Johnny Morton KTFO

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by TFK, Jun 3, 2007.

1. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

2. TFK

3. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

4. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I saw it live. Morton was so confused in there.:lol: All the attention and hype got to him. He looked like such a novice both in his stand up and his takedown attempts. And he got KO'd out cold by a Tae Kwon Do practioner who was 1-0 in his mma career.

5. Hanzy

A very routine fight. Basic takedown and ground/pound over a fat japanese judo fighter who was 2-5. Nothing special. We'll see what happens when Lesnar takes on a real fighter with submission/grappling skills. Somebody the ilk of a Gabriel Gonzaga or Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva.

6. TFK

Lesnar is nowhere near ready for a Gonzaga or a Silva. He probably wasn't ready for Choi, to be honest.

But this was a good start for him. He needs a few more fights just like this before he steps up in competition. Unfortunately, because of who he is, I don't see that happening.

From what I understand, his commitment with K-1 is done, so he's free to fight for anyone, including UFC.

TFK

7. Hanzy

He was already talking of fighting for titles, so apparently he thinks he's ready sooner than WE tend to think. I can't complain. It's better to get killed while making a big paycheque in a championship fight rather than against a lower-tier fighter whom nobody knows.
    Also, Morton is to receive $100,000 for his debut fight in K1. That's astonishing. Even veteran fighters don't get that much. Judging by that, I'd assume Lesnar received as much or more than 100K. I don't know if Dana White of the UFC would be willing to throw out that kind of money yet. K1 seems like a rich organization by the looks of it if they're throwing out 100K to somebody like Morton.
    It takes years and years to get anywhere near that kind of pay. You have to be not only a huge draw but a world champion.
    I can see K1 keeping Lesnar. I don't see any other org being able to offer him such money. Let's have Lesnar vs Mighty Mo. Mo looked good last night, blasting a poor wrestling guy out of there quickly.

8. Registered

Registered "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Technical Director
    Home Page:
    I want to see Lesnar versus someone credible like Barnett or Noguiera. What does it prove that he can muscle a guy he outweighs by 50-80 pounds?

9. Hanzy

I'd like to see him against an Antonio Silva or Gabriel Gonzaga. 2 guys who are as big as him with exceptional stand up and BJJ/grappling skills. This Min Soo Kim joke was just a bum, a 2-5 record loser.

10. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

He's not getting paid anything as of now. He refused to take his post fight drug test and his purse is being withheld. Gee, I wonder why he's refuse to take it. :lol:

11. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Lesnar WAS supposed to get paid a half a million,heres the entire K1 pay list

- K-1 DYNAMITE FIGHTER SALARIES Friday, June 08, 2007 - by Ivan Trembow - MMAWeekly.com
    MMAWeekly has obtained the fighter salary information for K-1 Dynamite USA, which took place on Saturday, June 2nd in Los Angeles, California. The event was co-promoted by Showtime/EliteXC and FEG, the parent company of K-1.

The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that FEG and Showtime/EliteXC are required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions.

Although MMA fighters do not have collective bargaining or a union, the fighters' salaries are still public record, just as with every other major sport in the United States. Any undisclosed bonuses that FEG and Showtime/EliteXC also pay their fighters, but do not disclose to the athletic commissions, are not included in the figures below.

All of the fighters on this particular card had flat salaries with no win bonuses, with the exception of the four fighters who competed on the live Showtime broadcast (Jake Shields, Ido Pariente, Jonathan Wiezorek, and Tim Persey). Shields and Wiezorek each won their bouts, so they are the two fighters on this card who had win bonuses.

Gesias "JZ" Calvancanti was fined 20% of his purse for failing to make the contracted weight of 155 pounds. This fine amounted to $9,000, half of which went to the California State Athletic Commission, and half of which went to Calvancanti's opponent, Nam Phan.

Johnnie Morton's entire purse of $100,000 is being withheld for the time being by the California State Athletic Commission, as a result of Morton's refusal to take a post-fight drug test. Morton has also been indefinitely suspended by the CSAC for refusing to take his drug test.

In the listings below, "Main Event Fighters" are defined as fighters who compete in the main event of a show and/or compete in a title fight on a show. "Preliminary Match Fights" are fights that are taped before a television or pay-per-view show goes on the air, regardless of whether or not those fights aired on the telecast or pay-per-view broadcast.

Main Event Fighters

-Brock Lesnar: $500,000 (defeated Min Soo Kim; no win bonus)

-Min Soo Kim: $30,000 (lost to Brock Lesnar)

Main Card Fighters

-Royce Gracie: $300,000 (defeated Kazushi Sakuraba; no win bonus)

-Johnnie Morton: $100,000 (lost to Bernard Ackah; purse is being withheld for the time being due to refusal to take drug test)

-Melvin Manhoef: $50,000 (lost to Dong Sik Yoon)

-Jonathan Wiezorek: $40,000 (defeated Tim Persey; includes $25,000 win bonus)

-Kazushi Sakuraba: $30,000 (lost to Royce Gracie)

-"Mighty" Mo Siliga: $30,000 (defeated Ruben Villareal; no win bonus)

-Ruben Villareal: $30,000 (lost to "Mighty" Mo Siliga)

-Jake Shields: $24,000 (defeated Ido Pariente; includes $12,000 win bonus)

-Dong Sik Yoon: $20,000 (defeated Melvin Manhoef; no win bonus)

-Tim Persey: $20,000 (lost to Jonathan Wiezorek)

-Bernard Ackah: $5,000 (defeated Johnnie Morton; no win bonus)

-Ido Pariente: $2,500 (lost to Jake Shields)

Preliminary Match Fighters

-Gesias "JZ" Calvancanti: $36,000 (defeated Nam Phan; original purse was $45,000 and he was fined $9,000 for failing to make weight)

-Nam Phan: $29,500 (lost to Gesias "JZ" Calvancanti; original purse was $25,000 and he also received $4,500 from Calvancanti's fine)

-Hideo Tokoro: $15,000 (defeated Brad Pickett; no win bonus)

-Katsuhiko Nagata: $15,000 (defeated Isaiah Hill; no win bonus)

-Brad Pickett: $8,000 (lost to Hideo Tokoro)

-Isaiah Hill: $2,500 (lost to Katsuhiko Nagata)

Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $1,287,500

12. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Morton refusing to take a drug test....

Hmmmm.. Almost makes you think he was on some sort of tranquilizer the way he passed out...

13. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    no way does anyone else pay Lesnar near what K-1 is paying him at this point.....If K-1 wants to pony up that kinda dough for a novice, then he will continue to fight there.....I think its a bit of a gamble paying that guy so much at this point.....If he ever gets good, he'll be the biggest thing since sliced bread

LMAO at those suggesting he should fight Silva or Gonzaga.....both would clean the mat with him

Silva is perhaps the most intriguing prospect in all of MMA right now

14. FourHooks

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    :lol:

15. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Who's Johnny Morton?

16. FourHooks

Fluffer