Rampage is #1 !!!

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Beyond the Grave, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    :clap:

What a pathetic display by Shogun.I thought he was better than that but I guess I misjudged him...........oh well:dunno:

2. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

yep, me too, sure he raped Rampage, but I doubt that Rampage would lose to Griffin in a million fight

3. Drewlius

Drewlius Scrub

He really is a better fighter than he showed tonight. But it's starting to become a stale conversation with all of these upsets lately.

4. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Just like GSP it will be Shogun's responsibility to show it when he comes back. First thing he needs to do is have a better camp and take shit more seriously. After this loss maybe it will open his eyes.

5. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Agreed,he was pathetic tonight.I think its time to shake his routine up.

6. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

What are these fighters using in Pride that makes them look like shit when they come to the UFC and can't get away with it? :crafty:

7. Drewlius

Drewlius Scrub

Heh, that's a whole other monster that hasn't been talked about all that much. I hate to talk about that kind of shit because there isn't a real way to prove it. I'll decide to stay silent about that topic. =0

8. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    What? Steroids? :lol: Nah Its the cage and the rules that make them gass,a fighter gets pinned up against a cage you have too work your way out of it and that takes alot of stamina too do while in Pride when your pinned against the ropes the ref breaks it right away.

9. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Shogun is a stomping master. Under the UFC's rules, a large part of his weapons were disabled. But that's no excuse for that piece of sh*t performance. How do you explain getting badly gassed only into the 2nd round?
    Sure, Shogun got married 2 weeks ago and probably has been on an extended honeymoon and probably was f*cking instead of training for the most part but at the end, it's still his own responsibility to stay focused and be professional about his job.
    He should've gotten marred after the fight, not 2 weeks before it. Stupid moron!

10. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    When did Beyond the Grave start watching MMA? It seems like yesterday

11. Hanzy

Don't go jumping on Jackson's bandwagon and calling him #1.:lol: This is the UFC. Every mofo in that octagon has been or is gonna get raped sooner or later and likely by somebody whom you least expect.:clap:
    Jackson is ready to be taken at anytime.

12. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    What did I post in this thread that makes you think that?...Oh you can't think of anything? your stupid go play in traffic.

13. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:

I'm enjoying it while it last,is that a crime?:dunno:

14. Hanzy

Of course not.:lol: But Jackson's been raped in Pride so many times I'd lost count. His days are numbered. And not just him. EVERY fighter who steps into that octagon, no matter the hype around them, is going to eat canvas. Wanderlei Silva too will be destroyed.
    War TUF fighters!!!!!! :laughing: Who'd have thought the TUF fighters would be tearing up the champions and supposed legends of the octagon/Pride last night in Chuck and Shogun?
    This might be bad for the longevity and reputation of the UFC but it's fun as hell to see. :clap:

15. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Actually, I think Dana White loves that his 'homegrown' fighters are beating the top guys. It may hurt in the short term, as a Liddell\Silva fight, if it does ever come off, loses a lot of luster (Wandy's last 2 losses already did that though), but it gives a sense of legitimacy to TUF, and the stars of the future will be fighters the average fan has seen from the start, not some guy who they never saw before that they heard was good in some Japanese league.

TFK

16. Hanzy

Agreed. Good post. I just don't know if I personally can embrace many of the TUF guys. Regardless of Griffin beating Shogun or Jardine beating Liddell, I don't think all too highly of the skill level of either one. Especially seeing Griffin butchered by Jardine and Jardine pummelled by Alexander so easily.
    Well on the bright side, I say 'F*ck all these hype jobs and stars' and just let things happen as they may. Nobody is going to rule the octagon, there is no major contrast in skill level anymore. It seems mostly success is based on who has the superior cardio. I think if you're tall and strong in your weight class and have very good cardio, then you have a chance to beat anybody in your class. Skills can be nullified with reach, height and determination for the most part.
    I'm wondering if Fedor too will get dealt with in much the same way if he makes it to the UFC. His fellow Pride guys have been getting eaten up in the cage.

17. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Your intial post. Have you ever seen Shogun fight before? Is this the first time, and all you did was go by hype?

18. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Yes!!. that's why I said he looked like ass,he's a waaay better fighter than what he showed last night,sorry that I misunderstood your post.I thought you was being a dick lol

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  19. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Its cool.

20. TFK

With the horrible conditioning Shogun came into the octogon with on Saturday, you'd have thought his last name was Tua, not Rua.

TFK

21. Hanzy

I bet you thought of that one for a while before you posted it, TFK.:lol::tease:

22. Explosivo

Explosivo Undisputed Champion

That is one thing you gotta admit about Forrest .......he always has incredible cardio.

23. Hanzy

This is true. He takes cardio training very seriously and that's where fights are won and lost for the most part. He had more left in his tank than both Tito and Shogun. From a skills perspective, he was not in their league, but he had superior stamina.
    If only these other morons weren't such egotistical brats.

24. TFK

When I came up with it, I couldn't get to my computer fast enough to post it.

TFK

25. Hanzy

:lol: