UFC 70 Payout

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Hanzy, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

TOTAL PAYOUT: $933,000

Gabriel Gonzaga - $60,000 (Win) - ($30,000 for win and $30,000 for KO of the night)
    Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic - $350,000 (Loss)

Andrei Arlovski - $160,000 (Win)
    Fabricio Werdum - $80,000 (Loss)

Michael Bisping - $54,000 (Win) - $24,000 for win and $30,000 for best match bonus.
    Elvis Sinosic - $38,000 (Loss) - $8,000 for loss and $30,000 for best match bonus.

Lyoto Machida - $40,000 (Win)
    David Heath - $6,000 (Loss)

Cheick Kongo - $40,000 (Win)
    Assuerio Silva - $8,000 (Loss)

Terry Etin - $42,000 (win) - $12,000 for win and $30,000 for sub of the night bonus)
    Matt Grice - $3,000 (Loss)

Junior Assuncao - $6,000 (Win)
    David Lee - $2,000 (Loss)

Alessio Sakara - $20,000 (Win)
    Victor Valimaki - $3,000 (Loss)

Jesse Liaudin - $6,000 (Win)
    Dennis Siver - $3,000 (Loss)

Paul Taylor - $8,000 (Win)
    Edilberto Crocota - $4,000 (Loss)

:lol: Good thing Sinosic got the 'best match' bonus. I'd have felt bad for the guy considering he rode a train for about 18 hours to make it to the event, got his face smashed into a bloody mess, and went home in another 18 hour trip while collecting just $8,000 for an ass kicking. That match bonus surely must've helped soothe the pain a little bit on the long ride home.

2. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

I like the match/KO/sub of the night bonuses, but in the end, Gonzaga made very little money for such a big win. Worse yet, I have a feeling that he'll never have a huge payoff.

3. Hanzy

That was the amount he signed for on the contract. He pulled off a major upset. Therefore he'll stand to make alot more money when he fights for the title against Couture on ppv, I'm assuming.

4. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

If MMA is so popular why do guys get $3,000.

5. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Cos it's total shit, that's why.

6. Hanzy

So they can pay other guys like CroCop $350,000.:lol:

7. royyjonesjrp4pno1

Don't you still think that is still shitty money.

Everybody says Don King and Arum are crooks but Dana White pays these guys slave wages. With all the different coaches you have to have how can these guys afford to eat for $3,000.

Did Pride pay the fighters slave wages too?

8. Hanzy

Pride had a minimum wage of $10,000. Nobody ever got paid less than that in Pride. UFC has a minimum wage of $2,000.

9. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    :doh:

10. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    From what I recall, after Pride events, when people made similar threads to this, the actual wages shown paled in comparison to UFC wages. You may be right that there was slightly more parity in wages, but overall the fighters got shit on alot more than UFC or even some of the smaller orgs.

Also there is speculation about UFC wages being garnished in some way to allow fighters to keep larger portions of the wage ie training costs etc being payed for or tax deductible.. so that the published wage is actually alot less than the fighters are earning.

11. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    Honestly, unless you are great why even fight for a few thousand. It isn't worth it. No wonder Mike-Dave told me he wasn't going to continue. He said there was no money in it and he is right. I mean Cro-Cop is a huge name and he is getting 350,000.

12. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

how will this loss affect cro cop's purse next time he fight?

13. suiteness

suiteness Leap-Amateur

His purse will be the same. This was his second fight on a six-fight contract.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  14. Hanzy

That's possible.

15. suiteness

suiteness Leap-Amateur

The UFC could easily bump up the purses to a $10,000 minimum. I'm not gonna complain that much because they've been slowly raising it from $2000 a couple years ago and most of these guys would be lucky to make $1000 in any of the smaller shows.

16. royyjonesjrp4pno1

According to Dana White Floyd can't sell 10 tickets but in his last fight he made a gurantee of $8,000,000 with a cut of the PPV sales. So how come these guys can sell out an arena get good ppv sales and hardly make a 7 figure purse.

Tito and Chuck did a million buys for the rematch. Does anybody know what their purse was for that fight?

17. Rubio MHS

MMA is popular because the participants are so willing to fight and die just for honor. Guys get $3000 a fight because they're willing to fight and die just for honor.

18. Hanzy

Chuck got $250,000 flat fee, Ortiz got $200,000 flat fee. PPV box office was excellent and they got a cut of that, and ultimately both went home with up to or close to $3 million.

19. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

it's nascar with fist!

20. suiteness

suiteness Leap-Amateur

I'm pretty sure Dana said that Liddell cleared $9 million last year.

21. royyjonesjrp4pno1

I know alot of fights are boring but they are not that bad.

22. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Maybe UFC should start overpaying their fighters like boxing does, making it impossible to have more then 1 fight on a PPV with big name fighters, bringing an end to the stacked cards UFC has been putting on.

Then we can have mediocre cards with a good fighter fighting some nobody, and only 2 other fights featuring absolute nobodies as PPV's, a la Barerra\Fana.

Then maybe big UFC fights can be talked about, but never made, because one or both fighters don't think they're getting paid enough, and fighter A won't fight fighter B unless he gets paid at least X amount of dollars.

Is UFC underpaying their fighters? Absolutely. But I'd rather have them underpay their fighters and keep things as they are, then become the trainwreck that boxing has become partially because the fighters are ridiculously overpaid.

Just curious, what are the payouts for the fighters on the non televised porttion of the Oscar\Floyd PPV next week? This should be the biggest PPV of the year for boxing, UFC and wrestling, so I hope the curtain jerkers fighting in an empty arena hours before the main event are getting paid $30,000 each, otherwise this same 'underpaid' argument can be directed at boxing too.

TFK

23. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Nothing is as bad as Nascar...

24. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

isnt it with the bad payouts right now much more likely the stars will feel underpayed for a dream match-up?

I mean, if the guy is making like 25 Million out of one PPV just share a bit of the money and don't keep 95% for yourself. If the NBA or NFL did that we wudn't be watching games right now... :nono:

25. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Good post

26. Rubio MHS

When boxing was in its infancy, no one got paid, either.

27. His_Royness

not at all it's short sighted if not even stupid...

If u think not getting the big match-ups in Boxing has anything to do with the fighters being overpaid, than ur really an econimic simplist.

It has NOTHING to do with that but simply with the fact of a bazillion different promoters trying to max their winnings.

If all boxers would box under lets say the UBC we would get a dream match up every month all on PPV no matter what the boxers earn.

No boxer could just leave this big organisation and say oh no i'll earn more fighting just nobodies in Wales. :nono:

It's not rocket science but definitely not as simple as TFK was trying to put it.

28. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

If you think money has nothing to do with boxings problems, then you're the one being short sighted and stupid. But if you're happy paying $55 for one fight this Saturday, more power to you. I'm still curious as to what the non televised undercard fighters are gonna make. I'm guessing it won't be much more then the non televised UFC fighters.

But think of it this way. Say UFC kicks up their salaries and instead of paying top fighters a few hundred thousand, they pay them several million. And also say the undercard fighters pay goes up drastically as well. All is well, as the UFC is making money, and the fighters are making money.

But then say in 2 or 3 years, a lot of the casual UFC fans lose interest in the sport and buy rates drop. Now all of a sudden UFC PPV's aren't making as much as they once were. Do you think now that the bar has been set, the fighters are gonna agree to lower salaries?

Not a chance in hell. So it'll mean higher priced PPV's with 1 good fight and more nobodies that nobody has heard of or could ever care about. It means more fights not made because of money.

Just like boxing.

So UFC is far from short sighted, in fact, they are thinking long term.

Like I said, they should raise their salaries, but only to an extent. If they start approaching boxing salaries, then UFC will more then likely go down the same road as boxing, and that wouldn't be a good thing.

TFK

29. His_Royness

i just said the LITTLE money is not the reason for the good UFC fights being made and the shitload of promoters in boxing are the reason for a lot of dream match ups not be made.

That's all i critizised in your posting. Now you're going to big money in boxing causes problems... that wasn't the argument and sure you're right. But it has nothing to do with what i talked about before.

30. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

If things don't change, you're going to start hearing the fighters complaining over the next few years. If I'm Chuck Liddell, and I'm headlining a PPV that clearly out-sells a boxing PPV, I'm going to start asking why I'm not being compensated like they are.

This is all going to change very soon.