Shogun clears rumors after Forrest fight...getting ready for knee surgery.

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Beyond the Grave, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Source:
    http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Shogun-Ta...Scheduled.html

First, he makes no excuses as to why he lost, as he gives Forrest all the credit in the world.

He does clear up some rumors...

“I was Really very sad, was the worse defeat of my careerâ€, declared Shogun. Previously, a broken arm - in the fight against Mark Coleman - and a finishing against Renato “Babalu†Sobral in 2003 had been the only defeats of the "curitibano".

“I had never gassed as i gassed in this fight. But he does not advance to invent excuses, the error was mine, I did not train as he would have, I did not concentrate myself, had had other things that had confused, but it also had merits. "I learned a lesson from this and now i will have to train to comeback strongerâ€, relieved the fighter.

In the fight, the breath lack made with that the "curitibano" searched all the time to knock down Griffin, but without success. The exchange of blows also was engaged. “As i gassed, i wanted to decide on the ground, in a top position. At the beginning, the objective was to fight standing and to decide there, but as the time went by, i got very tiredâ€, lamented.

Beyond the problems in the preparation, Shogun also blamed an injury in one of the knees as one of the problems faced for him in the last two months. “I busted the ligament during trainings, I was limited, i could not run, i could not thresh right. Still though, i trained sufficiently, but not enoughâ€, he affirmed.

To decide the problem, Shogun disclosed that “it will go for the surgery†already on this friday (28). “I'll have a knee surgery on friday and must be away from training for the next three months. For what I talked with the master Rudimar (Fedrigo), I'll only comeback to fight in January or Februaryâ€. The goal, although the defeat, follows being the same one: “The goal is the belt, the fight continuesâ€, concluded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) I'm assuming distractions mean his September marriage, brothers fight, as well as dealing with the injury.

Marriage Source:
    http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Shogun-Ge...os-Inside.html

Knee Injury Months before the fight Source:
    http://ufcmania.com/2007/06/28/ufc-7...s-not-serious/

2) He said he NEVER used steroids in PRIDE.

3) It seems that he will have to get knee surgery to fix the knee, so I guess there doesn't appear to be a way for Liddell or anyone for that matter to be fighting him anytime soon.

No excuses! So don't post that crap up, because this is not an EXCUSE thread. Just info he gave about his last fight.

Hope that clears up a few things.

2. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

If those aren't excuses then there is no such thing as excuses. :lol:

3. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

are you on his team or something?

4. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    It is what it is,we all knew something wasn't right and he cleared it up and he gave full credit to Griffin.:dunno:

5. MAXWELL

MAXWELL Leap-Amateur

Is it me or is shoguns laundry of excuses sounds almost thesame as the one that tito made when he almost got beat by forrest?

I never saw the fight live, and i thought [from what i read] that shogun got dominated by griffin but when i sawit , i was surprised that the fight is not as one sided as some people made it out to be.

6. Haymaker

true, but the shocking part is Griffin beating Shogun by submission

7. CleanYourClock

CleanYourClock "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Damm , its to the point that people can't even talk about anything anymore without being accused of making excuses. :dunno:
    I'm sure he isn't having real knee surgery as a cover for losing.

It's ashame that people can't even state facts without people calling them exuse makers. What happend is what happend , that is the story. However that doesn't mean its some sort of excuse.

If someone is late getting to work because they were in a car accident , thats a fact , not an excuse.

8. Haymaker

If he made the statement before the fight, it's ok....but to whine and offer an "explanation" is BS and an excuse in disguise.

9. CleanYourClock

CleanYourClock "Twinkle Toes" McJack

That doesn't mean its an excuse. That could very well simply be the real story and he is only saying anything simply because he was asked.

Last week I played this guy in a game of pool. He beat me.
    I said I lost because of the stick I was using.
    The guy looked at me. I changed my stick and beat him the next 6 games straight.

That was not an excuse , that was a fact.
    Sorry for him if he didn't believe what I was telling him was a fact and not an excuse.