Fighters: HDNet Treats Their Fighters With Respect

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Beyond the Grave, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    <hr style="color: rgb(80, 80, 80);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Apparently that was a big thing mentioned tonight at the Reckless Abandon Event.

Pete Spratt, Corey Mahon, and others clearly mentioned in their post-fight interviews that they were pleased with the way that they were treated as fighters by HDNet.

Both HDNet and M-1 seem to be the "nice guy" and Zuffa (UFC and WEC), the villain.

Fighters seem to be displeased with their experience with Zuffa.

Notice what Mayhem Miller has to say about HDNet from a source I have quoted:

"Miller praised HDNet for the manner in which it treats fighters. 'HDNet is treating me like a damn princess.'" (http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=5387)

Respect seems to be the prevailing word thrown around the last several months. Fedor, Randy, the Shamrocks, Hansen, Arlovski, and many others have been displeased by Zuffa and Dana for the lack of respect that they seem to be given; this is no secret.

Notice what Joachim Hansen has to say about his experience dealing with Dana and the UFC:

"I just hope people understand that the problems [with the UFC] weren’t about the money," Hansen explained in an interview with The Fight Network. "It was about them treating me with honor and keeping their word. I would rather fight for free, then to bend down to them. My soul is not for sale." (http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2007...out_money.html)

How important do you think it is to fighters in the different tiers of competition?

How important is respect to up-and-coming fighters? With the "R" word being thrown around these days, will it affect where they fight?

Do the popular fighters like Fedor, Randy, and others demand it simply due to their popularity and success in the sport?

How important do you think it is for Dana to rethink his disrespectful attitude in order to hang on to his top-ranked fighters?

Will HDNet and M-1 snag the UFC fighters due to their seemingly respectful dealings with fighters of all levels of experience?

Arlovski is currently being strong-armed by the UFC. Will this be a major factor in where he ends up fighting in the next year?

Discuss.

Got this off sherdog ,just wanted to know yah's thoughts on it.

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->