I hate BJJ

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by mexican wedding shirt, Apr 19, 2009.

1. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

I seriously fucking hate it.

I've been watching MMA since UFC 1, I hated BJJ and Royce Gracie then, and I still do.

MMA would be a better, more exciting sport without it. It seems cowardly too. Rather than stand and fight like a man (striking) or throw your opponent around like a ragdoll (wrestling) - you just fucking roll around on your back and try and bend your opponents arms or toes (:lol:) back. I mean for fuck's sake, it's one level above scratching and biting like a girl.

What fueled me to write this post was that BJJ scrub last night. What the fuck was up with him?

Honestly I think he should have been DQ'd in round 3.

Voluntarily rolling on his back over and over again, they should have told him to fuck off and cut his miniscule pay packet.

I usually have huge respect and admiration for pro fighters (boxing AND mma) - but that BJJ scrub was a fucking disgrace.

It's an MMA fight, not a BJJ competition, you're actually supposed to fight, and hurt your opponent, not roll around on the mat like a retard.

I do respect some pure BJJ fighters. Like big nog for example, he was just a tough bastard, I could see the skill in his game, and he actually fought, despite being a pure BJJ guy.

Leites performance last night made your average lay and pray look downright exciting. What a hideous performance. Silva should take some of the blame, Silva is so quick and slippery, with such a good ground game himself that I think he could have been significantly more aggressive and still been at minimal risk of losing to Leites. But really, it was Leites pathetic performance that made the fight such a stinker.

MMA would seriously be better off without BJJ.

2. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

I hate it as well. Naturally as a boxing fan i'm always going to prefer striking, but it's not as if i don't appreciate any of the ground game in MMA. There are guys that know a lot of Brazilian jui-jitsu but use it as a complimentary skill rather than as their only focus.

As a fan i just don't enjoy seeing fighters that can't seem to do fuck all other than hope to get a fight to a ground so they execute some kind of twisty toe lock. :doh:

3. mexican wedding shirt

That's exactly how I feel.

I can appreciate the skill and artistry involved, with a guy who has good BJJ as part of a whole package, it's really the PURE BJJ fighters I hate.

As you said, the guys who do sweet fuck all but hope the fight ends up on the ground, even if that means rolling onto their back like a retard, so they can try and bend the other guys toes like a girl. They are the ones I despise, and the ones that MMA would be far better off without.

I used to hate ground fighting full stop, but I've actually come to appreciate it. Particularly explosive wrestling like GSP, that is truly a sight to behold, his fucking insane takedowns and great wrestling.

4. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I love BJJ, as it's an artform, but Leites's performance last night was pathetic. He should've been DQ'd. It's happened before, the most recent that I can remember was Nick Serra getting dq'd against Matt Makowski when he just refused to stand up and fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see Leites in the UFC again.

TFK

5. mexican wedding shirt

Oh really? I didn't know that, I wasn't aware anyone had been DQ'd for being a BJJ faggot.

I thought maybe I was being a big a bit harsh/hasty for saying he should be DQ'd but actually no, and you agreeing with me confirms that.

He seriously should have been DQ'd in the 3rd round. That was just too much, absurd, actually rolling onto his back repeatedly, and doing fuck all.

I sincerely hope we never do see him fight in the UFC again, or any MMA organisation actually. Stick to BJJ.

6. winner by choke

winner by choke Undisputed Champion

maybe you should show him how to fight "manly"?

7. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Gsp fighting slathered in 10w-30 truly is a sight to behold

8. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Paying customers can say whatever they want dude.

9. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

JJ guys with no stand skills are clueless against good stand up fighters.I really like it though because back in the day everybody thought that a good striker would have no chance against a good ground fighter. Now all the elite fighters are the ones with the best stand up.

10. royyjonesjrp4pno1

To me the fight was cool. All the MMA fanboys that say boxing is not real fighting got exposed. Amagine a man falling on his back in a street fight. He would be as good as dead.

11. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I'm with you mws. I hate pure BJJ practisionner that fall on their ass or pull guard everytime they got a chance. I like BJJ has a supplement and think its one of the coolest art around, but guy's like Leites are just awfull and not real fighters imo.

BTW, anyone else thought that Silva kneecap strike were pretty classless. It made me lose some respect I had for him.

12. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

yeah and stream users should shut the fuck up. :lol:

What Leites has done has nothing to do with brazil Jui-Jitsu but with cowardice. Any other BJJ guy who wasn't afraid would try a take down and secure a submission. Bashing BJJ because of how Leites fought is pretty dumb in my eyes.

Next thing u could do is eliminating wrestling because i'm sure you will find some boring ass wrestlers who only want to dryhump you for 15 minutes because they are to scared to trade. Or when some guys like Arlovski and Sylvia stare at each other trying to "box" you might wanna eliminate boxing since that also made for boring matches before.

If you want striking only go watch boxing or kickboxing if you wanna guys fight manly, go watch a bar fight. But if you think BJJ makes this more boring than the other elements of MMA you don't have a fucking clue.

That being said, This fight yesterday was horrendous and as bad as Leites was, Silva could have ended this shit at any point if he wasn't such a safety first punk.

13. ElTerriblee

ElTerriblee "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Leites didn´t want to fight standing, Silva didn´t want to fight on the ground. I don´t see how you can only blame one and not the other. And only one of them is allegedly the best P4P fighter in the UFC.

14. winner by choke

while it was truly boring as fuck and i am very happy i did not pay money to watch it, the fact that leites fought like a bitch does not mean bjj is gay or that jiu jitsu ruins mma.

you could take mexican wedding shirt, OR his very favorite exhilarating professional boxer(fighter), throw him in with Thales...and Thales would make him look like a bitch. and probably be very exciting doing it as well.

to suggest that one of the best fighters in the world who could strangle nearly any man who fought him is a coward because he looked like a bitch vs the best fighter in the UFC is retarded.

i think somebody got their ass beat by a jiu jitsu "player"

and azazel, he is not a real fighter??

LMAO pathetic.

15. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

Uhhhh. It wasn't a streetfight. :doh: Last time I checked, you could be submitted/choked out other places besides the cage.

16. royyjonesjrp4pno1

Leites deserves about 50% of the blame. Zuffa deserves the half. For making out this was a competitive fight. Notjing more then a gimme for Silva so he could break more records.

17. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

The fault isn't on BJJ, it's on Leites for having no variety as an MMA fighter. He needs to go back to the gym and really learn all the aspects required to succeed in the sport. He's got the groundwork down pat I'm sure as his certificates and belts prove. But his hands are not good by any stretch nor are his kicks. He didn't have any business being in there with somebody like Anderson Silva. But I'm sure most of us were aware of that, regardless of what bullsh*t Joe Rogan and Dana White will try to feed you in order to sell the ppv.:lol:

18. Azazel

maybe with his "safe" UFC rules, Leiles would beat any top boxer around his weight, but in a real fight he'd get crushed. And of course Leiles is not a real fighter, he's afraid to get hit and drops to the ground everytime the stand up was too "intense". What is pathetic is your lame spin to try to make this farce look better ( who cares if he,d crush a top boxer with UFC rules, that's not the point of the discussion ), it was a shame.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  19. winner by choke

haha

"safe"... he is afraid to get punched and kicked by Anderson Silva under "safe" UFC rules. dont forget he took him to the ground and had it been a real fight couldve headbutted and gouged the shit out of him from the top.

this fight was a joke, and thales looked like a bitch at best.

but to imply he is not a fighter is a slap in the face as he could embarass you and your boy john ruiz in under 2 minutes each in the octagon, bar, or wherever else.

they simply should not have thrown him in there with anderson.

btw knee stomp kicks are a great "real" fighting tool

20. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

I know it's not all of BJJ, and i'm sure MWS does as well but after seeing that shit i couldn't help but agree with the thread premise.

Naturally Leites does not represent all BJJ practioners. There are plenty of fighters that can be entertaining with it and it seems almost impossible to succeed in MMA with at least some training in it.

In general i'm not a fan of the art anyway although i can't deny how effective it can be.

I guess me and MWS have one thing in common is i've always hated Royce Gracie too.

21. Azazel

lol, Ruiz would annilate leites in a heatbeat if he was man enough not to drop himself to the ground as soon as it starts, and who care what he could do to Anderson in a real fight. He was figting him in UFC rules, in the biggest fight of his life by far, and didn't do shit but drop to the ground because he was afraid to get hit.

22. Azazel

:doh::doh::shit:[​IMG]

23. winner by choke

hahahahahhaahha

absolutely unbelievable.

do you have the behind the back trip as well.

damn that is ridiculous

24. mexican wedding shirt

Fuck you.

25. mexican wedding shirt

Indeed whiskey, I think we see it exactly the same way.

26. mexican wedding shirt

I agree. Johnny boy would fuck leites up something fierce. Of course standing dropping boy would get brutalised in a heartbeat.

And what's the alternative? The alternative is letters drops onto his back like a nancy, then Johnny boy stomps his face in with his big puerto rican feet.

27. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

I haven't seen the Silva fight yet but I love BJJ - some of the moves are so technical in the erection and the positioning of your body.

I always enjoy Penn and Mai fighting.

28. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    You know what? I absolutely feel the same way. It's gotta be the least manly fighting art in all of human history.

29. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

John Ruiz beating a BJJ expert? All Ruiz ever does is hold and hug, that would be playing right into the BJJ expert's hands.

TFK

30. royyjonesjrp4pno1

I was thinking the same thing.