Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63

Thread: Roberto Duran vs Juan Manuel Marquez

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus of montreal View Post
    Duran by dec

    it'S probaly getting ugly for JMM late

    Chavez beats duran tough, his straighter punched would land before Duan looping shots
    wald pussy


  2. #32
    The Greatest Xplosive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Your girl's crib
    Posts
    17,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mexican wedding shirt View Post
    Duran Chavez would be a similar fight to Floyd Marquez.

    Chavez doesn't have one advantage, or the style to trouble Duran. It would be a 1 sided fight.
    Bullshit!

    I'm a HUGE Duran fan, and there's no doubt he beats Chavez, but it wouldn't be a blow out.

    Chavez would be competitive, but in the end a clear loser. Duran's far superior speed, and defense would be the difference.
    "I never came into the ring trying to intimidate anybody. I just came and presented myself, and if they choose to be intimidated cool. If not, they're still gonna hit eventually." - Iron Mike

  3. #33
    GLADYS cdogg187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In your Heart
    Posts
    54,440

    Default

    Chavez was too good and too complete and tough a fighter at his best to really lose big against anybody, and that includes Duran.

    I don't doubt that Duran would win, but the idea that it would be anything other than a hard-fought, competitive fight is flat out crazy to me.

    I don't care what great lightweight you are throwing out there... nobody's having an easy night against Chavez and most people lose.
    [SIZE=4][I][B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]"Did I imagined this or did this really happened?"[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE]

  4. #34

    Default

    Name one advantage Chavez has, one.

    Everything in the fight is in favour of Duran, size, power, speed, strength, infighting, defense, literally everything, even chin and stamina.

    That's why it's similar to Floyd vs Marquez, as good a fighter as Marquez is, he was up against a guy who he held not one advantage over.

    Duran vs Chavez would not be competitive, Chavez would come forward and get bludgeoned and schooled by the stronger, faster, craftier, harder to hit Duran.
    wald pussy


  5. #35
    The Greatest Free Ike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jake's Rule Violations: 3.5
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mexican wedding shirt View Post
    Name one advantage Chavez has, one.

    Everything in the fight is in favour of Duran, size, power, speed, strength, infighting, defense, literally everything, even chin and stamina.

    That's why it's similar to Floyd vs Marquez, as good a fighter as Marquez is, he was up against a guy who he held not one advantage over.

    Duran vs Chavez would not be competitive, Chavez would come forward and get bludgeoned and schooled by the stronger, faster, craftier, harder to hit Duran.
    He was a better fighter than the aids infested Dejesus who beat the shit out of Duran. I am glad I have finally stepped out of my imposes silence on DURAN. I have to thank Ugo. I am the Stalin to his Lenin. I am sick and tired of the unjustified Duran nuthuggery. He got into the head of a superior fighter in SRL and then couldn't do anything once SRl used his vastly superior skill.

    It is an insult to the Fab 4 to include the vastly inferior Duran. It should be the fab 3 and a overrated rapist who violated ever rule in the book and his nuthuggers call it skill.
    ARTHUR ABRAHAM HAS DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE A BANDWAGAN: FREE IKE, Mexican Wedding shirt (V.P and president of Western Europe division)
    Roberto Duran's style was homosexual and Ruizian. Facts are fun.
    [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/R._Budd_Dwyer,_moments_before_the_end.jpg/200px-R._Budd_Dwyer,_moments_before_the_end.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #36
    GLADYS cdogg187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In your Heart
    Posts
    54,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mexican wedding shirt View Post
    Name one advantage Chavez has, one.

    Everything in the fight is in favour of Duran, size, power, speed, strength, infighting, defense, literally everything, even chin and stamina.

    That's why it's similar to Floyd vs Marquez, as good a fighter as Marquez is, he was up against a guy who he held not one advantage over.

    Duran vs Chavez would not be competitive, Chavez would come forward and get bludgeoned and schooled by the stronger, faster, craftier, harder to hit Duran.
    Duran had trouble with fighters who couldn't carry Chavez's jock. Be sensible here. Put him in as one of the challengers during Duran's reign and he's absolutely the best, better than DeJesus.
    [SIZE=4][I][B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]"Did I imagined this or did this really happened?"[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE]

  7. #37

    Default

    Exactly, you can't name one advantage Chavez has, because he doesn't have any

    Can you imagine Chavez moving to WW and fighting a prime, undefeated Leonard? He would get raped. He was not in Duran's league in terms of ability or even size.

