EliteXC

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by TFK, Nov 11, 2007.

1. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

SHOWTIME BOUTS
    -Nick Diaz vs. K.J. Noons
    -Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. Bo Cantrell
    -Jake Shields (#8 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Mike Pyle
    -Seth Kleinbeck vs. Kyle Noke
    -Antonio Silva vs. Jonathan Wiezorek

TFK

2. TFK

Silva demolished Wiezorek. Took him down, hammered him, and choked him out in the 1st with little effort.

Silva looks solid at 265. He's gonna be a force in the heavyweight division.

EliteXC needs to sign Ben Rothwell and make Silva\Rothwell.

TFK

3. TFK

Noke beats Kleinbeck via doctor's stoppage in the 2nd.

It was a close fight, tough to score, Noke landed a wicked elbow through Kleinbeck's guard that opened up a deep cut over his eye. It didn't bleed much, but it was deep and nasty looking.

Good stoppage.

TFK

4. TFK

Shields chokes out Pyle with the rear naked in the 1st.

Pyle nailed Shields with a knee early, but that was all the offense he got in.

TFK

5. TFK

Kimbo KO's Cantrell in 19 seconds. Cantrell looked terrified coming in. Like a prime Tyson opponent.

Cantrell tried a spinning backfist, missed, Kimbo landed a body punch and an elbow, Cantrell went down face first and tapped immediately before Kimbo even got a chance to try and finish.

Pathetic non effort by Cantrell. They should hold his purse for that.

It's a win for Kimbo, his first official win, but it showed us nothing.

TFK

6. TFK

KJ Noons bloodies and batters Nick Diaz, and the ref stopped the fight in between rounds 1 and 2. Diaz was pissed off and stormed out of the cage, flipping the bird the whole way.

But it was a good stoppage by the ref, as Diaz was cut over both eyes, pretty bad.

Pretty good upset, but I'm happy about it, as Diaz is a douchebag.

Noons is your first EliteXC 160 LB champion.

TFK

7. Bob N. Weave

Bob N. Weave WBC Champion

Elite XC is worthless.

8. Gh77

Gh77 Leap-Amateur

I'm glad Diaz lost. A lot of people are huge Diaz fans and it drives me up a wall. Sure he's got some skills, but he acts like a fucking 16 year old...

9. TFK

[​IMG]

How weak was that? Cantrell should have his purse upheld.

TFK

10. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva vs Kimbo Slice! Make it happen Gary Shaw! :clap:

11. Bob N. Weave

Bob N. Weave WBC Champion

Bo Cantrell was tapping faster than a kid playing track and field on Nintendo.:slap:

12. Kaliber44

Kaliber44 Im Banned

So was the Mercer fight unofficial???

13. TFK

That fight was an exhibition.

Here's what Noons did to Diaz...

[​IMG]

TFK

14. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Didn't Noons get his ass kicked by Crazy Horse in the first EliteXC show (or at least the first one on Showtime)? I'm hazy with the names on that side of the fighting fence, but thought that was the guy.

TFK, what's your overall opinion of EliteXC (and ShoXC, for that matter)? I watched the show I attended live (obviously) and a couple of others, but felt like something was missing, as if it were watered down. The few UFC cards I've seen are much better. Just curious if others with a more qualified opinion feel the same, or if you find value in all of these shows.

15. TFK

I like EliteXC, and was entertained by last night's card, but it is suffering from some obvious growing pains. Comparing it to UFC isn't fair, as UFC has over a decade head start, and since Zuffa took over, they have really evolved. EliteXC is still trying to find it's place and figure out what it wants to be. With them being shown on a national forum like Showtime, it's easy to forget they've only been around less then a year.

I think they need to lose the Nitro Girls, and their announcing crew is terrible, and I have no idea what the purpose of the DJ was, but those are things that should be fixed over time.

With them being on Showtime, that gives them more legitimacy then Bodog, K-1, M-1, Strikeforce and all the other non UFC competitors. So if they can build their own stars (Noons, Kimbo, Bigfoot, Carano, etc) and concentrate more on the steak and less on the sizzle, I think they can suceed. The crowd seemed to be very live on the TV broadcast.

For right now, I think they're a fun promotion to watch, and I'll give them my support. But they have the potential for big things if they learn from their mistakes and don't try to become too big too quick.

TFK

16. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Yes Jake, Crazy Horse knocked Noons out in the first EliteXC show on Showtime.

17. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I watched the slow motion replay about 2 dozen times and that right punch/elbow by Kimbo barely grazed Cantrell's chin. That was extremely disappointing, but great marketing. I have a feeling Kimbo is going to play a huge role in EliteXC's success or failure. The guy is an intimidating figure and that will sell to the MMA newcomers crowd.

18. Hanzy

I'd put him in there with Antonio Bigfoot Silva in the next card. Then we'll see what Bas Rutten has truly taught him when he's fending off his back against a man his own size or stronger. Not a piece of sh*t no-talent handpicked fodder like Cantrell.

19. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I agree.. But by saying that we have taken the attitude that Shaw wants us too. We are clamoring to see Kimbo in with a real MMA Talent. Mission Accomplished for EliteXC. They put Kimbo in with a shiity fighter and now he is in demand.

20. Hanzy

Same goes for every fighter, we want to see them against real competition. Especially when that fighter is on a high and is talking into the camera yelling "Who wants some......Who wants some?!?!?!
    Step up to a real fighter who is in his prime and can hit back. There's no reason why they can't put together a Kimbo/Antonio Silva match, both looked impressive against fodder in that same event.