don't know how to do this

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Mr X, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Mr X

Mr X Guest

so i'll just do it straight up.

at about 4 am this morning matthew(wolf) got a call from the animal rescue center to go pick up a calf that was having troubles. after picking up the calf he was on his way back when he fell asleep at the wheel,the van he was driving veered off the road,went off an embankment rolled over and hit a tree.

the rescue personel arrived roughly 30 minutes after the accident after they were called by a nearby home. he was unresponsive and not breathing when they arrived and all efforts to revive were futile so at about 6:20 am this morning matthew was pronounced dead.

i got on here to send emails to his college friends because i don't know their phone numbers and thought it only right to tell the people he considered friends on fightworld as well. hope all of you will keep all of us in your prayers.

scott

2. black06

black06 Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    WHAT??? I hope this isn't some sort of cruel joke. If it isn't I really don't know what to say... Wolf was one of the most cool, down to earth personalities I've ever come across on the web. I can honestly say I felt like I knew a lot about him even though we'd never met or talked much one on one. Because of who he was and what he enjoyed doing with his life, I know he's gone on to a better place. Some people are just so special that they are only sent here for a short time to teach the rest of us and I have no doubt that Matthew was one of those poeple. I really can't believe this! You, him, his family and everyone close to him will be in my prayers non stop over the next few months. May God bless and have mercy on all of you. This is a sad sad day for fightworld... :mellow:

3. PetreTG

PetreTG WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    This is very sad ...

Though I didn't know Mathew well ... he seemed to be a real good guy who always kept to the high road in here.

My deepest sympathies to his family and loved ones .

Petre

4. Mr X

Mr X Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> WHAT??? I hope this isn't some sort of cruel joke. If it isn't I really don't know what to say... Wolf was one of the most cool, down to earth personalities I've ever come across on the web. I can honestly say I felt like I knew a lot about him even though we'd never met or talked much one on one. Because of who he was and what he enjoyed doing with his life, I know he's gone on to a better place. Some people are just so special that they are only sent here for a short time to teach the rest of us and I have no doubt that Matthew was one of those poeple. I really can't believe this! You, him, his family and everyone close to him will be in my prayers non stop over the next few months. May God bless and have mercy on all of you. This is a sad sad day for fightworld... :mellow: [/b][/quote]

well,i figured some people here may think this was a joke of some sort so i figured i would stick around for a few minutes to dispell any such thing. i would and have done alot of things but thats not something i would do. i just figured it was the right thing to do to tell everyone here that matt liked to talk to. personally i'm just in shock,doesn't seem real but i guess thats the nature of such things.

but thank you for the words black.

5. Ropadope

Ropadope Undisputed Champion

I don't know what to say. That's really sad. He was so focused on what he wanted to do with his life. It's a real shame. RIP Wolf.

6. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Damn... I don't even know what to say.

Holla @ me and let me know if there's going to be anything for him (funeral, wake, etc.) I'll make sure to make the drive out your way this weekend.

Damn.

7. Eaner v2.0

Eaner v2.0 WBC Champion

Home Page:
    I don't know if my words mean anything right now in this time of grieving but Wolf was indeed one of the truer people on this board. His work and persona are examples of just how good people can really be. In this day and age where manners and courtesy are rare finding them both in one person is extraordinary. You could always count on him to be genuine in what he said so his presence here and on this Earth will sorely be missed. My heartfelt prayers go out to his friends and family.

RIP Matt (Wolf)

Ernie

8. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    Dear God, this is horrible. He always acted nice to those who were nice to him.

9. rooster

rooster Scrub

Home Page:
    Our thoughts are with you and the rest of Matthew's family.

10. player

player Guest

I am so sorry to hear this. May God be with you all. RIP Wolf. :mellow:

11. Dangerous

Dangerous Guest

12. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    I want to reiterate...this better not be a damn joke.

Wolf was a good guy on this site.

Certainly a loss.

13. Mr X

Mr X Guest

i know some people on this board may think that this is a joke,or that this is something that doesn't belong here,however i would like to state that matt truly liked to come on this board and talk to all of you guys especially in the talk about anything section. i wasn't even going to post anything regarding this,however knowing that some of you were truly friends with him i reconsidered and figured it was the right thing to do.

please don't forget matt and what he tried to do with himself and with his life he was truly the nicest person i have ever met,not because he was family,but because its true. matt would give someone the shirt off of his back or the last penny to his name if they truly needed it and thats what i'm having trouble with the most because he was truly a great and honest person. being first cousins and living together since the time he was 5,i can truly say i never knew matt to have a dishonest bone in his body nor did i ever know him to be anything other than nice. he was truly my best friend in the world and this place and my life will truly be empty without him.

if any of you here wish to do something in memory of him donate a couple of dollars to your local animal shelter or something of that nature.

and again,thank you for all the kind words,thoughts and prayers.

i hope no one thinks i would do this as a joke,like i said i would do alot of things and joke about alot of things but not this.

14. bam^^^

bam^^^ WBC Champion

Home Page:
    this sucks.

i always liked wolf even though i gave him a hard time about his 3rd person talk..

wow...just dont what to say.

15. sexymarie

sexymarie Scrub

I am totallly at a loss for words right now, and don't know what to do or say. I, too was supposed to eventually meet up w/ wolf as he lives relatively close to me....

I pray for you wolf that you are in a better place. I hope to GOD that you are smiling and doing what you do best up there in the Heavens.

God bless him. He is missed, and will continually be missed.

MR. X-thank you for sharing that as awful as it is to have to share, I, MYSELF appreciate what you did by putting up the news. I would hope that someone may do the same if it were me.

RIP Wolf. One of the best here.

marie

16. Mr Roboto

Mr Roboto Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    This is horrible.

Your family is in my prayers X. :mellow:

17. rjbsd

rjbsd Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    Thank you for posting this X. I am going to reserve my comments about Wolf till I can think clearly, but I wanted to at least thank you. I have often worried that something would happen to one of my online friends, and I would never know about it. We would have never known if it had not been for you.

:mellow:

18. Mr X

Mr X Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Thank you for posting this X. I am going to reserve my comments about Wolf till I can think clearly, but I wanted to at least thank you. I have often worried that something would happen to one of my online friends, and I would never know about it. We would have never known if it had not been for you.

:mellow: [/b][/quote]

well,i wasn't going to in the premise that no one here knew him then i rethought it because he did consiger alot of you his friends. i just wanted to post it and make sure those that needed to know did so before i left.

19. Punchstat

Punchstat Scrub

That is really sad and it shows how pathetic arguing on a message board really is. I never even addressed the guy but I feel pretty choked up after what X wrote about him. He sounded like a great human being and he worked at something worthwhile, which he clearly loved.

He died doing something completely selfless. The man has my total respect, admiration and good wishes. I extend this to his family and friends too...

20. Dobie G

Dobie G Scrub

Home Page:
    Wow. I don't even have the words to discribed how I feel. Damn.

God bless his soul.

21. Powershot

Powershot Guest

Wolf showed personality when he started defending sexymarie. He is someone that doesn't like unfair attacks against other people. I also attacked sexymarie but stopped doing that. Because of this I had a litle quarrell with Wolf. We talked it out on pm. I am glad I did that. He has a large knowlegde of animals and I admired that. He gave me some information on my favorite animals, the Kangal. I am sad to see such a young and caring man die. His work wasn't finished. He had a lot to contribute to humanity. We don't know the way of God. Why he does what he does. He thought that Wolf had done enough and took him next to him. I hope that his loved ones will never forget him. I hope that the thought of him will bring joy, strength and courage to his loved ones. I offer my condolences to Mr X, La femmer Nikita and The Brown Bomber.

Rest in peace Wolf.

22. Brimstone

Brimstone Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> That is really sad and it shows how pathetic arguing on a message board really is. I never even addressed the guy but I feel pretty choked up after what X wrote about him. He sounded like a great human being and he worked at something worthwhile, which he clearly loved.

He died doing something totally selfless. The man has my total respect, admiration and good wishes. I extend this to his family and friends too... [/b][/quote]
    Matt was a great person. He loved all animals and tried to take care of them. He did noble work, and didn't even get paid for it. Matt was my friend. And I will miss him dearly.

23. Eaner v2.0

Eaner v2.0 WBC Champion

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> That is really sad and it shows how pathetic arguing on a message board really is. I never even addressed the guy but I feel pretty choked up after what X wrote about him. He sounded like a great human being and he worked at something worthwhile, which he clearly loved.

He died doing something totally selfless. The man has my total respect, admiration and good wishes. I extend this to his family and friends too... [/b][/quote]
    Matt was a great person. He loved all animals and tried to take care of them. He did noble work, and didn't even get paid for it. Matt was my friend. And I will miss him dearly. [/b][/quote]
    Amen brother...

24. rjbsd

rjbsd Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    It is so hard to bear when a young person dies, especially someone as special as Wolf. I lost another young man named Matt from my life about this time 4 years ago. After the initial horror, anger, and denial fades, what is left is a deep, never wavering sadness. Wolf's family and friends will have to get though so many milestones with out him now. His chair will be empty at Thanksgiving. They will be unable to buy him a gift at Christmas. He won't be there on the stage when his classmates get their diplomas, nor standing beside X when he marries. He would have been a wonderful husband and father. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends, who I imagine number in the thousands.

I think I will go rescue a kitten from the pound today.

25. Powershot

Powershot Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> No.

Fuckfuckfuck god damn it no.

everything I type sounds so fucking stupid, or wrong or just not enough. Wolf was my friend, and I love his heart, his openness, and he was just plain fucking GOOD. This hurts so bad. I am so sorry - sorry it happened to him, of all people, sorry...just sorry.

I sound like an idiot, but who fucking cares? I'm going to miss you. I wish I could show how much. Hell, Wolf - I miss you so much already. You were a stand-up kid, and doing what I wanted to do, but didn't. [/b][/quote]
    I understand your grief. You two were very good forum buddies. I offer my condolences to everyone on this forum. This is truly a sad day.

26. Punchstat

Punchstat Scrub

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Matt was my friend. And I will miss him dearly. [/b][/quote]
    You obviously choose your friends carefully. I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

27. The Guru

The Guru Scrub

Home Page:
    Wow.

My thoughts and prayers to Wolf, his family and loved ones.

I too am at a loss for words in trying to process this sad news.

I always looked forward to Wolf's threads and rescue stories. I never met him in person, but I feel that I did know him a bit. It has been mentioned several times that he posted in such an honest, personable manner that it was easy to feel that he was someone you either knew, or at the very least wanted to count among your friends. I certainly consider myself of that ilk. I suppose I can only say I had the honor of knowing him through a few direct exchanges here on a few important, sensitive topics. And through those exchanges, I know I liked what Wolf was all about.

Thanks for sharing X. I know it wasn't easy. The Guru will never forget Wolf.

28. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    Damn...I was supposed to make him some tapes of some old Walter Payton games, but got so busy I forgot about it. I wish I would have been quicker about it now...so he would have had another chance to see "The Man" in action one more time...

This sucks. This really fucking sucks.

We should be happy, because we know that he's in Heaven...but it still sucks major ass.

29. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    Jesus Christ I'm a loss for words. I don't what to say right now. This is such a tragedy.

30. Arturo Gatti

Arturo Gatti Guest

Fuck, this is horrible.

I just talked to him last night (on here).

R.I.P. Wolf.

I'm in shock.