Do you think Pac uses PEDs?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by r o o s t e r, Dec 26, 2009.

?

Do you think Pac uses PEDs?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    59.2%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
  1. r o o s t e r

r o o s t e r "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I knock motherfuckers out
    do you think pac uses performance enhancing drugs?

i think he probably does. there were a number of ways to respond to floyd's drug test requirement: agree to the tests; agree to the tests and plan a libel action at the same time; agree to the tests and respond with more requirements of your own at the negotiating table; agree to the tests but still make the same complaints in the media that they've been making, which'd still make floyd like a scared asshole while securing the fight nonetheless; .... but instead they chose to quit the fight. the pac camp knew that refusing the tests would be a huge public relations black-eye, that it'd sully the reputation of the world's most popular boxer and prevent the fight-of-the-century from happening, but for some reason they felt committed to doing it, felt they just couldn't agree to the tests.

if pac really does react badly to taking blood, does it really hit him so bad that's he's willing to tarnish his reputation to avoid it? or if he wanted to make an ethical stand and make floyd look like an asshole for introducing extra stipulations, he would have achieved this better if he'd complained about how silly the tests were while still going ahead and agreeing to them.

it's far from certain, but it looks more likely that he's using the drugs rather than not.

of course, he's still a great great boxer, and a great great credit to the sport (more than can be said for floyd). i guess he's got a choice - stop the drugs, do the test, go into the fight unroided and (probably) lose to floyd, thus causing people to question your entire career; or stay on the drugs, beat some other people and protect at least some of the pacman aura, ready for your post-boxing political career. it's not a surprise he chose the second.

whether floyd's an asshole or not, whether this was an unfair thing to ask for or not, it looks like pac's probably been using performance enhancers.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  2. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Isn't it bad enough that these stupid midget boxers are actually making a mockery of the sport itself by implementing all these whacked stipulations? Here's how it goes: 50-50 purse split, fight signed for March 13, fight to be fought at 147. No catch weight bullsh*t. Let the motherf*ckers train, let them get their pre fight drug testing, let them FIGHT, and then get their post fight drug testing, and everybody gets paid, everybody is happy and everybody can move on with their lives!
    What the f*ck else is necessary? Nothing! This ain't f*cking politics.

3. Fighter

Fighter Undisputed Champion

I'll believe he is using PED's when it is PROVEN with facts, otherwise...

He doesn't object to testing, but he does object with INTERFERING with his training. In other words, he doesn't want to give blood samples 48 hours prior to the fight. To him, giving blood is like having sex before a fight, it WEAKENS you.

It is the Mayweather camp who chose to QUIT the fight by failing to COMPROMISE on the testing. Never mind the Commission, never mind other organizations, never mind it will still be random but not after 48 hours before the fight, never mind Pacquaio is agreeing to blood analysis immediately AFTER the fight, It's Olympic, my way or no fight.

I think Floyd is more worried about aura of invencibility than Pacquaio is judging from the body of work in the past few years.

4. r o o s t e r

floyd and his team are assholes and cowards, for sure. but if pac's not on PEDs, he could have quite easily made them look like assholes and cowards by agreeing to their tests and still gone to the media to complain like they have done. in fact he would have made them look like assholes and cowards even better by doing that, by agreeing to the fight and complaining at the same time.

5. r o o s t e r

certainly: when it comes to a question of character between floyd and he, pac wins hands-down. pac's a credit to the sport, while floyd's often a disgrace. but pac's still probably on PEDs.

6. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Do you feel this is a legitimate reason? Seems like we would have heard this bullshit excuse from an Olympian by now, don't you think?

7. r o o s t e r

sounds to me like another good point

8. Fighter

Whether it is legitimate to me,you or an Olympian carries little weight. Some people believed eating certain foods at certain times was/is a sin against God and detrimental to your health. True or not, that's what they believed.

From the 24-7 show, Pacquaio had the tattoos and blood work well BEFORE the weighin in his KO'S of Hatton and Cotto. It is CONSISTENT to what he believes.

9. r o o s t e r

dunno; seems unlikely that pac's camp would let him jeopardise this megafight and his reputation over this little foible he has, without being able to talk him round.

10. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I'll take that as a no.

When boxing changes its rules to require olympic style testing, are you suggesting that you believe Pacquiao would quit boxing rather than endure such a detrimental requirement?

Btw, you don't know that it is consistent with his beliefs because he never expressed this belief before. Why would he have? Only after 3 days of trying to come up with an excuse that will justify his refusal did we hear of this excuse. Am I wrong on this point?

11. Fighter

What you say is an excuse, he says it's an interference. The CONSISTENCY is still there because it does not contradict his past actions.

Boxing never had a problem before? When Roy Jones, Mosley, Chavez Jr, Mayorga, Tommy Morrison, Pernell Whitaker tested positive "boxing" didn't change to Olympic testing?

At this point, I'm very confortable with letting a court of LAW decide...

12. Ron King 702

Ron King 702 Undisputed Champion

good

13. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

how is getting some blood or urine taken "interference" from a training camp? It only takes a minute. And like everybody's saying, if Pac is so afraid of needles, how comes he never complained about a blood test before and how comes that he got a couple of tattoos? And by refusing, he looks like a cheater. Makes ME wonder (and a lot of people) if he is clean for real.

