Rampage is BACK!!!

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Beyond the Grave, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    SMH at ya'll saying this man was done and that he was going to lose too Chuck and Henderson:nono: I had 100% faith he would win these fights and he proved me right:clap:...............Oh and for the haters..............sorry:dunno:

[​IMG]

2. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:

Well, I picked Lidell over the guy but made no pick on the Henderson fight. I disagreed with you that Jackson was better at everything than Henderson and I think I was right on that. They were pretty much even everywhere in a razor close fight that Jackson justly won. Jackson better hope Forrest Griffen beats Shogun though. LOL.

3. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Quintin can prove how good and how much he has left in the next few fights....rematches again Shogun and Silva...should be a good start..or finish...

4. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Shogun will beat the shit out of Rampage if they ever fought again, he beat Henderson on a close decision, he didn't looked impressive at all in there !!!!

5. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

that was a close fight,could have gone either way.

I really his interview afterwards..:lol:

6. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    You make it sound like Dan Henderson is a can:rolleyes:

7. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    The fight didn't seem close in the way Ya are saying it,as great as Hendo fought I couldn't give him more than two rd,no freakin way:nono:

8. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Henderson clearly won Round 1. Rampage clearly won Rounds 3 and 4. Rounds 2 and 5 could've gone either way. It was a close fight.

TFK

9. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    This ain't a right or wrong match,grow up:rolleyes: as for the fight it really wasn't a hard fight to score if you know the UFC scoring.As for Shogun,if he beats forrest he better not expect a rematch to be as easy as the first time

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  10. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Jackson finished stronger in both those rds and might have swayed the judges in giving it to him.......It did for me because those rds where even most of the time.:dunno:

11. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    so beating two p4p fighters isn't enough? I see what your saying but I would like to see the guy get credit for this instead of hate:rolleyes:

12. MassaCure

MassaCure Undisputed Champion

beat me to it

13. MassaCure

MassaCure Undisputed Champion

hes a mma newbie

14. valdosta

Home Page:
    It was a razor close match under ANY fucking rules, get real. The guy who said Henderson won round 1, and 2 and 5 were close was correct. Sorry, but it is certainly possible to have Henderson winning 3 rounds. It was a close fucking fight. Certaiinly not the mismatch that you thought it would be. Shogun will beat that ass again and make Quinton his bitch.:bears:

15. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I didn;t score the whole fight (still waiting for an answer from our resident MMA experts regarding my earlier inquiry). I thought that Rampage won the 4th and 5th, though the 5th was certainly a close round. That said, you seemed to have watched the fight with a more biased view than most around here. You don't exactly make it a secret that you're a Rampage fan.

16. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

To echo other's sentiments, Hendo won the 1st and 2nd, Jackson the 3rd and 4th, and the 5th could have gone either way.

It seemed like Jackson was wining by the 5th round, then I realized it was actually just 2 rounds a piece.

I guess the reason for that is Jackson winning rounds was obviously fresher in my mind, as the first 2 were Henderson's, then Rampage started coming on.

17. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I think there could've been a better case for Henderson beating Rampage than there could be for Bisping beating Hamil.:lol:

18. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

it's a good start...Rampage won't beat Shogun though..so he should just forget taht fight....i haven't seen silva in a while..

19. Breeze

Breeze WBC Champion

Rampage's striking has improved dramatically. He used to just throw low kicks and shoot in for a slam. He was real raw when he first came into MMA.

Even Henderson going into the fight said Rampage is a technically better striker than Silva. Silva throws better kicks but I agree that Rampage throws better punches. Silva is wild with his punches. Also Rampage leading up to the fight was training with Shane Mosley on his boxing and it showed.

I thought it was a close fight. There are two of my 5 favourite MMA fighters and I thought it was a competitve fight with Rampage winning closely but clearly. he got the better of the exchanges striking, controlled the octagon better and seemed to get better control on the ground as well.

I had Henderson winning round 1 and 2 and Rampage taking 3,4, and 5. Rampage finished the round stronger in round 2 so I can see people giving that round to Rampage.

20. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    The 2 and 5th rds where close until Jackson finished stronger in the end,thats what convinced me and the judges to give those rds too him.I'll put it like this Rampage won clearly in a close fight.:clap: .You picked Shogun? Uh Oh ,you done jinx him like you did Chuck:lol:

21. valdosta

Home Page:
    I didn't know enough about Shogun to predict him the first time. I did pick Wandy to beat Jackson both times though :bears: Sorry, no jinx. As for the endings of the rounds swaying them for jackson that is fine. However, if someone though Henderson did enough in the rest of the round that it didn't matter then they could have Henderson winning. Like I said I didn;[t have Henderson winning but I can see how some people did.

22. TKO

is 2-3 not close...?:dunno:

23. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    You late as hell :lol:

24. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    SMH at you bringing up old fights :lol: Your in a slump homey,you was too scared to pick between Rampage vs Hendo.....anyway

They need to learn how too score a mma fight because the 2 and 5 rds was close with neither fighter standing out most of those rds.I gave those rds to Jackson because he finished stronger and that makes it easier on the judges,people complain about Jackson winning close fights but the man stays busy and he knows how to win the judges over.

25. TKO

Dont touch my ears....:lol:

26. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Hamil was robbed no doubt! That was bullshit. He easily won the first two rounds. He out struck Bisping and took him down a few times too. Now way in hell did Bisping deserve that decision. I lost a lot of respect for the guy when he told hamil to go back to wrestling as if he had just been dominated. Fuck Bisping.