Fedor\Choi on New Years Eve

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by TFK, Nov 20, 2007.

1. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5107&zoneid=13

Another can for Fedor.

TFK

2. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    you're right will be an easy fight for Fedor, but he will look astonishing for brutalizing such a huge man and UFC will still be without the most dynamic fighter in all of MMA. :doh:

3. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    That doesn't say much about the UFC.The so called big daddy of MMA couldn't even sign the best fighter in the world :lol:

4. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    To me it says a lot about Fedor's reluctance to fight the best these days. he don't get a free pass.

5. jarhead

Operations Manager
    Fedor would fight the best anywhere. The UFC just won't let their fighters fight him on. The UFC doesn't want to let its fighters fight anyone outside the UFC stronghold even on a fight by fight basis. Fedor is establishing Free Agency in MMA. And as fighters in the UFC see his paychecks and then see their own, the tide will start moving away.:nono:

6. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    MMA may be entertainment to you but its a job to them and the goal is to make as much money as possible and if it means giving up a 1 number one position(Fedors been there done that) or beating the "best"(Fedors been there done that already) so be it.If an MMA fighter had a choice between money and being the best you better believe they'll choose the money:lol: That's just the reality of it.I'm happy for Fedor though ,he at a stage in his career where its time to make some money before he steps out of the game and M1 provided the better deal than the big bad UFC :laughing:

7. valdosta

Home Page:
    No it won't because organizaions like M-1 crash and burn losing tons of money in the process. I don;t like the UFC but the fact is they are the only profittable MMA organization around. The other places are a blip on the radar in MMA. Although I would say the Elite XC shows are pretty good. Anyways, in the end some of you are applauding Fedor for fighting Hong Man Choi which is a complete and utter joke. This is an awfull fight. :nono: Fedor's legacy isn;t as air tight as many of you seem to think it is.

8. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    True motherfuckin talk.The UFC is hurting MMA with it bullshit exclusives and refusing to work with other promotions around the world while M-1 on the other hand seems WILLING to do so......and believe me the UFC fighters see's Fedors paycheck :lol:

9. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    That remains to be seen and lets hope for the sake of the sport that it doesn't happen.

10. valdosta

Home Page:
    I wonder how many free passes some of you think Fedor deserves. I mean this guy is supposed to be the best MMA fighter in all the world. Yet he is fighting MW's and complete cans at this point. In fact it makes me laugh uncontrollably when people talk bad about Floyd's competition and then I look at what Fedor is doing. This would be like Floyd Mayweather fighting Eric Crumble.

11. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    I'm not giving him a pass,he's in for the money and at this stage of his career he should be.He's already done what you are asking of him.

12. valdosta

Home Page:
    No he hasn't. The heavyweight division sucks but it don't suck that bad. Not to the point where if you beat 3 good heavyweights that you cleaned out the whole division. Fedor has become a complete and utter joke. I guess if Floyd fought Eric Crumble you could say the same thing since he beat more than 3 good fighters. :bears:

13. jarhead

Operations Manager
    so what you want is for Fedor to compromise his own. Give up to the mighty UFC so he can fight in their shitty ass HW division and give up everything he has worked so hard to get and maintain to the UFC just so you are satisfied that he wiped his ass with Tim Silvia and Arlovski? Its a ludicrous statement. You say Fedor has become a joke, but in my eyes the UFC has become a joke. I know many fighters and train in boxing and MMA myself. I am just a scrub that likes to get down after work. But there are many fighters in my gym that are legit and have even fought in the UFC and all of them applaude Fedor.

14. valdosta

Home Page:
    You can call the UFC heavyweight division shitty if you want. However at this point it is MUCH better than anywhere else. Let me ask again, this guy is supposed to be the best MMA fighter in the entire world. Should he be fighting Middleweights and guys like hong Man Choi? :doh:

15. jarhead

Operations Manager
    NO. He should be fighting Randy. But the UFC stepped in and wouldn't let it happen unless Fedor signed with them. They wouldn't let Fedor fight in a one fight contract against Randy. So Fedor told Dana to fuck himself. Now he's out getting some coin. Its low risk, high reward. If Dana White gave a shit about you and me, he would let the fight happen. But like the spoiled brat he is, he'd rather take his ball and go home.

16. valdosta

Home Page:
    No 1 fighter is bigger than any organization. Dana White did his best to get Fedor, Fedor made to many demands so he didn't sign him. Fedor took his ball and went and fought Hong man Choi in another disgracefull fight.

17. jarhead

Operations Manager
    Seriously....are you like and admin asst for Dana White:lol:

You really don't believe Dana White "did his best" do you?:laughing: Dana White is used to everyone sucking his cock for "a shot" in the UFC. Now the best MMA fighter in the world tells him how its gonna be and he shuts down the deal. Dana White would rather have a guy like Joe Rogan tell him how great the UFC is than get down to the nuts and bolts with Fedor. He could have signed Fedor to a fight with Randy. But he wanted a longterm contract and Fedor said no. You tell BYG to get out of Fedor's ass, my thought is Dana White is balls deep in your ass and you just smile and ask for a reach around.

18. valdosta

Home Page:

Fedor was offered a lot of money to come and fight in the UFC. He decided to fight elsewhere. Like i said, White did his best, but the bitch was unsignable. BYG says that Fedor is just fighting for money, well the UFC put out a pretty good deal and Fedor didn;t take it. he turned down the organization with the only respectable heavyweights so he could fight Hong man Choi.

19. jarhead

Operations Manager

I've noticed you don't accept anything anyone else says in this matter. Everyone knows, including you, that Fedor had one thing he wouldn't budge on. He didn't want a multi-fight contract. Dana wouldn't do anything without it. It was the deal breaker and Dana knew it. So Fedor walked with his free agency.

20. valdosta

Home Page:
    Like I said, no fighter is bigger than an organization. I wouldn't sign him to a 1 fight deal either that makes no sense. However fighting Hong man Choi, yeah that makes a TON of sense for the "best" MMA fighter in the sport.

21. jarhead

Operations Manager
    I am in aggreeance with you on the Choi fight. I would much rather see Fedor fight Randy. But you say that it doesn't make any sense for the UFC to sign him for a 1 fight deal, but it didn't make any sense for Fedor to sign for a multi-fight contract. Its all in the way you spin it. I tend to lean to Fedor's side. You tend to lean to Dana White's side. But then again I have never been one to side with a promoter over a fighter.

22. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Blaming Fedor or blaming Dana White for Fedor not fighting in the UFC is wrong on both ends. Both did what they thought was the right thing to do.

Fedor thought being the best P4P fighter, he should get to dictate the terms of his contract, and when he wasn't able to with the UFC, he chose to fight elsewhere. For him to get big bucks to fight the Hong Man Choi's of the world and have his 'freedom' rather then fight tougher competition on someone else's terms made sense for him.

On the other hand, Fedor is NOT a PPV draw in the United States, and most UFC fans have either never heard of him, or have heard of him but never seen him fight. It would be a horrible business move for Dana White to allow any fighter to dictate the terms of his contract, especially one who is only good for 30,000 PPV buys.

And with the recent non success of Pride fighters in the UFC, I can't blame White for being hesitant. You know he wishes he could take back Mirko Cro-Cop's contract.

So Fedor did what he thought was best for him by choosing to have more freedom, making most likely more money doing so, and only having to fight mediocre at best heavyweights for organizations that will ultimately lose their shirt and be lucky to do 30,000 PPV buys. And I don't blame him one bit for it.

And Dana White did what he thought was best by not caving in to the demands of the person who most hardcore MMA fans feel is the best P4P fighter in the world, solely because it made good business sense not to do so, and will continue to run succesful PPV's, create new stars, make tons of money, but not have the ability to make the marquee heavyweight fight many MMA fans want to see, and without the current P4P best fighter on the roster. And I don't blame him one bit for it.

It's just good business sense on both ends. Is it what's best for the fans? Of course not. But it is what it is.

To try and place blame on either end is retarded, when both sides are equally at fault, and have good reasons to do so.

TFK

23. jarhead

Operations Manager
    Thats a solid post.

24. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    I agree with this post.Its a business first and companies and fighters do whats best for them.

25. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Surprise, surprise. Fedor feasts on yet another fucking bum.

This is getting old and Fedor shouldn't even be talked about until he fights someone with a Pulse. He is a disgrace to the sport at this point. I hope Choi the freakshow KO's his stupid ass.

26. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:

Another? So Mark Hunt and Matt Lindland are bums? WOOOW!!!

27. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Mark Hunt is not a bum but who has he ever beat to be that good? He's 5-3 and his best win is over a light heavyweight Wandy.

He gets props for the Hunt win but Lindland is a fucking middleweight! That is bullshit.

The only win that means much of anything is Big Nog. Other than that his resume is pretty average.

28. jarhead

Operations Manager
    :rolleyes:

29. valdosta

Home Page:
    :bears:

30. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Hunt also beat Mirko Cro Cop and gave Fedor a run for his money and just because lindland is a middleweight/lightheavyweight doesn't make him a bum he's a damn good fighter.....just keep diggin that whole for yourself:lol:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007