Another Mayweather angle ...

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by CleanYourClock, May 2, 2010.

1. CleanYourClock

CleanYourClock "Twinkle Toes" McJack

OK, question one - who ever seen Mosley fight like he was Michael J Foxx ?? What was up with the Parkinson Disease ??? Mosley was breathing out of his mouth heavily within the first 10 seconds of the fight ??? They didn't even exchange punches yet. Is this just another example of how the in-fighter Ricky Hatton for some reason decided to box from the outside Vs Mayweather ?????
    Mayweather is great but the Tyson fear doesn't help ... You know what I'm talking about .... Guys that were knocked out before the first bell even rang ... Once that ora was destroyed, down went Tyson ...
    I'll tell ya, your saving grace is not Pacquio ... (howerver you spell it)
    That will just be another "No Mass" Roberto Duran / Leonard fight .... Your saving grace will be a guy who doesn't deviate from the type of fighter that he really is .... Enough of this fake wanna be fight plans ..... Marciano never devited from his fight plan !!!!

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  2. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

3. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Only Double L is qualified to answer this.

4. Baron

Baron "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Pretty good angle.

5. CleanYourClock

It was ... Mosely has Parkinson's and was breathing heavily from the first 10 seconds of the fight ..... It just makes a guy wonder, what if Mosely went in and out relaxed like he did in the first DLH fight ..... IDK , Spinks was KO'd before he even fought Tyson ..... Why did the inside brawler in Hatton decide to become an outside boxer Vs Mayweather ????
    Its all just bullshit questions .... Mayweather is great and he won , thats the bottom line !!! You know what I'm talking about though, how could you not ??? Hatton or Mosely never fought like that. Also they started fighting like that right from the start so its not like they were beat into that style ??????

6. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    the prodigal son has returned. in the immortal words of ed lover "come'on son, getthafuckouttaherewitthatbullshit"

7. CleanYourClock

If you could give examples of why its bullshit, i'll agree with you ... IDK , tonight was the first time I seen Mosely fight like he had Parkinsons disease and was breathing through his mouth within the first 10 seconds of thr first round .... IDK, if you could show other exaples of this to show that this might be normal Mosely behavior, please post it cause I wouold like to see ...

8. Andrew

Andrew "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Hey Clock, still think you could beat up Pac in a 4 round sparring season?

9. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Actually what Mosley was doing was trying to box and he said he might do as such from the start. He has fought like that before too, in the Estrada and Cruz fights under John David Jackson. Mosley's problem is much like RJJ, he's never had much use for a jab, whether it was his own or his opponents.

I do remember though Shane did throw 1 good jab in like rd 3 or 4 that caught Floyd coming in and stopped him in his tracks.

I was pretty surprised myself at how unnerved Shane was. He was obviously tight in the first few rds and actually appeared afraid of Floyd. Most of his punches all night had nothing on them hardly.

10. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:crafty: You agree then,.. something seemed to be 'missing' ,..

11. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    :laughing::laughing::laughing:

12. lb 4 lb

Yeah, it's called youth. Was Sugar Ray Leonard off the juice when he couldn't let his hands go against Norris? How about Ali against Holmes. I get it, you think everyone is on roids ever since Floyd Sr brainwashed you. You remind us in every thread you make.

Every one. You've turned into a complete and utter antiPED preaching troll. Balco labs had records on Shane, those records showed he took, EPO one time, before the ODLH II fight. Shane even showed a difference in that fight by being more muscular and slower than any other point in his career.

Of course I expect you to over look those facts because it's much more fun for you if you have two guys to accuse of PED's rather than one.

13. cpa5oh

cpa5oh Leap-Amateur

Shane Mosely of last night looked alot like Shane Mosely of the Vernon Forrest fights.

14. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    The difference with Floyd and the guys like Leonard is that with Floyds opponents it is an easy job to spot their shortcomings...the weight issues, the age, the activity levels, what division they were coming up from. When Leonard fought Hearns, he wasn't asking a smaller man to come up and face him. He wasn't asking a near 40 year old guy to come off a 15 months hiatus. He was facing an undefeated 6'1" banger with a clean slate and a fresh outlook. Thats the difference. Maybe Mayweather is not to blame entirely, but there were a lot of fights he could have made that he didn't, and when he did make them, they were way too late. I mean, better late than never, but we are not dealing with a Ray Robinson or a Ray Leonard, or even a Joe Calzaghe. Floyd could fuck a virgin wearing 10 rubbers and he still would be taking a bigger risk than he is against the likes of little Marquez and and old Shane. Simple as.

15. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

No, Mosley wasn't fighting like this from the start.

He banged Mayweather to the body several times in the first round while bullying him around the ring quite a bit.

Hurt Mayweather badly in the 2nd round while continuing to impose his strength.

Then in the 3rd round..................he went full retard. :notallthere:

Looked like Mosley had a good gameplan going in, then he either........got intimidated by Floyd's speed...........or he just plain went stupid while good ol' Nazir was muttering "WTF is this fuckin' guy doing" under his breath in the corner.

Shane was out-feinting himself from the 3rd round on. :lol:

16. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Shane definitely seemed to suffer some sort of a psychological reverse that had as much to do with himself as it did with Floyd. I think Shane has an inferiority complex, all that glove-tapping and friendliness.

17. Breeze

Breeze WBC Champion

That really bothered me, I was rooting for Shane (even though logic told me Floyd would win). Shane has typically been a nice guy outside the ring and a lion inside it.

However, he was way to friendly last night. Floyd last night was tougher, and meaner than Shane which was really unexpected. Floyd took no prisoners and was hitting him off the break and taking the fight to Shane.

I don't understand it, I think even it pissed Nazim off too.

18. lb 4 lb

I welcome you back with open arms my friend, but that is a ridiculous statement and not true at all.

19. V10

V10 Undisputed Champion

:lol:

20. V10

V10 Undisputed Champion

You were really surprised that Floyd was tougher mentally and more competitive?

21. TysonFan4Ever

TysonFan4Ever Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    LOL! That one got me, love it. :laughing: