Q&A with MATT SERRA

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by admin, May 16, 2007.

1. admin

admin has left the building

Matt Serra took some time out of his busy schedule to talk with us about life after one of the biggest upsets in MMA history. In this fightbeat interview Matt talks about his dominant performance over GSP, his future, and much more.

“It’s kind of like when Rocky (Balboa) switched to orthodox against Apollo, it wasn’t a game plan his camp was expecting.â€￾

http://www.fightbeat.com/article_detail.php?AT=398

2. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I hope he kills Hughes.

3. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Good interview. Serra has always come off as a good guy, and may be the lone bright spot to come out of TUF - The Comeback. I think his fight with Hughes is gonna be a good one. Hughes is definitely the favorite, but Serra has great BJJ skills. This one will be decided on the ground.

My only complaint is this fight isn't gonna happen until the end of the year. I know they want to use TUF to build it up, but they're holding the Welterweight Title hostage. It's a crime to go that long without a title defense.

TFK

4. Hanzy

Haven't you learned anything after watching MMA all these years, TFK? The chances of the fight being decided on the ground are about as good as the chances of the fight ending, standing up. After what GSP did to Hughes by kicking his head in, and with Serra knocking out GSP with punches, none of those matches involved ANY grappling whatsoever, well other than a half-assed takedown attempt by Hughes which got stuffed easily by GSP.
    I say Serra is gonna shock Hughes standing. Dude can throw a mean punch, obviously he's been spending as much time in the boxing gym as he has rolling on the mats. Hughes has the weakest standup in the entire division, possibly in the entire UFC. Serra will take his overrated ass out! KO baby!!!:clap:

5. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Doubt it. Hughes couldn;t take GSP down that's why it never went to the ground. I am quite sure he can take Serra down. I wonder how it feels to be the luckiest guy in MMA, someone should ask Serra for me.

6. Hanzy

Serra has solid JuJitsu so going to the ground is no big deal for him. Seeing Hughes' last performance against Lytle, he doesn't seem able to do sh*t on the ground anyway other than humping until the time runs out. Lay and pray tactics they're called. Still, I hope Serra kills him. I might even watch a few of the upcoming season's TUF with Serra and Hughes which obviously will have them hyping their fued for the cameras for their fight at UFC 74.

7. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Speaking of Lytle I would have to say Hughes beat that guy a LOT more convincingly than that guy. Yeah Hughes might have to lay and pray until Serra runs out of gas. Regardless, Hughes should win.

8. Hanzy

It's a toss up IMO, at this stage in Hughes' career and with Serra's gleaming confidence.

9. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

I hope Serra KTFO out of Hughes