Fit Day

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Hut*Hut, May 8, 2010.

1. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Does anyone here use this? If not I highly recommend it. I just started this week and it's been quite eductional knowing exactly how much calories and protein I eat a day as well as my macro breakdown.

I'm fairly anti-carb in how I eat, so my macros are quite unusual with only about 10-20% a day coming from carbs with about 30-35% a day from proein and the rest coming from fat; mainly from whole milk, eggs, olive oil & nuts. usually average about 4500kc.

While I might have had a rough idea of this and been able to make a good ballpark guess prior, there's nothing like having it right there in black and white with a pie chart to boot and that'll be very helpful in the carb cycling recomp diet im about to begin.

Very easy to use too takes no more than 2 or 3m a day and less if you eat the same things regularly since you can just click on the item from a scroll down menu bar and input the serving size.

Again, highly recommended!:bears:

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  2. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Oh and BTW, its 100% free

3. Ramonza Soliloquies

Ramonza Soliloquies "Twinkle Toes" McJack

What is it? I'd be interested to examine it.

4. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    www.fitday.com/

You just search for everything you've eaten, input the serving size in grams (or ounces or cups, loads of options) and it makes a table for you, adds up the nutritional breakdown for the day and makes a wee pie chart at the bottom for you. As I said, the longer you use it, the easier it gets because everything you eat is logged so if you eat something twice you don't need to search twice, it's stored there for tyou to click on. I tend to eat roughly the same stuff pretty regularly so it takes me about 2m a day. Great for tracking your weight versus your calories and working out exactly how many you need/want, if nothing else. But also great for more complicated things because the macros are right there too.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  5. Ramonza Soliloquies

Ramonza Soliloquies "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Indeed. I have to confess, I've never learned anything of macros & such specifics in nutrition. I've always tried to keep matters on the simpler side, when it comes to what you need to know for conditioning. I suppose that has advantages & disadvanatges, in truth.

6. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Meh....beyond getting enough protein & essential fats and not going wild with carbs I don't think it's really that important. The main reason I'm going to the trouble is just that Ive gained allot of weight recently (deliberately) and will probably start a timed carb diet soon as a way of cutting fat without cutting calories (compromising strength gains) and that requires a touch of precision with these things.