Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by TFK, Nov 20, 2007.

1. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5096&zoneid=13

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="92%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
    <TR><TD align=left><CENTER><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://69.46.29.191/abm.asp?z=1"></SCRIPT><OBJECT id=budobanner codeBase=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0 height=60 width=468 align=middle classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000>

<embed src=" http://69.46.29.191/banners/budobanner.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#333333" width="468" height="60" name="budobanner" align="middle" allowsciptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /> </OBJECT></CENTER>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- UFC ANNOUNCES SILVA VS. HENDERSON[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sunday, November 18, 2007 - by MMAWeekly.com[/FONT]
    <HR><CENTER>[​IMG]
    </CENTER>The Ultimate Fighting Championship, at the post-fight press conference in New Jersey, announced that Pride 183-pound division champion Dan Henderson has finally relented and has agreed to fight UFC champion Anderson Silva.

The bout is to take place sometime in March, which would most likely be at the UFC’s return to Columbus, Ohio on March 1 at Nationwide Arena.

Henderson suffered a disappointing decision loss in his return to the UFC last September, when he lost to current light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson. Despite that loss, he had steadfastly said he wanted to remain in the 205-pound class.

Silva has dominated the middleweight division since debuting in the UFC with a 49-second TKO of Chris Leben in June of 2006. He has finished all five of his fights in the Octagon, only two of them going outside the first round.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

2. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    I was going to post it but was too lazy lol.This will be a great match and I like Silva in this one Hendo's had stamina issues at 185 in the past and is not a young man.IMO he should be at 205.

3. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

This was the fight I was waiting to see....game on.

4. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    usually I agree with most of your posts, dog, but we are far apart on this one. Henderson is a veteran of the game. He will make 185 and make it easy because he will start now. He is going to manhandle silva. Think about this, dog. He held his own against the best 205 pounder in the world in Jackson. Not only did he hold his own, but he looked damn good against him. Silva would get brutalized by Jackson. IMHO, Hendo is going to rip 185 a new asshole.

5. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

Yeh that was a close fight and could have gone either way....

6. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    friendly wager?

7. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I agree.

8. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Exactly .I thought he looked alot better at 205 than he did at 185 and it showed against Jackson but when he gets down to 185 his stamina takes a hit and I'm just going by his 185lbs fights in Pride though.I didn't think he'd take this fight and for a minute he wasn't,they must be given him serious dough on the side:clap: I wish him luck and if he can make weight and maintain the stamina he showed against Jackson he can win this fight but lets not act like A.Silva is a small 185lber he's alot bigger and stronger than he looks.I think if Silva survives the first two rds his chances are good IMO

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  9. ArturoGatti

Home Page:
    That's how I see it too, POV. :bears:

10. jarhead

Operations Manager
    kiss my ass Gatti and get off BYG's nutts:flip: :lol:

but, you guys bring up a great point about silva lasting the first two rounds. But IMO you are banking on Hendo gassing in the final 3 rounds. Hendo's Greco style is so hard to handle, Jackson would attest to that. I don't see Silva being able to do shit. I may eat crow on this if the stamina becomes an issue, but I see Hendo realizing the oppurtunity he has to make some serious cash as the man to beat at 185. Like I said, Dan has been around the block, he won't come in unprepared:nono:

I'd do a sig bet with you guys but we kind of like all the same fighters so it makes not too much sense:lol: And no Gatti, I don't make wagers for sexual favors.

11. ArturoGatti

Home Page:
    sig bet it is?

12. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    I was impressed with that and the way he used the cage against Jackson but he's going to have to take some serious licks to get in that position.In MMA Silva's standup is the best in the biz IMO

13. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Hendo :bears:

Silva is really good, I like watching him fight. He is an excellent striker, but Hendo is a TOUGH powerhouse, Silva won't be able to hurt him easily.

I think Hendo manhandles him in a close but clear decision.

14. jarhead

Operations Manager
    Silva's standup is top notch. But lets not forget that Hendo can throw some hands as well. Not too mention the guy is a fucking rock. His chin is outstanding.

I'm stoked this fight is on. I see it very similar to Mexicanweddingshirt, close but clear decision. Possibly even a stoppage for Hendo.:cheer: