Pavlik-Taylor II...FINAL PREDICTIONS...

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by REEDsART, Feb 15, 2008.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Let's Get it ON RECORD, for Future References...

WHO Wins & HOW???

REED:dunno:

2. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I think I like Pavlik early. Pavlik KO 3. I think he's going to be an animal at the higher weight, and Taylor will just be a guy who lost less weight coming in.

3. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Pavlik KO 6

4. Orthodox Crusader

Orthodox Crusader "Twinkle Toes" McJack

The black guy.

5. Hex-One

Hex-One "Twinkle Toes" McJack

None of your business
    Taylor ko 5 Pavlik!

6. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Pavlik by KO in the middle rounds. Somewhere between round 5 and 8. I could also see Pavlik winning early depending on how Taylor responds when he eats a right hand. It's Pavlik by KO either way though.

7. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

8. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

Pavlik KO 10

I think it will be similar to the first one as far as the action. I think Taylor will go at him early and give him a scare. I just think he won't have enough and Pavlik will stop him again.

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

PAVLIK 5

Steve-Dave Pavlik KO 3
    Whiskey Pavlik KO 6
    Z Pavlik KO 5-8
    RJJp4p Pavlik KO 9
    Latin King Pavlik KO 10

TAYLOR 2

OrthoDUNCE The Black Guy :rolleyes:
    Hex-One Taylor KO 5

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  10. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Pavlik by KO 7

11. Orthodox Crusader

The negro will prevail. God has granted standard issue Afro Athleticism Powers to Taylor this time, and not the bargain basement stuff he usually reserves for white folk. Lighting doesn't strike twice, not even white lightning.

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

N Case U Were Wondering, it's Posts like THIS that have Contributed to the DECLINE of Fightbeat...

It's as if U're 100% INCAPABLE of Posting ANYTHING w/Out SOME SORT of BULLSHIT Racial or Nationalistic Slant to it...

GROWthefuckUP, Dude...

REED:rolleyes:

13. Orthodox Crusader

No. I won't. Not until I see from you the same standard you demand of others.

I have not dragged this place down, I have merely followed your lead.

You, and the "dawg".

Your own Afro-Centric, unrepentant bleatings are responsible for most of the sentiments I express. Why should I behave with any degree of maturity when you openly mock fighters and regard them as pieces of meat??

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  14. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Pavlik KO 6.

I think he'll again land too many jabs and straight rights and it'll take its toll on Jermaine.

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

:rolleyes:

The ONLY Time REED has Gotten Racial w/ANY Poster is when THEY INITIATED it...

So SPARE REED your "I'm Following your Lead", BULLSHIT...Again, GROWthefuckUP...This AIN'T Follow the Leader...This AIN'T High School...

If U Find REED's Postings "Afro Centric", that's a PERSONAL Fucking Problem...Until YOU Initiate Confrontation w/REED, his Postings NEVER Spill Over to the Point of Condemning Other Races...

@ Least Rubio ADMITS he's Trying to Tear Down the Site...U're an OPENLY RACIST Sack of SHIT that's toooooooo COWARDLY to Admit it or his M.O.

REED:rolleyes:

16. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Pavlik KO 5

17. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

If the fight was at 160, I would predict (again) with absolute certainty that Pavlik will be KO-ing Taylor again.

As it is, there is the relative unknown of this fight being at the catch-weight of 166. It is impossible to predict how either fighter will be affected by this extra weight. Some elite MW's, especially those that rely less on finesse and more on raw power (Nigel Benn being the one which springs immediately to mind) struggle to carry the same 'pop' when burdened by the extra weight.

So it isn't exactly imprudent to wonder whether this will have an effect on Pavlik, whose principle weaponry is constant forward pressure behind a solid, hurtful and range-finding left jab followed by a ram-rod straight right.

For all of that, though, I would still be VERY surprised if Taylor prevails this time around. It is always very tough for a fighter to recover from being KTFO, especially when that fighter had been undefeated previously. The psychological effect is often very great. The confidence of being undefeated can add 10 - 15% to a guys performance, and often a good deal more than that can be taken once the '0' goes. Look at Lacy for example- whilst never exactly brilliant to start with he is now absolutely shot after the Calzaghe fight.

The only way Taylor can win the fight is if he tries again to take the fight to Kelly, just as he did early last time. Kelly has too much pressure and range in the left hand for Taylor to try and outbox him, and Jermaine will have been heartened by hurting Pavlik (as he showboated) in the second round last time. Zuniga also showed that Pavlik can be hurt when he is hit.

