Georges St. Pierre

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Explosivo, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Explosivo

Explosivo Undisputed Champion

He kicked Hughes's ass simply because since MMA has grown in popularity, Matt sat back, got full, and grew complacent.

GSP is infinitely talented and athletic,...and is as good as anyone out there now.

But a hungry and focused Matt Hughes wouldn't have been handled that way.

Only time will tell if Hughes has the hunger to rededicate himself and take that title back.

As talented as GSP is,...I just don't think that he has the standup or disposition that will stand up in the UFC.

2. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    GSP beat Hughes because he was better that night. It was a completely dominate performance. Hughes absolutely did not take GSP for granted. No way. Not the way the guy had been running through guys. As long as GSP is at 170, Hughes will not have a title. In fact he would have a better chance of beating Anderson Silva.

3. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

GSP beat Hughes cause Hughes doens't know how to strike and GSP didn't let him take it to the ground, you can go to any high school and find a better strike than Hughes, he's very limited and very overrated.

4. MAXWELL

MAXWELL Leap-Amateur

Hughes out struck bj in the 3rd rd of their rematch <maybe bj got tired but he still out struck him> but yeah matt was doomed when he cant take gsp down.

5. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

GSP is a good all around fighter but I guess he didn't think Matt Serra was going to try and strike him

WHen I heard the results I was like :eek:

6. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Good call.

7. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Matt Hughes isn't hot sh*t himself. He has zero standup, and his loss to GSP was no fluke. Look at him all cheering and happy and clapping his hands like a 6th grade schoogirl who got an A+ on a test after GSP loses to Serra. He goes on and on hollering "I love it...I love it!"
    He thinks it'll be easier beating Serra for the title than GSP. Hughes is a glass chinned joke. I hope Serra smashes his jaw to pieces with a right hand.

8. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:clap: :clap: Seriously, you can find kids in a average high school with better stand up than Hughes, his whole game is wrestling, negate it and he's as good as done.