Should Chuck stick around or call it quits?

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Beyond the Grave, Sep 26, 2007.

?

Leave or Stay

1. Retire and secure his legacy

57.1%
  2. Keep fighting to make money off of.

42.9%
  1. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    The talent at 205 is waaaaay better than it was when he was undefeated in what? the last two years I think? and its only going to become more deeper over time,He'll most likely lose more fights than win unless its against a fighter that suits his style (Ground Fighters with no standup game)

with that being said,should he retire and secure whatever legacy he has left? or stick around?

2. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I think he should take some time off, go to rehab, get clean, then he can think about a comeback.

Like I said in the Results thread, Chuck looked like he had been up for days coming into the fight. Rogan kept mentioning Liddell's 'Rock Star Lifestyle', which I guess is a nice way of saying he does a lot of blow.

I wouldn't be surprised if he fails his post fight drug test.

TFK

3. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    It wouldn't of mattered,Jardine is a better standup fighter than Chuck,history's has show that if Chuck can't hurt you he cant beat you and Jardine took his best shots good.

4. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I'm not saying it mattered or using it as an excuse, as Chuck just got outclassed on Saturday. I'm just saying it's obvious his 'Rock Star Lifestyle' as Rogan called it, is getting the best of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hFlYS-nMFw

TFK

5. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:

Lidell should retire he is done. Had a great career, time to retire though.

6. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    Chuck should retire. Will he. no. And honestly, why the hell would he? He is a fighter, and he is getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight right now. I am sure his purse in his next fight won't be 500,000 again, but it won't be under 200,000 is my guess and thats still enough to make Chuck get in the Octagon. Like TFK, I would love to see Chuck regroup. Get whatever help he needs and comeback focused for a fight with Silvia. If he lost that then he would be way down the totem pole and unless he wants to be a gatekeeper it would be time to go.

7. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    He WILL be a gatekeeper.The talent at 205 is waaay better than when Chuck was champion.

8. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Honestly, it's not much better at all. The only real improvement to the 205 division in the UFC is Jackson. Then again with Couture back at heavyweight that offsets. Are guys like Jardine and Griffen really better than guys like Couture,Ortiz,Belfort, etc,etc....of course not.

9. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

In just a matter of a few months, Chuck went from the most dominant fighter in the UFC's 205lb division to being an old man who needs to retire. Maybe a Chuck vs Tommy Morrison fight isn't looking all that bad right now.:clap: