Tito Ortiz was right about Dana White and Zuffa

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Beyond the Grave, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Tito Ortiz came out about this waaaaaay before Randy and he got shitted on for it.I think he's looking pretty legit right now:clap:

2. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Tito has fought for his rights and for the rights of his fellow fighters, he's always been outspoken and made his stance known about the business side of the UFC when it comes to money thus doing all he could to get more money.
    But Tito's argument regarding money was never a surprise. After every UFC ppv event, the NSAC would release the payscale for fighters and everytime there would be tremendous criticism concerning the pay or lack of it given to some fighters.
    I think the sh*t hit the fan once we all saw what they paid Keith Jardine a few weeks ago against Chuck Liddell. 7K flat with a 7K win bonus. And this is from a ppv event that did, like most UFC ppv events, excellent business at the gate and ppv sales.
    So while Jardine gets 14K for taking out a top 3 LH and former champion Liddell who got 500K, Dana is throwing out millions of dollars to a man who has never done anything to help the UFC gain notoriety.
    Like we all knew before over the past few years, Dana has been lowballing his fighters.

3. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    His fighters allowed themselves to be lowballed.

4. Hanzy

Perhaps so. But we'll see how long this trend continues. Not that it should matter to any of us. All we should care about is watching the fights. But since Couture has made the issue public, more people, especially fighters, may step up and make their opinions heard.

5. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Randy's contract was on a per-fight basis correct? If so, couldn't he sign a one fight contract with the organization Fedor inked with and not have UFC being able to block it? :dunno:

6. Hanzy

There's no concrete info provided about Randy's contract. Everybody is saying something different. Dana says he's locked in for 2 fights, Randy says it's a fight by fight basis, somebody else is saying something else.....:dunno:
    I'm sure we'll know soon enough the full details.

7. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Assuming it's a fight by fight one, that should tecnhically mean he could fight Fedor then i would assume. :clap:

I'm sure bodog are whatever the name of the organization Fedor signed with would give Randy a good one time payday for the fight.

8. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    The UFC will become victims of the great Capotolist Free Market. They thought they could run everything and that PRIDE was their only competition. You will see many new organizations in the next 5 years and unless Dana White and Co, pan out some real cash for their fighters, they will lose them.

9. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Now Henderson has turned down a UFC contract.

10. Hanzy

I predict Dana White will no longer be President by the end of next year. He's a shortsighted fool. There's only so long he can run with the "I made the UFC what it is" bullsh*t. Sure, the TUF series on Spike helped catapult the UFC and created mega interest. But to keep this sh*t going is another thing altogether. This moron has enemies, he's not going to be fit for his job too much longer with the way things are going, not to mention his reputation going down the sh*tter with his pathetic ignorant attitude and gigantic ego.
    He's not the man who can represent the UFC in a positive light, especially with all the crap that comes out of his mouth which makes both him and the UFC the laughing stock of the sports world.

11. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

The UFC will always have one thing that none of the other organizations have: The Ultimate Fighter. They can make stars, lock them into unilateral contracts and make money doing so.

12. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Everything I have warned TFK about over the last year is coming true already. :laughing: