Silva doesnt want to fight chuck

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by MAXWELL, Jul 12, 2007.

1. MAXWELL

MAXWELL Leap-Amateur

2. Gh77

Gh77 Leap-Amateur

This is also from sherdog. From Wanderlei's website. Who knows what's going on.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.wanderleisilva.com.br/sit...id=31&Itemid=4

"Chegou a hora !!!
    Está confirmada a data da luta de Wanderlei Silva. Será dia 22 de setembro, nos EUA, em local e horário ainda não definidos.
    O confronto entre Wanderlei Silva e Chuck Lidell já havia sido divulgado há cerca de dois meses, e agora aumenta a expectativa dos fãs em acompanhar a preparação final.
    Depois de muitos desafios, Lidell terá a oportunidade de enfrentar Wanderlei, que está em preparação constante, treinos intensos e uma vontade infinita em vencer este confronto.
    Também estão marcadas outras lutas pelo UFC: No UFC 74, dia 25 de agosto, se enfrentarão Randy Couture e Gabriel Gonzaga e dia 09 de setembro Quinton Jackson enfrenta Dan Henderson, pelo UFC 75."

Translated
    “The hour arrived!

The date of the fight of Wanderlei Silva is confirmed. It will be day 22 of September, in U.S.A., place and schedule not yet defined.
    The confrontation between Wanderlei Silva and Chuck Lidell already had been divulged has about two months, and now it increases the expectation of the fans in following the final preparation.
    After many challenges, Lidell will have the chance to face intense Wanderlei, that are in constant preparation, treinos and an infinite will in winning this confrontation.
    Also other fights for the UFC are marked: In UFC 74, day 25 of August, they will face Randy Couture and Gabriel Gonzaga and day 09 of Quinton September Jackson face Dan Henderson, for UFC 75.â€

Posted today on his official site so hopefully they both stay healthy and we finally get to see this thing.

3. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    wow another great, great fight! UFC fucking rules! :bears: No doubt Sliva can handle an extra 20lb with his frame, especially against Liddel who judging by the ol' pot belly isn't the biggest guy at the weight. I still fancy Liddel to be a bit too strong though.

4. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    There both lightheavyweights,there in the same weight class.As for this fight,I think its too late.Silva is on the decline and FAST,plus his technique in the standup is arguably worst than Chucks.

5. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    sorry dude...I was thinking of anderson Silva. Im a UFC newb Im afraid.:rolleyes:

6. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    :lol:

Anderson Silva is the normal looking one, this is Wanderlei:

[​IMG]

7. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Ape face! :lol:

8. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Anderson Silva normal looking !!!!!!:notallthere: :notallthere:

9. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    :dunno:

he does. what's so abnormal about him?

[​IMG]

he looks like some average black guy.

10. Baron

Baron "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Silva will get knocked out unconcious for a third consecutive time.

11. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    It's being reported that Silva is heading up an IFL-type team in Brazil along with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and others. I guess it depends on whether Silva's proposed contract with the UFC was going to stop him from participating in the Brazil team-based enterprise. Silva probably wanted a one-fight deal or he wanted to compete in the UFC but also wanted to head up his Brazilian team, which isn't UFC.

Sounds like we're not getting the full story. Vanderlei trains out of Chuteboxe, and he has a lot of stablemates. He probably wanted a non-exclusive contract.

People have to realize that UFC wants a monopoly and UFC wants people fighting ONLY for UFC. That's why Fedor hasn't signed yet. Fedor wants to be able to fight in Russia, but UFC doesn't want to let him.

12. MassaCure

MassaCure Undisputed Champion

black guys dont look normal to him

13. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Yeah what is remotely abnormal looking about Anderson Silva?

14. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

- WANDERLEI RESPONDS
    Friday, July 13, 2007 - by Jeff Cain, Transcribed by Ivan Canello

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanderlei Silva responds via video posted on his website to the allegations that he turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell for UFC 76 in September.

In the video Wanderlei stated, "I never said that I wouldn't fight Chuck. I've wanted this fight for a long time"

The former Pride champion continued, "I received a contract with two options, I could fight in September or November. I have chosed to make this fight in November. I was the first to want this fight, but they kept avoiding this fight. Now there's a lot of people saying that I have ducked Chuck. This is not true"

According to Silva, the timing for the fight to take place in September did not work for him. He explained, "I am in a moment of transition in my life. I'm going to move to the U.S. in a few weeks. I'm going to live in the U.S. and there's a lot of things happening, and I'm not focused on training the way I want to be. I always fought at the time the promoters wanted. Sometimes I did things I should not have done, but this time I won't do that anymore."

Denying he ever turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell, Silva said, "I want to fight chuck in November and make a huge show, and make it the biggest show ever...I have no doubts it's the most important fight of my life. I know Chuck is a great name in the U.S., we'll do a great fight. I think I must be in my best shape, so I want this time to train better to be in my bets shape ever."

Wanderlei asserted, "This fight is on, if he Chuck doesn't hide behind this mess."

15. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    IFL could be promoted a lot better if their production didnt suck. also, the fact that it's on that UPN-like chanel doesnt help.

i'd say drop that whole team bullshit and do it like UFC.

16. MAXWELL

MAXWELL Leap-Amateur

Is rogerio still w/ BTT? whats w/ them joining , i thought chute box guys hated them.