Junior welterweight round robin

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Xplosive, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Mel Taylor
    Tszyu
    Antonio Cervantes
    Frankie Randall

Personally I'm going with Cervantes.

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Though he LACKED Aaron Pryor's Workrate, Meldrick Taylor Possessed even HIGHER Levels of Handspeed & Overall Athleticism, which Contributed to Cervantes' LOSS to Pryor...

No, Taylor DOESN'T Stop Cervantes is 4, as Pryor did, but REED Can See Taylor Pocketing More Rounds, Fading Late & Ekeing Out a Close but Clear Decision...

Taylor vs. Tszyu would B the BEST Fight of the Bunch, w/Either Guy Capable of ENDING the Other Early...But If they Fought 10 Times, REED Likes Taylor to Win 7 of them...

REED:Lok:

3. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Cervantes was an old man when Pryor got to him. I could definitely see Mel beating that version. But even so, it was Pryor's power and strength that got to Cervantes more than anything. Needless to say, Taylor hit nowhere near as hard as Aaron.

The mid 70's Cervantes? Nah, Mel was too easy to hit, and Cervantes had too much power and rangy, and GREAT stamina.

4. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Cervantes was old for sure, but he was still pretty handy when Pryor beat him. It's a solid win.

I do agree, though, that Cervantes, while certainly not shot or ready to be taken by just any old contender, was well past his best days and was a much sharper fighter than the guy Pryor beat up.

I do think Taylor would be very difficult for him.

One of them wins this little round robin. Randall and especially Tszyu were quality fighters and they would be competetive but I'd make both underdogs to AC and MT