14. Fighter

Whether blood analysis is an interference to me personally, NO. Do I think sex the day before a fight weakens a fighter and is an interference? YES. According to Manny the two are one and the SAME.

Again, the blood work was never done right before a fight, which in this case he would be open for it if he agreed.

Pacman is obviously NOT afraid of needles, at least from the footage I've seen.

The Mayweathers and GBP could have WONDERED too. They could have COMPROMISED. They could have restrained going overboard with their ALLEGATIONS.

Even when he was campaigning at 130, he would come in above 140 fight night. He has not gaining a lot weight since moving up. It's becoming STRONGER and not losing SPEED that is objectionable to the Mayweathers and GBP.

15. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    it would be a non-story if he accepted the terms and objected for the reasons he's objecting for. This is just a bitch move by the mayweathers

16. 3OG

3OG Leap-Amateur

Yes sir! What else is standing between him signing for a 25million $ Check?!?!:nono:

17. r o o s t e r

it'd be a story i reckon. if manny's camp had complained, it would have made the boxing press, and people'd be talking about on the messageboards. stipulations are always news, especially about this megafight, and especially if they show what a bitch floyd is.

18. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
  19. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Das da one, Roost, das da one,.. good posting,.. I agree it's all good and well to hate Fraud, it's therapeutically healthy infact, he's been one of boxing's biggest predators for quite some time, but the priorities here are a bit twisted for so called 'boxing fans', they want to 'replace' Fraud with another tool of aggressive and de-regulated capitalism?... presented as an 'amazing' super-human athlete that we, and I quote "get to marvel in the brilliance of" "7 divisions! greatest of all-time!",...and his reputation couldn't get any better, it's a dream come true, from the perspective of anyone in Pacquiao's team, or ofcourse, his resident fans here, who dont want the party to ever, ever end :lol:.. But there was one particular fighter, who couldn't be gagged on the negotiation table due to his own drawing power, and he's very conscientious of losing, so he puts in an ethically sound safety clause, and in an instant has blown this other filthy revenue generator to shit,.. and Im happy about that,.. it's why Arum is bucking around screaming like a psychotic brumby that's been caught in a snare, Fraud did this to protect himself from an opponent buzzing with performance enhancers, but it just so happens that there could be a refreshing influence of an overdue reform of stringent testing in this sport as a result of it,.. I dont expect Manny's future opponents to turn down by far and away a career high purse by requesting what Fraud 'dared' to request though, they aren't in the same financial position as him, so I'm glad the handlers of Pacquiao's "juicy exhibitions" didn't see this coming, they met perhaps the only fighter in boxing who could do this to them, that cat is out of the bag,.. when this, could have gone on forever.

20. Bruce

Bruce Scrub

Home Page:
    it doesn't mean it already suggests you're on PEDs when you wouldn't want to do what the Mayweathers wanted you to do. that's what really the Mayweathers wanted to happen, cast doubt on Pacquiao. They're already having success to some degree it makes me puke. they have twisted intentions to boot.

if you have been following the news, what pacquiao is offering is pretty much sensible: he can give blood anytime before the fight but not within 48 hours before the fight; and right after the fight. it's really simple, he agrees to be tested (this is already extraordinary in the first place, and beyond what is required), but he'd like to have some flexibility his way. Floyd Sr simply is not a thinking animal, and wouldn't want to budge, for no sensible reason. my conclusion, they are simply scared of Pac. Even if I were Pacquiao I'd want to give those uneducated fools some lesson and wouldn't get myself bullied.

21. Baron

Baron "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    The "Give the Mayweathers a lesson" angle cracks me up big time. As if any sane person would penalize themselves of over 25M USD just to give a "lesson". If you believe that, I've got a case of 3 dollar bills here worth 3 million, I'll sell it to you for 100K.

I don't know if Pac uses PED, but the way he acts right now and the fact that he called the fight off because of the tests isn't a way to clear out the doubts...

I'm very disappointed... Hopefully this is all a big publicity stunt to make sure this fight is even bigger than it already is.

22. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

There should be a don't know option :kidcool:

23. r o o s t e r

wellll it's a "what do you think?" poll. if you had to guess, what'd you say?

24. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Even though I admit there is a huge possibility that he IS using HGH, I would have to vote no. Simply because there is no evidence, apart from some superb performances.

He shocked everyone when he moved straight from flyweight to 122, and fucked up ledwaba, then moved to featherweight and FUCKED Barrera up in brutal, 1 sided fashion. Do you also think he was using HGH then?

25. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

I voted yes but then I think all professional athletes are on PEDs.

They use whatever they can until testing catches up then they move on to the next thing. It's a reality of professional sports.

26. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Pedquiao fears he's behind the ball I guess.

27. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    what does mayweather sr have to do with anything? he is his son's promoter, trainer, or adviser. he has no say so in fight negotiations.

28. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

NO......

but he isn't to sure...

29. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    As of now NO

And I'm glad he's standing his ground.He did nothing wrong and should not do that excessive test.FLOYD IS NOT IN CHARGE OF BOXING!!!!!

30. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

Totally agree.