. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Panchy - go and watch it first before reviewing!!!

16. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

17. Joe King

Player
    What facts fucktoid?

18. Joe King

Player
    Of course they want the original cut. Over 40 minutes was cut out!

Box office had a lot to do with negative press. I went to the movie on a kids school night and there were only 2 seats available. It has made more money overseas and is not struggling.

19. Panchyprsss

I give up...

20. Panchyprsss

Are you serious? Batman v Superman had a worldwide three day opening of $450 million. Justice league has made almost half that amount on a bigger budget. If this film doesn't make $1 billion at the end of its run, it will lose money. BvS:DOJ ended with $873 million and even the studio was disappointed with those numbers. This film will make less. If this week has a 60% drop or more, ten this film will have a very difficult road to even reach $800 million in Loser Street.

21. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Saw it. It wasn’t bad but compared to The Avengers it was pretty much a huge failure.

Negatives - The opening scene with Batman capturing one of the bug creatures came off stupidly and was badly choreographed. Also he took off in flight for a few minutes but then falls back on the same building he took off from. Whenever characters would jump and land from distance, the gravity and speed just didn’t look realistic. The dialogue was bad, corny and very basic. The chemistry and interactions between the characters wasn’t great and a lot of the times it felt forced. Many aspects of the characters were ripoffs of Marvel’s Avengers. The villian was weak, uninteresting and felt like so many we’ve seen before. Most of the comedy which mostly came from the Flash was corny.

Positives - Some of the action sequences were pretty cool.
    SPOILER: I liked the way Superman came in and just dominated the villian.

Conclusion:
    I’m not a fan of the Wonder Woman movie or Guardians 2 and if I had to pick which of the three I’d sit through again I think it’d be JL. That said I like the underrated Batman V Superman better and this movie looked like it was told by a guy who just pulled a story off on the fly and in a hurry. It doesn’t flow well but it’s worth seeing.

22. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

The Avengers was on last night so I gave thst another watch - it really does make Justice League look amateurish by comparison in every aspect of modern movie-making and it's like 5 years old now?

23. lb 4 lb

Exactly and what is really astonishing about The Agengers is despite all the many characters and different story archs it flowed perfectly, had very good dialogue, character chemistry and the comedy was much better and didn’t feel so forced. It also did all that without even having a central villian other than Loki who never came off as some world destroying force that every D.C film feels the need to create.

24. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Yeah your review was pretty spot-on, tbh.
    The critics probably went a bit too overboard in much the same way they do with Marvel movies - not all of those can be successive 'greatest super-hero movie....since the last one' just as DC can' be all badly put together mega-hash'.

That said, I can only find maybe 5 or so Marvel movies that have repeat value. ...

25. Panchyprsss

That is because you are a sour bitter cunt with zero joy in your life.

26. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Not at all - Im not a blind fanboy who ´loves everything Marvel´, I can be objective about such things.....

27. Panchyprsss

I don't love everything Marvel. I almost hated 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' and did hated 'Iron-Man 2' & 'Iron-Man 3'.

28. lb 4 lb

Ironman 2 is the shit, I don’t care what anyone says.

29. Panchyprsss

Fixed!

30. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

´When I saw Green Lantern appear with Steppenwold I went crazy....I screamed so loud´ LOLz