The problem is that this is EXACTLY the way Pavlik likes his opponents to fight. It's how Miranda fought and he ended up KTFO. It's how Taylor fought last time and he went the same way. And I expect this one to go much the same, maybe earlier, with Kelly prevailing after 6 rounds of crowd pleasing, brutal action.

Pavlik KO6.

MTF

(REED- add me to the Pavlik bandwagon please...)

18. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Taylor by UD

19. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

PAVLIK 9

Steve-Dave Pavlik KO 3
    Whiskey Pavlik KO 6
    Z Pavlik KO 5-8
    RJJp4p Pavlik KO 9
    Latin King Pavlik KO 10
    Illuminati Pavlik KO 7
    Erratic Pavlik KO 6
    LOK Pavlik KO 5
    Meet the Feebles Pavlik KO 6

TAYLOR 3

OrthoDUNCE The Black Guy :rolleyes:
    Hex-One Taylor KO 5
    DMan Taylor by UD

20. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Pavlik by TKO8.

21. SRR

SRR Scrub

Pavlik by stoppage...MID ROUNDS!!!

22. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Pavlik by UD. Scores two knockdowns.

23. Antwuan Maxx

Antwuan Maxx WBC Champion

Pavlik KO early to mid. :cool:

24. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Pavlik by decision 115-113, 115-112, 116-112

25. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player

:eeeek: :eeeek: :eeeek: :eek:

You may be right about it going to the cards.

26. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Pavlik KO 11

27. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Pavlik by UD.

TFK

28. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    :bears:

29. Octopus

Octopus Undisputed Champion

Pavlik KO 7!

30. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Former champ Trinidad could be Pavlik's next opponent

By Dan Rafael
    ESPN.com
    (Archive)
    Updated: February 15, 2008, 5:08 PM ET

LAS VEGAS -- Middleweight world champion Kelly Pavlik faces Jermain Taylor on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in their 166-pound non-title rematch, but his promoter, Top Rank's Bob Arum, is laying the groundwork for Pavlik's next fight.

It could come against former three-division champion Felix Trinidad on June 7 at New York's Madison Square Garden, Arum told ESPN.com on Friday.
    Win or lose, Pavlik will remain middleweight champion and Arum is planning his first defense. The leading candidate remains popular rising contender "Irish" John Duddy, who is a big attraction in New York. But Arum said he has also spoken to Don King, Trinidad's promoter, about making Pavlik-Trinidad, which would take place the night before the annual Puerto Rican Day parade in New York.

"We've talked," Arum said. "Then King went down to Puerto Rico to meet with Trinidad last week. Then we spoke this week before he went to Germany and he said the meeting with the Trinidads went positively."
    King is in Germany, where he has Sergei Liakhovich fighting Nikolai Valuev in a heavyweight elimination fight on Saturday night. Arum said he and King will meet face-to-face in New York next Friday to further discuss the bout.
    Trinidad, an icon in Puerto Rico with a tremendous following in New York, is coming off a decision loss to Roy Jones on Jan. 19, but the former three-division champion looked good in a bout fought at 170 pounds, 10 pounds heavier than Trinidad had ever fought at before.

For the past few years, Arum has had Miguel Cotto, his Puerto Rican star, headline on the Puerto Rican Day parade weekend. But this year, Cotto is scheduled to fight Alfonso Gomez on April 12 and the turnaround to June 7 is too quick.

Arum plans to keep the date at Madison Square Garden and put Pavlik in the headline fight with an undercard built around some of his Puerto Rican fighters, such as junior flyweight champion Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon and junior featherweight contender Juan Manuel Lopez.

Arum is coming to New York next week to watch Duddy fight on the undercard of next Saturday's Wladimir Klitschko-Sultan Ibragimov undercard at the Garden.

Arum said Pavlik-Duddy would be an HBO fight, possibly with middleweight titlist Arthur Abraham on the undercard to give him exposure ahead of a possible fall fight with Pavlik. Abraham's next defense, announced Friday, will come March 29 in Kiel, Germany, against Elvin Ayala, who is coming off a draw with first-season "Contender" winner Sergio Mora.

Pavlik-Trinidad would be an HBO PPV fight, Arum said.

There is concern about whether Trinidad can make 160 pounds. He struggled to make 170 for Jones. But Arum said the fight would have to be at 160.
    Pavlik is unaware of the discussions, Arum said, but Top Rank's matchmakers and Pavlik's manager, Cameron Dunkin, are aware of the talks and like the match.

"If Trinidad can make that weight and provided the [revenue] split is right, we would love to make the fight," Arum said. "But I won't know for sure until I meet with King."