Roy says he wouldn't take the extra tests

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by James68, Dec 29, 2009.

1. James68

James68 WBC Champion

Lb. for Lb. posted this earlier but instead of burying it at the back of a thread I think it should have been front and center.
    -------------------------------------------

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=18989

ROY JONES JR SIDES WITH PACQUIAO: "I WOULDN'T TAKE ANY EXTRA TESTS!"
    By G. Leon
    GL: Are you aware of the ongoing crisis surrounding the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight? "Most definitely." GL: Do you have an opinion on it? "You could see Pacquiao's side, why should he change for Floyd? A fight don't start in the ring, it starts when the negotiation starts. If these are the rules, we're going to stick by the standard rules. On the other hand, I understand he's saying something been going on, but the problem with that is, if you're going to check him why didn't you check Marquez? Why didn't you make anybody else do it? It's kind of strange to call him out on this and nobody else."

GL: Do you see anything in Pacquiao that would lead you to feel suspicious?

RJ: "No. The kid is strong, he came up in weight and brought his stregth. Nowadays the testing is good enough, they got it to where you can't even take over the counter products. I can testify to that. The testing is very good right now and there's nothing he could really do that they can't find. Why make Pacquiao take the test and not anybody else?"

GL: Would you have made such a concession for John Ruiz or any of your other big fights?

RJ: "Hell naw. Why change the rules on me? Because I'm coming up in weight means I'm doing steroids? They're giving you a test for that anyway. It would be something that would aggravate me because then after I beat you, I was on something, don't play with me. Either you want to fight or you don't want to fight.

FULL MEMBERS ONLY INTERVIEW WITH JONES TO FOLLOW

Great point by RJJ that their tests are so good it even picks up over the counter stuff.

2. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Go away Roy!

3. Registered

Registered "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Technical Director
    Home Page:
    Roy has been saying what we've been saying the past week.

Now all we need is REED to see that his own hero is supporting Pacquiao. This should get interesting. Will REED diss on another black guy for his viewpoints?

4. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Roy knows the score, and aptly asks why Flid has not requested all his other opponents to do this.

5. Beefcake

Beefcake Leap-Amateur

IT
    Roy is just trying to get some publicity for himself seeing as he is well and truly out of the limelight.

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Sadly, Roy Jones CAN'T Remain RELEVANT Thru his In-Ring Exploits, so he's Latching Himself Onto the HOTTEST Out-of-Ring Story of the Moment...

Since WHEN is Roy Jones an Authority on Testing???:lol:...The testing is very good right now and there's nothing he could really do that they can't find. NOPE!!:nono:...Personal Trainers & Physicians R ALWAYS @ Least 1 FULL Step AHEAD of the Current Testing Methods...& Roy KNOWS that...

He's just Probably PISSY that Floyd is Threatening & Possibly Surpassing his Status...

REED:hammert:

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Exactly...After Seeing his COMPLAINTS about the Green Fight Generate Next to ZERO Interest, Roy's NOW Latching Himself to This...

8. Hex-One

Hex-One "Twinkle Toes" McJack

None of your business
    Agreed!:hammert:

9. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    Wow, the biggest nuthugger to ever hug a nut has just turned on his idol. Will the internet crack in half? Stay tuned! :lol:

10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED hasn't Turned on Anybody...REED is just Keeping it REAL....It's COMICAL that Some of Ya'll Think REED is Gonna BLINDLY Get in Line & Go Along w/WHATEVER Roy Jones Thinks is Right...Roy has Been WRONG on Many Issues Over the Years & REED has Spoken Out about them...

Roy Being Wrong in THIS Case has No Bearing on REED's Fandom for him as a Fighter...

11. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    :lol: Sorry Reed, but I had to do it:

[​IMG]

12. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Uh, you don't think they'd print the article if he'd taken the opposite position?

The point is, it's irrelevant what any boxer thinks about the matter. And RJJ's thoughts are no exception.

13. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Roy was WRONG???? :notallthere:

14. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    In all seriousness though, what Roy's saying doesn't really ring true. I think even Roy knows it.

Hey, it's totally possible that Pacquaio is taking something that wouldn't show up on a urine test, but if he isn't, then he's likely super pissed off that he's being accused of this...AND I bet part of him would argue and fight about this against Mayweather because he could easily see it as Mayweather just trying to rip up his reputation ahead of the biggest fight of his career. That's definitely psychological warfare.

15. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Gee, I still remember a time when Floyd and Roy were competing for black fighter supremacy and a certain poster on here was discreditting Floyd at every turn to stand up for a man whose ballsack he loved.

Now that Roy's legacy is ruined, said semen sucker is swinging from a new set of balls now, even talking dirt on his old love.

Fags sure are entertaining.

16. Registered

Registered "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Technical Director
    Home Page:
    ^Damn, those are fighting words.

17. ElTerriblee

ElTerriblee "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Roy saying urine tests are good enough, because they caught him.

He doesn´t even want to imagine what blood tests would have done to his career. The guy has really become a sad parody of a great fighter. Basically everything he says or does these days is idiotic and it still pays four million dollars. I´m kinda jealous. :lol:

18. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Roy is a great great great great man.

You know why he wants the Pac-Mayweather fight to happen??

So he can fight the winner, thats why.:notallthere::notallthere:

19. ElTerriblee

ElTerriblee "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Ben Johnson: I wouldn´t do extra testing.

Alabama Man: That´s right bitches listen to Ben Johnson, he knows what he is talking about.

You realize that it doesn´t really strengthen your argument, when proven cheaters side with Pacquiao to refuse extra testing. :lol:

20. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Preciate the credit James. I thought hard about making it a new thread but decided against it. The board is already littered with Pac-Mayweather threads that it's nearly a full page of it and that is why I just slapped it in one of the threads.

:lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

22. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

Ben Johnson was a cheat?

23. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

:laughing:

24. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

:lol:

That being said, alot of people seemed to lend weight to Conte's viewpoint. Listen to one cheat but not another?

25. Pascals Wager

Pascals Wager Undisputed Champion

It's really not that complicated:

Fighter A is abiding by the rules & is prepared to go ahead with the fight as per standard procedure.

Fighter B want's to add an unprecedented (not included in the rules, NOT as per standard procedure) stipulation or he won't fight.

Fan A thinks that fighter A should be able to proceed like he & fighter B (and every other fighter in history up to this point) and go ahead with the fight as per standard procedure and not have to change simply because his opponent wants him to.

"Fan" B thinks that because fighter A wants to proceed like he & fighter B (and every other fighter in history up to this point) and go ahead with the fight as per standard procedure & does not want to comply with an unprecedented (not included in the rules, NOT as per standard procedure) stipulation simply because his opponent wants him to, must be a cheat and musn't want the fight.

26. V10

V10 Undisputed Champion

Had the fight been cancelled because Floyd didn't agree to pay 10 freaking millions per pound overweight I wonder how much you would be defending Floyd for only wanting to go by standard procedures.

:nono:

27. Pascals Wager

Pascals Wager Undisputed Champion

Well firstly, I'm dealing with the reality of the situation. Not your Hypothetical scenario.
    Just as I don't bestow greatness upon a fighter for a Hypothetical (He doesn't have to fight him, would have beat him anyway) resume.

Secondly, your hypothetical scenario makes no sense as a response to my post.
    There's nothing standard about being allowed to weigh in above the weight limit.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  28. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

I wouldn't blame Floyd for refusing that, it is a ridiculous stipulation (apparently only in response to the testing demands).

29. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Conte explained how easy it is to beat the system. He helped alot of athletes beat the system. Shane Mosley wsn't caught by the tests rememeber.

30. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Pascals,
    You used to post at Boxingpress if I recall correctly. Any idea whatever happened to Boss-ski?