Peterson Prefers Rios REVENGE Over RE w/Khan...

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by REEDsART, Dec 22, 2011.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-l...-khan-rematch-for-now-fancies-revenge-vs-rios

Taking a Feather from the Klitschko Kap, Lamont Peterson Says he's More Interested in AVENGING his Brother, Anthony Peterson's, Loss to Brandon Rios than Granting Amir Khan a RE...

While Khan DEFINITELY Deserves a 2nd Crack @ Peterson, it's Good to See that Lamont ISN'T Trying to Rest on his Acquisition of a World Title w/SAFE Defenses....

REED:cheer:

2. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Surprising.

A Khan fight is more winnable and would undoubtedly pay more.

Isn't a rematch with Khan mandatory though?

3. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

He wont get revenge. Rios will beat his ass too.

FUCK whining Khan though! I'm glad he doesnt get his belt back. Little whiney bitch.

4. mexican wedding shirt

It's a pretty bad matchup for Peterdude, he doesn't have the power to keep Rios off, or the elusiveness to outslick him, or the workrate to keep up with him.

He'll get bashed.

5. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I'm not so sure. Peterson will have a speed advantage he didn't against Khan. But more importantly, tr has apparently offered him a better deal.

I like the idea of the amateur being squeezed out. Let him go to 147.

6. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
  7. mexican wedding shirt

Oh shit, that's interesting, I assumed it was in the contract.

But yeah Double, I like the idea of Khan being skanked out of a rematch too.

8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    So this is why Oscar looked like a fat-faced maudlin toss-pot- he knew there was no Re-clause and that his man was likely to get left out in the cold. Peterson has lucrative options.

Pugilistically, Khan deserves a rematch. It was a decent close fight.

Personally, Khan deserves fuck all. He took Peterson lightly, probably offered him very little money and then went whining after the fact.

PS the Klitschkos never turned down lucrative rematches after close fights to go and fight somebody their brother lost to. What did Wlad say? Fuck you Barrett, close fight but no rematch, I'm off to fight Byrd to make Vitali feel better? What did Vitali say? Fuck you Lewis, I prefer to fight Sanders for a vacant title? Who missed out on a payday vs Vitali just so he could fight Purritty?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  9. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Had a few holiday drinks?

10. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Rarely drink, drink brings the country down. Have not even had a coffee, too many kids dying picking that shit. Did you read about the Sugar Belt kids? Check it out.

11. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    hear hear :mj:

12. mexican wedding shirt

Good post Irish.

Despite hating Khan, if he had just kept his mouth shut after the fight and took his loss with dignity, objectively I would say he really deserves a rematch.

But being such a pathetic whiny bitch after the fight, talking about getting the decision overturned etc for a ref doing his job, I hope he doesn't get a rematch at all.

13. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

It was a good post until the odd Klitschko rambling.

14. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    The thing of it is, I have a feeling that if Khan were left to his own devices, he would go back to England and have a few easy paydays there then relaunch himself as soon as a title became vacant etc.

Its his father, advisor and Oscar that he acts as a vessel for. They say "rematch", "appeal", "robbed" and Amir trots it out like it were the very truth itself.

His team are known scrooges. They offer shite money to begin with. And Oscar isn't St Francis on the old generosity front. Running around saying that the Peterson crew had offered them a rematch. Yeah. OK.:Thumbs: Everyone knows the dust settles first, then people make their decisions. Not at ringside in the heat of the moment.

Team Khan and Oscar seem to be some sort of a blend of ingénue and thief all at the same time. Thats why Oscar De La Ladron was stood there with that upset look on his face. He knew that when Petey Pete resurfaced, he was going to have options in Rios, Timmy La Testa and Khan. Its not like he had nowhere else to go except back to Khan which WOULD have been the case if they had done the extra contractual legwork. Sloppy thieves are something I can't stand.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  15. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Reed "erroneously" introduced that. No Klitschko ever re-fought a Sanders/Purritty/Byrd if there was superior business to be done elsewhere. I know Reed was just by-the-by, its no bigge, I threw it in as an addendum. Peterson would be turning his back on a Khan re. to do the Rioss/Anthony thing. Vitali never wanted any part of Sanders, he wanted Lewis II. Just saying.

16. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    I think Golden Boy has already laid the groundwork to move Khan to 147 by making it appear they're trying to make the rematch.

First they said they've offered Peterson $1 million and the fight happens in England...then it was the Staples Center. Then they said HBO gave them a date in May and Amir will fight that day with or without Peterson.

I believe they're set on their date and will move Khan to 147 and pretend they did everything to make a rematch and make it appear Peterson didn't want a return match.

17. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Par for the course, considering not just Oscar and Team Khan, but the time and the age itself.

"Scandalously driven out of 140 after a broken promise and controversial refereeing, the multi-faceted Khan faces dangerous contender Freddie Pendleton in tonights epic clash, book now, $59.99"
    ...Okay.
    :wack:

18. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

:laughing:

19. loadedgloves

loadedgloves "Twinkle Toes" McJack

No, he's just crazy.

20. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
  21. loadedgloves

Looks gay/cheesy as hell. Like a Maxim (which is terrible to begin with) for parki Guidos living in the UK. This type of thing is your reading material of choice?

22. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Choice is dead mate. Welcome to the UK/Ireland in 2011. PS I agree with you, it's a shite publication, and it seems that parki fellows are being sold the same line of shite, just printed in the opposite direction. In fact, some of the content is disgraceful, it offers fuck all guidance and has no literary merit.

Khan, just to stay on topic, should come back to England now and fight some tough domestic opposition. They messed up in-and-out-of-the-ring with Peterson. They either offer him the big big money now, or they cut their losses and get back to England, fight some local lads, make a bit of noise, then go back to the USA.

23. loadedgloves

I think they should go all out to try to get the Peterson fight.. offer him 70% if they have to. It's a fight Khan is almost certain to win, especially since GBP will ensure they have a ref who lets him get away with murder whenever Peterson gets inside.

24. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yes, I agree, but, with my Green-and-White Crescent hat on, I cannot for the life of me see Shah Khan and Asif Vali taking this one on the chin. Its their nature to demand the lions share. Will they see the bigger picture- accept Oscars wisdom that he can get them the right conditions in Vegas, and swing for the fences after they beat Peterson, or will their innate nature as cornershop skinflints prevent them for seeing the overall. Pardon my insensitivity- I am merely being genuine. My guess is that they are pre-disposed to a penny-wise, pound-foolish mentality and it will be up to Oscar to convince them that he can turn the trick in Vegas and then they can start making money later. Do they think that they know best? My guess is that they regard Oscar as a mere business partner they can, and should, over rule from time to time.

25. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    i think peterson whups rios.

26. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    stay on topic. This is the Khan forum. :nono:

That that Peterson/Rios shit to TAAA :lol:

Seriously, Khan is, ironically, a focal yet distant figure in all of this. :scratcher:

He's nowhere, yet everywhere.

27. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    i agree with the puerto rican, peterson beats rios.

28. mexican wedding shirt

Unless Peterdude suddenly has a new lease of life after dethroning Skate 'n' Flurry, I very much doubt he beats Rios.

Peterdude did surprisingly well as a makeshift pressure fighter against Khan, but looked pretty crap against Ortiz and Bradley when they took the fight to him.

29. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    We're still not sure about Rios. I hope Peterson doesn't do a Rahman on this. He's won a big fight, his next big fight is crucial, and he's got to win it, especially if it isn't against Khan.

30. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:Freddie Pendleton