B.A.D. sucks

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Joe King, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    :doh:

I just read an interview on BT and Gary Shaw is talking about featuring some 9-0 type guys on BAD. What happened to good matchups????

2. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Do you realize how much talent Yuriorkis Gamboa has? He's not just some guy. I think they are going to move him up quickly considering his amateur pedigree.

3. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Never heard of him. What type of style does he have, and how talented is he?

4. valdosta

Home Page:
    Do a search on youtube. Loads of talent. He keeps his hands a bit low for my liking but has excellent reflexes. You of all people would be a big fan.

5. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    These are the kinds of threads that show you how out of touch some 'boxing fans' really are.

6. valdosta

Home Page:
  7. Xplosive

At least I'm not afraid to admit it. I never claimed to be THE most avid, or knowledgable fan on this board, and due to my busy life I'm not as up on some prospects as I used to be.

8. Joe King

Player
    I haven't seen or read one article on this guy nor read a thread about him here. I'm online looking for stories and info on boxing and haven't heard of him. I guess I am out of touch:dunno: :doh:

9. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Im not talking about you. Im talking about the guy who judges the quality of a card on records alone...of two guys he has no idea about.

10. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    He's been talked about here quite alot. He was on ESPN a couple of weeks ago for christs sake.

11. Joe King

Player
    Well unless they are fighting each other, then showcase fights should be on the undercard of PPVs.

12. Xplosive

13. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Why? Because you said so?

14. valdosta

Home Page:
    He has 9 fights and is going against a guy who has 30 fights in his next fight. Rojas isn't a half bad fighter either. Like I said, they aren't going to waste much time with gamboa.

15. valdosta

Home Page:
    Probably the best fight to watch to determine how good he is, is the Dejesus fight. It went some rounds and Dejesus isn't a bad fighter. Not top motch but not a bum either.

16. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

I don't care if he has Ray leonard talent BAD is supposed to be for big fights among big fighters.

Isn't that the reason they created Showbox? to show these up and coming prospects?:dunno:

How many guys look like the real deal before they step up competition? The moment they lose people jump off the wagon and say he was exposed.

I say put him on HBO when he has showned something not right now when it's all potential.

17. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Actually, BAD is supposed to be about the little guys you've never hear dof and don't get a run on WCB. It's NEVER been about "big guys, big fights". Quite the opposite, actually.

18. valdosta

Home Page:
    :nono: Shobox=Showtime obviously and yeah that show is for prospects on Showtime usually. BAD is as exactly as tam tam mentioned though. It's not the show for big names. He's exactly right. Shit he's even Australian and knows that. :dunno:

19. LATIN KING

when I say big I don't mean size wise. I meant champions with carreers already. Not some up and coming fighters.

Regardless of what i'ts supposed to be about it's a let down that they put some guy who is only a prospect.

A fight like Mijares/Montiel would be perfect for BAD since when do people get excited for a fucking prospect? :doh:

20. LATIN KING

big names according to who?

I follow boxing and I've seen alot of fights on BAD that were considered unknown to some but I knew who the hell they were.

BAD is not supposed to be about prospects. I remember fights like Marquez/Too Sharp and Barrera and Morales fighting on there.

21. Xplosive

Thanks. I just watched it. You are correct, he's hella talented.

22. valdosta

Home Page:
    BAD is often times for upcoming guys, hell that's how HBO promotes it to. The main event usually has some decent guys but lots of times the other fight is prospects. Kind of like when Abner Mares was on there recently. You say who wants to watch a prospect? Well I didn't care to watch Mares against a bum. However as quickly as they are moving Gamboa I would expect to see him fighting someone with a name or half decent fighter so yeah that is something I want to see. :bears:

23. Joe King

Player
    Yeah but like you said, BAD is supposed to be a crossroads for upcoming fighters. I haven't seen that lately.

24. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    People just like Gamboa because his name is similar to Rambo

25. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I don't have any problem with Gamboa being on BAD if it's like Berto-Bravo and is added as a third fight, or if it's a step up with a good main event then as a co-feature.

Gamboa looks like one of the better prospects in the sport to come along in recent years and like you've mentioned, he's been matched pretty well so far.

But with the card Mares-Marchiano was on, they actually had a good main event with Guzman-Soto...which was actually one of the more meaningful fights they've had on BAD in a while.

26. ElTerriblee

ElTerriblee "Twinkle Toes" McJack

What do you know? Gamboa is fighting Jose Rojas next, who holds a KO win over the WBA superbantamweight champion Celestino Caballero and fought Chris John to a DRAW, that´s more than Juan Manuel Marquez has to show for his trip to Indonesia. :lol:

And as of now, that fight is scheduled to take place six weeks before the HBO B.A.D. date. If they paid Mzonke Fana the right amount of money Gamboa would be a world champion in 30 seconds.

27. LATIN KING

first of all JMM was robbed in INdonesia. It was a stupid move for him to go there in the first place.

as far as Gamboa, sure he is talented but the way clowns like you are climaxing over him is funny. The moment he loses you will jump off the wagon and call him exposed. :laughing:

He is a good talent but let's take it a step at a time. Sure he would be a champion fighting Fana but that wouldn't mean much since Fana is fucking garbage.

I remember when DElahoya won his first tittle against Bredahl. You don't hear much about that fight nowadays do you? :popcorn:

Jesus Christ let the kid develop before you put him in the hall of fame. :lol: