Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate BJJ

Quote Originally Posted by TFK View Post
    John Ruiz beating a BJJ expert? All Ruiz ever does is hold and hug, that would be playing right into the BJJ expert's hands.

TFK
    Maybe Ruiz is a BJJ practioner that went into boxing for the bigger paydays?
    Reigning European and World Cup predictions champion and all around wonderful person.

Quote Originally Posted by mexican wedding shirt View Post
    I agree. Johnny boy would fuck leites up something fierce. Of course standing dropping boy would get brutalised in a heartbeat.

And what's the alternative? The alternative is letters drops onto his back like a nancy, then Johnny boy stomps his face in with his big puerto rican feet.

The alternative would be Leites scoring a take down in NO time since Johnnyboy has no defense for that and break him whatever he wants on the ground and believe me it's the much more probable scenario...
    Schlaaaaaand!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hut*Hut View Post
    You know what? I absolutely feel the same way. It's gotta be the least manly fighting art in all of human history.

do we have ignorant's united day or something??
    Schlaaaaaand!!!

This fight would have been better with Pride rules for a grounded opponent, that is saying Silva would have stomped or soccer kicked a fellow Brazilian.
    2011 Div III Pacific Region Champions

WBC Top 5 contender winner by choke's Avatar

Fuck you.
    hahahahaha really?

at least karl can somewhat back up when he tries to act like a badass...you im not so sure.
    Formerly known as MotorCityCobra

Member of the No Softies Allowed Bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    This fight would have been better with Pride rules for a grounded opponent, that is saying Silva would have stomped or soccer kicked a fellow Brazilian.
    Reigning European and World Cup predictions champion and all around wonderful person.

Thumbs up

you just fucking roll around on your back and try and bend your opponents arms or toes () back.

I actually practice BJJ, but that was f*cking funny to read.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    Leites would have been DQ'd for stalling in Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by royyjonesjrp4pno1 View Post
    Leites would have been DQ'd for stalling in Pride.
    If the ref was able to make the call before Leites got his head kicked into the stands.

The Mackintosh of temazepam Hut*Hut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by His_Royness View Post
    do we have ignorant's united day or something??
    Where's the ignorance in what I said? I'm not questioning it's effectiveness one bit. I just think it's fairly fucking gay way to win a fight. In fact it's about a quarter notch above other highly effective approaches like biting, eye gouging and hair pulling in the honour department.

One things for sure, the term 'noble art' was never gonna be applied to two guys rolling around with their crotches pressed against each other looking to end a fight by twisting the other guys arm around.
    Quote Originally Posted by loadedgloves View Post
    Vijay has godo raw puri but toney liks berger king by a mile

Where's the ignorance in what I said? I'm not questioning it's effectiveness one bit. I just think it's fairly fucking gay way to win a fight. In fact it's about a quarter notch above other highly effective approaches like biting, eye gouging and hair pulling in the honour department.

One things for sure, the term 'noble art' was never gonna be applied to two guys rolling around with their crotches pressed against each other looking to end a fight by twisting the other guys arm around.
    Sorry hut but that is bollox - I've never train in BJJ but I have often use a choke to get me outta trouble.
    "No man is rich enough to buy back his past."

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

"It's hard to get out of bed and go for a run at 5am when you're wearing silk pyjamas.?

If The Glove Doesn't Fit, You Must Acquit...

Jesus didn't tap
    -----------------------------------------------------

The Josh Koscheck Bandwagon:
    TKO, Trplsec, ArturoGatti

I know Leites fought like a guys just trying to go the distance, but in the past he has actually showed plenty of heart, liek against Kampmann and Nate Marquardt.
    The OFFICIAL "I don't care what anyone says, Michael Cera is the f'n man" Bandwaggon: ArturoGatti, rooster.

I think it's very smart, skillful and highly effective... If you think only punching or wrestling is manly then we just disagree. I call it ignorant since i guess you're just not getting it but maybe it's just short-sighted or a matter of taste... whatever. I think if you have the right to call a BJJ guy girly then calling you ignorant is not much bigger of a cheap-shot...

@ Gatti - exactly - it HAS to do with how good Silva is. Maybe it's his intimidating aura or seeming invincebility - but it really looks TOO easy/effortless (literally) how he shut Leites down. You could see that if Leites would have engaged more, Silva would have iced him. So for the fans all there is to it is complaining about his unwillingness to take a risk. I can't really blame Leites since he had no chance in hell other than ending on the receiving end of a highlight reel KO.
    Last edited by His_Royness; 04-21-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Schlaaaaaand!!!

The Mackintosh of temazepam Hut*Hut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by His_Royness View Post
    I think it's very smart, skillful and highly effective... If you think only punching or wrestling is manly then we just disagree. I call it ignorant since i guess you're just not getting it but maybe it's just short-sighted or a matter of taste... whatever. I think if you have the right to call a BJJ guy girly then calling you ignorant is not much bigger of a cheap-shot...
    Fair enough. You're right that it's personal taste. I suppose I just have a quaint 19th century notion of a fair fight being a contest of strength, bravery, smarts & wills. Guess my minds stuck in the playground where a fight was about ego and honour - and ending a fight with a hold or a choke would pretty much be regarded as a bitch move and wouldn't settle anything. Kids understand at some instinctive level that that kind of thing is more like a way to get out of a fight than a way to win it and I guess I still feel the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by loadedgloves View Post
    Vijay has godo raw puri but toney liks berger king by a mile

Fair enough. You're right that it's personal taste. I suppose I just have a quaint 19th century notion of a fair fight being a contest of strength, bravery, smarts & wills. Guess my minds stuck in the playground where a fight was about ego and honour - and ending a fight with a hold or a choke would pretty much be regarded as a bitch move and wouldn't settle anything. Kids understand at some instinctive level that that kind of thing is more like a way to get out of a fight than a way to win it and I guess I still feel the same way.

I can see where you're coming from but i assure you after some BJJ guy rips your elbow in two or dislocates a knee, ankle most guys would feel that settles a FUCKLOAD... at least for that day and some months of rehab...

KOing someone with a hayemaker to the jaw is also just getting out of the fight... ;)
    Schlaaaaaand!!!

Thread Information