Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor

  1. #31
    Bob N Weave
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    You said cauliflower in general wasn't caused by punches you fool.

    Obviously that is the case. I didn't know it at the time, as I don't give a fuck about amateur wrestling.
    I obviously meant in Lesnars case. And yeah, in general, they aren't caused by punches. When you see cauliflower ear in MMA 99% of the time it is an experienced wrestler.

  2. #32
    National Champion sexperienced's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Fedor wins this however he wants.
    If brock stands with him, brock gets KO'd quick.
    On the floor, Brock gets subbed just as quick. Dont believe what Joe Rogan says about Brock. Brock will always be a mediocre wrestler and striker who, like sylvia knows how to use his size to win fights.

    Fedor can KO and sub any heavyweight in the UFC right now if he wants to (yes, including Carwin). The longer he leaves it the harder it becomes.
    Last edited by sexperienced; 07-10-2010 at 02:23 PM.

  3. #33
    Fuck Gravity Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    19,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    I don't know about that one GF...maybe longer
    he was lifting Fedor's Whole body up with just one arm.

  4. #34
    Fuck Gravity Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    19,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexperienced View Post
    Fedor wins this however he wants.
    If brock stands with him, brock gets KO'd quick.
    On the floor, Brock gets subbed just as quick. Dont believe what Joe Rogan says about Brock. Brock will always be a mediocre wrestler and striker who, like sylvia knows how to use his size to win fights.

    Fedor can KO and sub any heavyweight in the UFC right now if he wants to (yes, including Carwin). The longer he leaves it the harder it becomes.
    I dont know where you get mediocre wrestler from. 2 time NCAA Champion, Division 1 for four years in College with a record of 106 - 5 is hardly mediocre

  5. #35
    Undisputed Champion jarhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    4,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I dont know where you get mediocre wrestler from. 2 time NCAA Champion, Division 1 for four years in College with a record of 106 - 5 is hardly mediocre
    Brock is talked about in Collegiate Wrestling as one of the greatest HW ever.
    2011 Div III Pacific Region Champions

  6. #36
    National Champion sexperienced's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    371

    Default

    OK i'll take that back, I just don't believe his ground skills are enough to neutralise fedor, he will get subbed quick if the fight hits the ground. I'm aware wrestling helps but MMA isnt wrestling.
    Brock hasnt fought anyone as quick as fedor on the ground.

  7. #37
    Im Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,559

    Default

    I'm pretty sure wrestlers win about 80% of the Wrestler vs grappler matches...

  8. #38
    National Champion sexperienced's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    371

    Default

    wrestlers are grapplers, do you mean wrestler v other grappling styles?

    BJJ and judo practioners win the most fights against wrestlers (these are judo players who adapt very quickly to the ground game).

  9. #39
    Im Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,559

    Default

    GSP and Matt Hughes at their best only lost to other wrestlers. Sherk lost to BJ, but that wasn't grappling related. And before that, he was the champ in that WC. Same with PRIDE Hendo.

  10. #40
    Sleeps in a Cage Trplsec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    14,037

    Default

    Personally I'll take a guy with Lesnar's wrestling background over a BJJ stud anytime.

    The thing about great wrestlers in MMA, the majority of the time they control where the fight takes place.

    If anyone thinks Fedor, or any HW for that matter, wants to be on their back with Lesnar on top of them, they are misguided.

    As good as Fedor is on the ground, he is only human and Brock is a beast. Arm bar and kimuras from the bottom would be difficult even for Superman Fedor.

  11. #41
    Im Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,559

    Default

    Fedor isn't even THAT good at them. A guy like Werdum is much better at subbing people, especially of their back. Fraud would know that though.

  12. #42
    Bob N Weave
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    GSP and Matt Hughes at their best only lost to other wrestlers. Sherk lost to BJ, but that wasn't grappling related. And before that, he was the champ in that WC. Same with PRIDE Hendo.

    Yeah....right......Serra and BJ were wrestlers.

  13. #43
    Im Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,559

    Default

    Hell, even shitty ass Jason Brilz was able to neutralize Nogueira on short notice.

  14. #44
    Undisputed Champion Beyond the Grave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Mtown,Ohio
    Posts
    4,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trplsec View Post
    Personally I'll take a guy with Lesnar's wrestling background over a BJJ stud anytime.

    The thing about great wrestlers in MMA, the majority of the time they control where the fight takes place.

    If anyone thinks Fedor, or any HW for that matter, wants to be on their back with Lesnar on top of them, they are misguided.

    As good as Fedor is on the ground, he is only human and Brock is a beast. Arm bar and kimuras from the bottom would be difficult even for Superman Fedor.

  15. #45
    Im Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,559

    Default

    Wrong topic.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Our Affiliates: