T.U.F. !!!

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by REEDsART, Nov 1, 2007.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

:bears: :bears:

REED Looooooooooves this Show!!...PROPS to BOB N' WEAVE, who's Been Telling REED for AWHILE that he Should Watch the Show...

Last Night, REED Turned the Channel AWAY from Basketball (& the Season JUST Started 2 Days Ago), Cause T.U.F. was Coming On...

Like Bob N' Weave Said, this Show SHITS on "The Contender"...It's More GRITTY, More EDGY....

Spike had a Marathon Last Week & REED Caught Up w/the Episodes he MISSED...

The Only "Downer" for REED is that the 2 Brothers on the Show have ALREADY Been ELIMINATED, EACH by 1st Round Losses:lol: ...REED was SHOCKED by How TIMID J-Rock Fought...Dude is the PICTURE of "Toughness"...Mohawk, RIPPED Physique & he Actually Looked GOOD in Practices...

But when it was Time to FIGHT, Dude Looked like a LAMB Waiting to B DEVOURED by a Lion or Something...

Nonetheless, Great,GREAT Show!!!...

REED:cool:

ps. WHO's Gonna Win when Serra & Hughes Meet in the Octagon:dunno: ???

2. NeighborMike

NeighborMike Senior Member

Home Page:
    my friend war machine fights next week

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

U KNOW War Machine???:eeeek: :eeeek:

He LOOKS like a Fighter...SQUARE Jaw, Physique, Hand Grenade TATTED on his Neck:lol: ...Looks Ain't EVERYTHING, but REED Bets Not Many Cats Fuck w/that Dude on the Street...

Aside from J-Rock, War Machine LOOKS the Most like a "Fighter"...

REED has Seen a Snippet of J-Rock & War Machine Getting N 2 a Physical Altercation in the Crib, but it Hasn't Been a part of Any of the Actual Episodes yet...

U have Any Details on that???

REED:dunno:

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

The Fight from Last Week was AWESOME...

Barrera vs. the Goofy Guy from Team Serra...Speaking of "Looking" like a Fighter, the Goofy Guy Definitely DOESN'T, yet he Fought his Ass off...

He was Actually SMILING Seconds After Getting his Nose Broken...& he Had Barrera Contemplating QUITTING for a Minute...They were Bleeding ALL OVER Each Other:lol: ...

This MMA Shit is DEFINITELY Growing on REED...REED's Daughters ALREADY Like it MORE than they Like Boxing, Cause of the Level of CONSISTENT Violence...

Just the Other Day, Spike Aired a Show Called "UFC-Ultimate Knockouts"...REED's Jaw was DROPPED for the ENTIRE Hour...

REED:clap:

5. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Last night's was the 1st episode I missed this season, as I was doing some side work last night, and never though to tape it. I read the recap though, and it seemed like a decent episode. I'm sure I'll catch it down the road, as Spike is always running TUF marathons.

You're right though, TUF shits all over The Contender, and The Next Great Champ, which were pretty much unwatchable.

Overall, the show is a bit hokey and very post produced and predictable, but it does gives you an opportunity to get to know the fighters that will be fighting on UFC PPV's in the upcoming years on a somewhat personal level, which allows the viewer to make an emotional investment in the fighters, which of course leads to PPV buys.

I know the Contender and TNGC have been awful, but I'm amazed HBO or Showtime haven't done thier own boxing reality show, as they could use the show to develop their own Network fighters for years to come. Wouldn't ShoBox cards be more compelling if you actually knew something about the fighters other then their record and maybe seeing their names on a boxing website?

Chances are an HBO or Showtime 'created' fighter won't ever become a future P4P King or even a PPV Main Eventer, but the reality show concept could sure help build their undercards, which is something they desperately need to do.

TFK

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Anyone???

REED:dunno: :dunno:

7. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Hughes

8. TFK

If I had to bet, I would pick Hughes. Serra is a very good fighter, but he isn't elite by any means.

TFK

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Well HOPEFULLY that PPV Card will B STACKED, Cause Since REED has Become FAMILIAR w/Serra & Hughes, he's Inclined to BUY their Fight...

10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

It's Funny...

When REED 1st Started Watching T.U.F., he DISliked Serra & LIKED Hughes, but the Loooooooooooooonger the Shows Lasts, REED DISlikes Hughes More & LIKES Serra More...

Hughes is 1 of those ARROGANTLY Religious Types...Serra's High Strung, yet he's a COOL Dude @ the Core...

11. TFK

Which is exactly what the show is supposed to do. Hype Serra as 'the good guy', hype Hughes as 'the bad guy'. And I think they do a good job of it. If anything, TUF has turned Serra into a star, which is good, because he is a likable guy with a great BJJ game. They wouldn't have been able to do that without TUF.

In my opinion, whoever came up with the idea of Hughes and Serra to be coaches should get a raise, because their personalities make for good TV. The only drawback was it held up the fight way too long.

Reed, if you're considering buying a UFC PPV, I suggest UFC 78. There is no marquee main event, but it's 5 excellent matchups, with, in my opinion, a potential fight of the year, in Frank Edgar\Spencer Fisher. I think, fight for fight, it's a much better card then UFC 79.

