UFC 72 last night was garbage...

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Hanzy, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

This was a spike tv special at best. The fights were awful.:doh: Why the hell are they marketing that bum Forrest Griffin so much? Guy's a joke, sloppy clown! Also, Griffin/Okami was trash.
    UFC 73 on paper looks good. Ortiz/Evans along with Sherk and Silva defending their titles PLUS the premiere of Minotauro Noguira in the octagon. He'll be taking on Heath Herring who is 0-2 against Noguira in Pride.

2. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Thought it was originally supposed to be on Spike.

3. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

It was originally supposed to be on HBO, but that fell through. It was offered to Spike, but with the Penn\Pulver fight next week, and the Fisher\Stout card last week, they weren't interested.

I didn't buy the card, because on paper it was pretty terrible. And also because the next few UFC's coming up look pretty good.

I think Dana White knew because of the 3 PM starting time, that not a lot of people were gonna order the PPV, so he didn't go all out with it, instead, saving the better match ups for PPV's that will do more buys.

TFK

4. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Is the HBO deal now completely dead after the incident with Albrecht (and his subsequent leaving)?

5. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:

I didn't buy it, but my buddy will send me the DVD. It read as being complete garbage besides the Griffin-Guida fight which apparently was a bad decision. I watch and have watched tons of MMA in the past but it is not interesting me as much lately.

6. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Hanzy, was Griffin/Guida so good?

7. MAXWELL

MAXWELL Leap-Amateur

Griffin vs guida is good .I think griffin owned guida standing up, but in the ground it was 50/50 at the beg. but guida owned him in the latter part especially the 3rd <eventhough tyson had a nice up kick and elbow from the bottom in the 3rd rd.>. Franklins fight is crap bec. okami doesnt want to engage and franklin was not throwing that much either. the only redeeming value of that fight is in the 3rd when they okami took rich down and of course the subs that okami caught franklin.