Best Matchup Between Two Elite Fighters?

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by whiskey, Nov 17, 2007.

1. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

The best fights i've seen in MMA have between the guys lower on the "totem pole" when it comes to quality.

From my personal viewing experience, most of the matchups between big time fighters (head to head) have been dissapointing.

Some exceptions i've seen were:

Fedor -Cro Cop
    Wandelei - Rampage

I know those aren't the only ones. List some other great fights among the elite ...

2. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Fedor/Noguira I and III were quite interesting. The Sambo master vs the BJJ master! The Sambo guy won, executing up to 8 takedowns in a single fight and having his way while the BJJ master had no ability whatsoever to lock in a submission. But it could've been more a case of superior physical strength that was the determining factor as opposed to just skill as Fedor had his way with Noguira for much of the contests. The man had sick ground and pound.

Tito/Couture was interesting. Both were elite at the time of the fight, but now Tito is more of a gatekeeper. It was fun to see Couture humiliate the cocky wrestler.

3. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    BJ Penn/Huges was a great tactical fight IMO. wasn't much of a crowd pleaser but I enjoyed it.:popcorn: