The TOPSY TURVY World of the Lightheavy Division...

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by REEDsART, Sep 23, 2007.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

OK...

Jardine just Beat Lidell, Griffin just Beat Rua...Jardine ALREADY Beat Griffin & Already LOST to Houston Alexander...

Alexander ISN'T Established Enough to Get a Shot @ Rampage just yet (is he???:dunno: ), so WHO does Rampage Fight Next???...

Didn't Rua BEAT Rampage N some Other Organization???...

U Could Argue that Griffin Should Fight Rampage Next, but REED is Sure that Jardine would have Something to Say about that...But if Jardine Got the Shot, No Doubt Alexander would have Something to Say about That:lol: ....

What Happens to Liddell??...& What Happens to Dan Henderson, who Lost a CLOSE fight to Rampage in their Unification Bout???:dunno: ...

Does Jardine-Griffin II Make the Most Sense...Jardine-Alexander II???...Rampage vs Griffin???...Liddell vs Rua???...Alexander vs Lidell???...

REED:cool:

2. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

i wouldnt be surprise if they put silva vs rampage next, sure silva is coming of 2 brutal ko losses, but he already beat rampage twice and, presently, I just dont see anyone really deserving a title shot.

3. Drewlius

Drewlius Scrub

You make a very good point that I didn't even think of in Jardine-Griffin II. I think this would be very good for a #1 Contenders match. In the mean time, whether it's going to sell PPV's or not, I think "Lyoto" deserves a shot at Rampage with the current state of affairs. I would like to see Jardine-Griffin II, Wanderlei-Alexander, Lyoto-Rampage, Shogun-Chuck. Who knows what they are going to do. Maybe they can convince Randy to move down to LHW to take on Rampage or Wanderlei.

Henderson will more than likely be moving to Middleweight, his normal weight.

4. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

shogun-chuck makes a lot of sense after tonight

5. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Good thread REED,the 205 division is live as fuck and I'm lovin it.:clap::clap:

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

So is Houston Alexander the Odd Man Out??...

REED:dunno:

7. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Tonight damaged it more than it helped it. Regardless, I would go with Houston Alexander. Mostly I guess because he beat Jardine and hasn't lost within his last couple fights while all the other guys lost to recently except Machida but he hasn't beat anyone to good at 205 (no nakamura is not that good).

8. Drewlius

Drewlius Scrub

Something will happen with him. I think what is really going to set the schedule for future fights is who is ready, who is healthy, & who will accept a fight with who. It's going to be an interesting couple of months & Joe Silva will be hard at work trying to figure this mess out.

9. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Thats what makes it great,he's got alot too work with

10. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Wanderlei obviously wasn't too pleased with the result.

He already has a contract with UFC, but i'm sure he'd have rather faced Chuck on a high profile main event.

11. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Hell no he wasn't,the look on his face said it all and the look on Chucks face was priceless.:lol:

12. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Now that I think about it, they should just let Wanderlai Silva fight Jackson again. He's a bit past it but he already beat that ass twice. It would make it a easy fight to market.

13. Drewlius

Drewlius Scrub

I think Silva/Houston would be the most exciting fight they can make right now. Would be an absolute slugfest.

14. Bob N. Weave

Bob N. Weave WBC Champion

Yeah, funny isn't it. We see this a lot in boxing too. LHW is stacked as shit. I think it has a lot to do with these Pride fighters coming and fighting under UFC rules and in the cage. It does make a difference and its a big adjustment.

Both Alexander and Jardine will have big fights coming up, with who its hard to tell. Alexander could use a couple more fights IMO. Hes still kinda new. Besides Jardine, he really hasn't beaten anyone. Jardine may be a little closer.

I can't believe Rua lost to Griffin! Rua seriously dominated in Pride. I didn't see the fight, but I wonder if the cage or UFC rules had anything to do with it.

I hear Hendo is moving back down to Middle where he is more effective.

Leddell needs to retire. He is 37 and is fading FAST.

Thus definately secures Rampages spot now at #1 LHW though!