Rampage\Griffin named TUF 7 Coaches

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by TFK, Dec 10, 2007.

1. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=9086

I'm mixed on this. I think this is a good match up, in spite of what all the TUF Haters will tell you. I'm sure Rampage will be the favorite, and he should beat Forrest, but Shogun was supposed to beat Forrest too.

Griffin is a much better fighter then most people give him credit for, so he has a chance to win, and regardless of who wins, this should be a very entertaining fight.

And with the TUF marketing, this fight has the chance to be one of the UFC's highest grossing PPV's ever.

That being said, this fight won't happen until next summer. That's way too long to hold up a title defense. I guess the UFC didn't learn their lesson with Serra\Hughes. It sucks that TUF is able to hold the UFC titles hostage.

But I understand the logic. Griffin and Rampage are two of the most marketable fighters the UFC has, and the TUF exposure will add to that. Of course, I don't think we'll see the same kind of animosity between coaches that we saw between Tito and Shamrock, or Hughes and Serra, but I don't think that will matter.

This will probably end up doing huge business for the UFC when it's all said and done.

TFK

2. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Half the fighters Forrest will be coaching will be far more skilled than him.:laughing: He can teach persistence and perserverance, he's not really gonna teach striking, submissions or wrestling since he's not really any good in any of those areas. Fool can barely throw a combo without tripping over.:lol:
    Forrest beat a fat tired Shogun through superior cardio, not skills. Shogun was spent and I guess getting married and f*cking around on a honeymoon 2 weeks before a fight can do that to a fighter.

3. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Misconception. Griffen is good on the ground. Don't make excuses for Shogun, he got his ass kicked period. I don't like Forrest's stand up at all but he is adequate on the ground.

4. Gh77

Gh77 Leap-Amateur

I heard Jackson's hand is broken and that he'll be out for awhile, but I hate that TUF basically stalls a division for about a year, if the champion is involved of course.

5. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    never thought I would do this to a Hanzy post, but- :rolleyes: .

6. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    jackson and griffin are good friends and they trained together several times.

i'd expect jackson to win, but this is UFC and upsets aren't really upsets so i could care less who wins.

7. Hanzy

:eeeek:

8. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Hanzy is a bitter Pride lover! That is why he cannot stand the fact that Shogun got beat by a TUF fighter! :lol:

9. Bob N. Weave

Bob N. Weave WBC Champion

Nice!!! This will be entertaining.

10. Hanzy

It's such a strange sport I must admit. Here you have Griffin getting smashed to smithereens by f*cking Keith Jardine of all people and goes crying and running back to the locker room, then you have Jardine getting KTFO by some brawler in Houston Alexander, then Jardine comes back and humiliates the UFC's big boy Chuck Liddell, and then later Alexander gets smashed by Thiago Silva while Griffin goes and chokes out Shogun.
    :lol: No wonder the UFC has such a hard time investing money into promoting a fighter. None of these lads can win back to back fights.:doh:
    I guess that's a good thing since it shows you can't really be dominant in a sport like this.
    I still believe Shogun was completely out of shape and that a rematch would spell differently. Although I won't say Griffin would lose to Shogun, I think the fight would be more competitive in a second tussle.:dunno:

11. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I'm glad that Forrest is getting a title shot, he deserves it after that last performance. I also thought he beat Tito Ortiz.

12. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Rampage and Griffin are hilarious. Ill be tuning into this for sure.

13. Hanzy

He DID beat Tito Ortiz. But the UFC had plans for an Ortiz/Shamrock fight with their whole TUF season hyping it, so obviously they needed Ortiz to win. Politics.....just like in boxing.:lol:

14. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    This should be interesting because neither of them seem like coaching material to me lol.....especially Griffen and Hanzy's right whats Griffen going to teach these guy's that they don't already know and possibly can do better than him??

15. Hanzy

Exactly. I don't hate Griffin but he's a f*cking moron with sloppy standup and just a relatively basic grasp of the ground.:lol: The guy himself even says "I ain't that good." :laughing:

16. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    his only strength is conditioning so he can probly help them improve on that.:dunno:

17. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    he will probably have 2 or 3 trainers with him, that will do most of the training.

18. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED CANNOT Wait for this to Air...Rampage & Forrest R Perhaps THE 2 BEST "Personalities" in MMA...

Even SITTING on the Title, Rampage Means MORE to MMA as Champion...His Personality is "SHIT" & the Viewing Audience will B the "FLIES" Instantly Drawn to it...

Smart Move by Dana White...

REED:bears:

19. Breeze

Breeze WBC Champion

Yeah, I'd be kinda pissed if I was a fighter on the show and Griffen is my coach. He's not very skilled, although he will teach you how to take a punch if that means anything.