Chuck - Jackson 2 predictions?

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by mexican wedding shirt, Apr 29, 2007.

1. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

What do you think?

It was a strange fight, the first one. Chuck looked listless, and rampage looked better than usual.

I would have picked chuck, as rampage hasn't looked great since, and chuck has. BUT, chuck didn't look too hot even stopping ortiz in his last fight. And he is 37.

How did he look in the 2 fights before Ortiz?

2. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I have to pick Rampage to win. Guys who dominate the first fight usually win the rematch too unless the winner has become tottally shot.

3. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    This is my pick, as well.

4. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Hard to say. Chuck's been knocking out wrestlers who think they can box like Sobral, Horn, Ortiz, etc. Rampage can box and wrestle and he got the better of Chuck in both. He may be the 'Nadal' to Chuck's 'Federer' at 205.:lol:

5. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I agree. Silva and Shogun had success with Chuck by using the muy thai clinch. Chuck stays way outside and doesn't do that.

6. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

I'm picking Liddell by KTFO late after a bunch of wrasslin on the canvas

7. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Rampage is past his best...but he probably still has enough to beat Chuck's ass...

8. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

rampage by powerbomb.

:bears:

probably by late ko. While it's true that rampage is probably past his best, liddell didn't exactly looked stellar lately either. Plus, he's nearly 40, a cocaine addict and party too much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e28UMTW-0mI

9. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Liddell via KO. Rampage might have found god, but that bearded cunt took Jackson's wallet and balls in the process.

10. MassaCure

MassaCure Undisputed Champion

wtf are you talking about, rampage looked better then usual? at that time rampage was runnign through everyone, that was the prime of his career, he was consitantly looking that good and better, everyone knew chuck was gonna loose that fight

11. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    Rampage is going to fuck Chuck up something fierce.

12. mexican wedding shirt

Mass, I agree. I liked rampage a lot at the time. Are you denying he looked ESPECIALLY good against chuck, his best opponent at the time? He was impressive against randleman, but wasn't he coming off a close decision against bustamente?

At the time I didn't think rampage would just walk through chuck like he did, I thought it would be a pretty good, even fight.

And if you consider that his prime, well silva was not long after that, and silva battered him.

13. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    I dunno if Chuck was Rampage's best opponent @ the time. Sakuraba was, IMO.

14. MAXWELL

MAXWELL Leap-Amateur

^ That fight was fun ,i forgot how many times rampage slammed saku.

15. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

Should be a nice crowd at that PPV event

16. mexican wedding shirt

But didn't he lose that fight?

17. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Whats your point, dunder head?

18. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    Chuck KO1

Rampage is a broken fighter, and Chuck really aint the guy to fix yourself against, especially not right now...Chucks in a zone kinda like Wandy was in a couple of years ago

19. Hanzy

I'm leaning towards Rampage by ground/pound stoppage in the 3rd round. Chuck has gotten lucky lately. He's been able to fight his fight against these 'wrestlers' like Horn, Sobral and Ortiz. None of those guys are strikers at all, no matter if they pretend to be.
    Rampage's game is considerably different, his punching skills are far superior, his ground/pound is deadly, his slams are incredible, and his strength is respectable. He's had a few losses but seeing that this is a different world now, he may be rejuvenated and ready to give us some more of his best work. We counted out Randy Couture as well, and he made Tim "so-called elite striker' Sylvia his personal bitch.:lol:
    The fight is on!!!! Go Jackson!!!! :clap:
    Chuck Liddell's age is creeping up on him. Almost 38 and trying to fight 5 high paced rounds will do him in. Let's see how good his 'boxing skills' are this time around. We already saw him get plastered badly in the first go-round and I see no improvements. All I see is a 'reputation' that puts fear into other fighters. Like CroCop 2 weeks ago, it all can be flushed on any given fight. Rampage is ready to go, despite Dana White trying to give his boy Chuck every possible advantage. We all know Rampage said he wanted 1 or 2 fights to get in-tuned to the cage/octagon environment and Dana would have none of it and already is putting what many people deem a 'rusty' Rampage into the octagon with a guy on a roll.
    It may be a bad move by Dana. Consider the fact, Rampage wasn't born yesterday. When the fight is on, he's ready and willing, despite the circumstances.
    Jackson in the 3rd to become the new light heavyweight champion of the UFC.

20. FourHooks

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    Hanzy, dude.....Rampage started his fighting career in the cage....he's had plenty of fights in a cage....His fight with Lindland was in the cage.....he wants a shot at Chucks belt, he takes in on Chucks terms

Dana's plan is ruined anyway....It all went to shit when Cro Cop got his head kicked off....If Cro woulda won that, he and Lidell would have been on a crash course

21. Hanzy

So obviously you're completely disregarding Randy Couture and Rampage Jackson?:dunno: There was no sure bet that CroCop would've beaten Randy, and it's no sure bet that Chuck is going to survive the wrath of Rampage. But that's just my opinion. Expect the unexpected in MMA, FourHooks. You're buying into Chuck's feared reputation. But eventually, everybody gets defeated sooner or later. Very likely Chuck's run comes to a complete end this month. It happened to Tyson, Ortiz, Couture, CroCop, Wandy, all of them. Chuck's gotten raped in the octagon and in the Pride ring. He's no f*cking machine. He's gotten dazed and knocked flat on his ass by a punch from Guy Mezger. He got absolutely mauled by Randy in the first fight and thrown all over the octagon, he was butchered by Rampage in Pride. Let's not go crazy on the old man. His time is coming to an end sooner than you think. Don't be shocked when it does. There aren't many guys in their late 30s who can stay at the top in any sport. And Chuck looked pretty mediocre against Ortiz in the rematch, just happens Ortiz is a joke with no real ability other than his ground and pound. Rampage has several tools he can use to beat Chuck both on the feet and on the ground.
    Let's just wait and see what happens!

22. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Rampage CAN beat Chuck. He's done it before, so there's no reason to work on a line to convince that way. Its not neccessary, because its fact.

I'm more interested in what anybody has seen in Jackson (whom I no longer call Rampage) since being slaughtered by Silva, to make people think he should win this fight? If you pick Jackson? Fine. But bare in mind that there is only the smallest of margins which makes the pick above board and its not something many will agree with, unless they're mooks.

23. FourHooks

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    no, just saying that was obviously Dana's best case scenario plan

24. FourHooks

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    and Hanzy, Chuck looked mediocre against Tito for the most part because Tito fought that fight from a shell....When he finally decided to open up a little bit, Chuck ended his night.....

I'm not markin out for Chuck, but what he's done of late is impressive as hell

and since I've jumped on his nuts, I'm sure he'll be the next to fall, just like my boys GSP and Mirko

25. Hanzy

If Dana worked in pro wrestling, then obviously yes. All would've been fine and dandy.:lol:

26. Hanzy

I'm not denying that Chuck isn't tearing guys up in grand fashion. But I think there's a little more style and substance in Jackson compared to the guys Chuck's been facing off against, as of late.
    Jackson has already proven that he can destroy Chuck. Our debate is mainly revolving around the 'What have you done for me lately' scenario. Chuck obviously has done alot since that day in 2003, and Jackson has done not so well. But he's still in the game and if he has his head on straight and fights to the best of his potential, he'll make life difficult for the champ.
    We'll wait and see.

27. mexican wedding shirt

My point is, I guess I meant best beaten opponent, fucknuts.

28. mexican wedding shirt

Well that's kind of my point. Since being brutalized by Silva - twice - he's just not the same. He can still beat Chuck of course, we've seen him do it. But this time maybe Chuck is a safer bet.

Chuck KO 2

29. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Hehe fucknuts :lol:

Go kill some Romanians, nutjob :notallthere: :bears:

30. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    he got 1 fight against the beastman.