Hughes\Serra is a great matchup, and Liddell\Silva, while almost all of the luster is gone, is still an interesting fight. It's almost the MMA equivalent of the Jones\Tito fight coming up. But the rest of the rumored card is average at best.

UFC 78: NOVEMBER 17, 2007 IN NEW JERSEY

Main Card Bouts:
    -Rashad Evans vs. Michael Bisping
    -Karo Parisyan (#6 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Ryo Chonan
    -Spencer Fisher vs. Frankie Edgar
    -Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva
    -David Terrell vs. Ed Herman

Preliminary Bouts:
    -Thiago Alves vs. Chris Lytle
    -Akihiro Gono vs. Tamdan McCrory
    -Marcus Aurelio vs. Luke Caudillo
    -Joe Lauzon vs. Jason Reinhardt

UFC 79: DECEMBER 29, 2007 IN LAS VEGAS
    venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada

-Matt Serra (#1 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Matt Hughes (#3 Welterweight in the World)*
    -Chuck Liddell (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Wanderlei Silva (#5 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
    -Dean Lister vs. Jordan Radev
    -Rich Clementi vs. Melvin Guillard
    -Roan Carneiro vs. TBA
    -Doug Evans vs. TBA

TFK

12. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

To me guys on this over try to do something controversial. Dana Wite can't complete a sentance without saying fuck 3 times.That guy couldn't even take being away from his girl. J-Dogs dad died and he stayed on the contender.

The best thing about TUF is they show you the whole fight but this season is no where near as good as season 5.

13. Bob N. Weave

Bob N. Weave WBC Champion

Told Ya so! :cool:

Sorry about the brothas Reed. Although at least you can look forward to watching 2 of the brothas that I certainly loove to watch in the next UFC event. Ill probably catch it at a local bar. Houston Alexander will be stepping it up again. "I love this dude, he is pretty damn intense." Also we get to watch Rashad Evans "season 2 TUF winner" hopefully KTFO of that prick Bisping "season 3 TUF winner". Remember that prick won the disputable decision against the deaf dude? War Rashad! Bisping is a prick!

BTW I gotta go with Hughes. Although I would love to see Serra win. Hughes is pretty damn good.

14. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Hughes is talking retirement, he says he'll be done within 2-3 fights. Not the right attitude leading up to a title shot.:nono:
    Serra is gonna rape this motherf*cker and you know what? It's not gonna go to the ground except at the end when Hughes' body hits the mat hard and Serra unloads leading to a most brutal stoppage.:clap: Serra by TKO.:cool:

15. Bob N. Weave

You may be right. Hughes definately has a pathetic stand up game. And Serra can bang.

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Watched George St. Pierre WHIP Hughes via Stand Up...

17. Bob N. Weave

Lol yeah, GSP fucked him up. :bears:

18. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED is VERY High on Houston Alexander...

@ the Moment, REED Actually likes him BETTER than Rampage Jackson, Amongst the MMA Brothers (REED's Only Seen them Fight 1 Time Each)...& 1nce Alexander Gets ESTABLISHED Enough, REED would Loooooooooove to See those 2 Go @ it...

Checking Out the Friday Night MMA Replays, REED has Seen Rashad Evans 1nce or Twice...Hopefully he Brings Bisping DOWN a Notch, Cause Bisping was a Bit Tooooooooo ARROGANT after Arguably LOSING to the Deaf Guy...He was Walking around like he KO'ed the Dude in the 1st Round or Something:rolleyes: ...

REED is VERY Impressed w/the COMMITTMENT Spike has Shown to MMA...It's Made it VERY Easy for REED to Get Into the Sport...REED has YET to Order even 1 PPV, yet he's REGULARLY Watching the Shit...& Like REED Said, his Daughters ALREADY like it More than Boxing...

The Level of Violence is SHOCKING @ Times...

19. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

It's too bad you didn't get a chance to see Pride during its best years. It was even more brutal than the UFC because it had legalized moves that you only see on the streets such as stomping your foot right down on a man's face.:eeeek: Wanderlei Silva did this better than anybody.
    Pride had its share of awesome fights and brutal knockouts. You'd be soaking that sh*t up right now.
    Fox Sports plays it a little but they edit out all the best stuff.

20. Bob N. Weave

Take a look at the highlights clips thread in the MMA forums that was recently posted. Some good shit in there.:bears:

21. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Hughes will beat Serra. He's too strong, Serra is practically a midget. He will get taken down, over powered and pounded out or until the ref save him.

22. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Then GSP will beat the shit out of Hughes once again. :bears:

23. TFK

Then Serra will beat the shit out of GSP once again.

TFK

24. *Z*

That will never happen again.

25. *Z*

Most likely yes. Hughes is still live in that fight though. He beat him once.

26. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    i think it's on tommorow after TNA wrestling, around 10 or eleven.

27. ArturoGatti

Home Page:
    I want the little Greek guy to win the whole thing.

28. ArturoGatti

Home Page:
    what wto brothers? :dunno:

edit: nevermind.

29. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

30. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Pride going out of business was the worse thing that could happen to MMA IMO