UFC Buys Paris Hilton

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by admin, Apr 1, 2007.

1. admin

admin has left the building

PARIS, FRANCE, April 1 -- Speaking before a packed press conference at the Hilton Paris hotel, a stone's throw from the Champs-Élysées and the Eiffel Tower, with over 2000 fans, fighters, media members, and showgirls in attendance, UFC owner Lorenzo Fertitta announced his latest purchase today.

http://fightbeat.com/article_detail.php?AT=364

2. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

WTF!!! :lol:

3. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Hating MMA is the popular thing to do now I guess. All the boxing guys are threatened by it so much so thet they have to write crap like this. Joke or not.

4. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

It's a back and forth battle, *Z*. If you want to know who started the bickering war of words, it was Dana White. Ever since 2002, when his pudgy ass thought that HE was the show and wanted to be the next Vince McMahon, he's always tried to sh*t on boxing in an effort to elevate his own product. What's worse, he's crapped on and ridiculed every other MMA organization that's not named "UFC". And he's ridiculed any fighter not employed by him.
    There's more than meets the eye, *Z*. Hating on boxing is what this guy has been doing ever since he put money into his pride and joy. And it's especially funny since much of his life revolved around boxing, from bum amateur to instructor. Maybe he hates it so much cause he never amounted to sh*t in the sport and kept getting KTFO.:lol:
    Let the insults continue. It's not as one-way as you think.
    Also, there's nothing threatening about MMA. It's just another sport for people to follow. People now have a chance to hook up at a bar or at a buddy's house more often and watch a night of fights. Boxing is doing just fine, there is no threat.
    People can make up their own minds as to what they want to watch. Be it inside a boxing ring or inside a cage, there's nothing better than watching skilled fighters trying to knock eachother the f*ck out!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  5. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Indeed, way back at the start of the UFC, they were promoting it by degrading boxing, even recently, you could hear a UFC commentator saying things as ridiculous as "Matt Hughes would destroy Bernard Hopkins if he has the guts to step up to him". To me, it seems MMA fans bash boxing at least as much as Boxing fans bash MMA

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  6. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Yeah, I hear ya Hanz. I just don't pay any attention to what Dana White is saying. That would be like people bashing boxing because of something Bob Arum or Don King said. Dana isn't a representation of the fighters. The guys actually doing the fighting is why I watch it.

Now, I have been a little defensive about all the MMA bashing lately. I'll admit it. :lol: I just can't understand the need to bash one sport because you like the other.

And lastly, damn right, there isn't any better entertainment than watching trained fighters beat the living crap out of eachother. Whether it's boxing, kickboxing, MMA or whatever it may be. I will watch it all!

7. Hanzy

True. But to their credit, the UFC commentators did actually give credit once to boxing(or a boxer) which I clearly remember. It wasn't that long ago. I can't pinpoint the event but I believe it was Joe Rogan who asked Mike Goldberg "Could you imagine what Lennox Lewis could do with 4 ounce gloves?" To which Goldberg responded "No and I don't want to!"
    I think, despite the realization that boxers are one-demensional by MMA standards, MMA followers also realize the deadliness of a top level striker and the possible damage that a fighter of Lennox Lewis' credentials could do if he were to land a shot with 4 ounce gloves on any fighter inside the UFC.

8. Hanzy

Dana's always been very defensive and overtly crass in alot of the interviews I've seen from him. He HATED Pride, he completely dismissed and disrespected Fedor Emelianenko as Pride's champion, and he kissed the asses of his fighters to the point where he lost all concept of reality. The guy never truly believed all the horsesh*t flying out of his mouth but what was he to do? He had a product to market so he had to hype up his talent. The best way to do that is to dismiss whatever competition is out there. And from what I saw of one of his more recent interviews, he outright said and I quote "MMA isn't on the rise, the UFC is!" :dunno:
    I just see so much Vince McMahon in this guy. He's a whacko!
    The dude actually has a documentary airing on Spike next week covering his enmity with Tito Ortiz.
    Dana White SO wants to be a fighter. And since he knows he can't fight, he wants to be a character. He's such a big fan of himself. Dude thinks that he's the show. He doesn't realize that people could care less whether he lived or died. The UFC is about the fighters, not some bald prick who throws out F-bombs constantly and carries himself with the class of Jenna Jameson. This dude is a bald replica of Vince McMahon. He's a real life Mr.McMahon character.

9. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    For a minute there I thought they went all WWF and shit :lol:

*side note, i tried to click on that site for Trumps daughter on the front cover, but it said" This merchant is no longer participating in the affiliate program. "

What gives Cupey, you pretending to have sponsors?