    And to clarify, Duran had mild struggles with fighters who were completely different to Chavez stylistically, guys like Viruet, and it was generally an unmotivated Duran too that struggled against anyone, such as DeJesus 1.

    Have a look at the DeJesus rematch and rubbermatch to see what a prime, pumped Duran can do, let alone the Palomino and Leonard fights.

    When one fighter is bigger than the other, and has every conceivable advantage, including speed, it's generally a pretty 1 sided fight unless the smaller fighter has a particular style to trouble the bigger fighter, which Chavez didn't.
    wald pussy


  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mexican wedding shirt View Post
    Exactly, you can't name one advantage Chavez has, because he doesn't have any
    IMO Chavez was the more precise puncher at close, plus his punches were a bit more compact. Also, even if Chavez didn't have an advantage in punching power, chin or mentality, he doesn't lose much in them either and thus Duran would NOT have easy time with him
    Quote Originally Posted by "Pascals Wager"

    I was thinking in my head & in my head I think that Styles makes fights is good.
    Its true because when someone beats someone who beat them its confusing like when Frazer beat Ali and Ali beat Foreman who beat Frazer Its because of styles make fights Foreman hits harder than Ali and that made him able to knock out Frazer But Foreman could not knock out Ali because Ali was different to Frazier with his style.
    and also, the jab is a good punch to do.




  9. #39

    Default

    Well I actually disagree, Duran was just the looser looking fighter. He was extremely precise and technical on the inside, and very accurate.

    But even if what you say is true, it's not enough of a reason to be competitive with a guy who holds every other advantage.

    For example Marquez is a better combination puncher than Floyd, and is more keen on letting his hands go, didn't do him much good though, as he was up against a guy that was somewhat similar stylistically, but better in every other area.
    wald pussy


  10. #40
    The Greatest Xplosive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Your girl's crib
    Posts
    17,708

    Default

    Bringing up the Dejesus fight to support JCC's chances are lame, because that was a PRE-PRIME Duran that lost to Dejesus, in a non-title bout, and Dejesus and Chavez's styles were NOTHING alike.

    The Duran of the third Dejesus fight, THAT was Duran at his peak. Chavez does NOT beat that Duran. Gives him a tough fight, yes. But loses clearly.
    "I never came into the ring trying to intimidate anybody. I just came and presented myself, and if they choose to be intimidated cool. If not, they're still gonna hit eventually." - Iron Mike

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
    Bringing up the Dejesus fight to support JCC's chances are lame, because that was a PRE-PRIME Duran that lost to Dejesus, in a non-title bout, and Dejesus and Chavez's styles were NOTHING alike.

    The Duran of the third Dejesus fight, THAT was Duran at his peak. Chavez does NOT beat that Duran. Gives him a tough fight, yes. But loses clearly.
    I absolutely agree, even forgetting pre prime or that Duran clearly underestimated him, they are really different stylistically.

    I agree peak Duran was late 70's, he was a pure, unadulterated fighting machine, and a fucking strong, beefy lightweight too.

    Chavez doesn't give him a fight though, he just doesn't. Personally I think Chavez is incredibly overrated, but I do acknowledge he was a very good fighter, with that said he matches up horribly with Duran, he would get butchered, even by the early 70's version.

    Whitaker, the guy who schooled Chavez, would give Duran a very tough fight, Chavez wouldn't, he's be outsped, outsmarted, outmuscled, and he would find Duran very, very difficult to hit compared to vice versa.
    wald pussy


  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mexican wedding shirt View Post
    Well I actually disagree, Duran was just the looser looking fighter. He was extremely precise and technical on the inside, and very accurate.

    But even if what you say is true, it's not enough of a reason to be competitive with a guy who holds every other advantage.

    For example Marquez is a better combination puncher than Floyd, and is more keen on letting his hands go, didn't do him much good though, as he was up against a guy that was somewhat similar stylistically, but better in every other area.
    Excellent expression in Duran's case
    Quote Originally Posted by "Pascals Wager"

    I was thinking in my head & in my head I think that Styles makes fights is good.
    Its true because when someone beats someone who beat them its confusing like when Frazer beat Ali and Ali beat Foreman who beat Frazer Its because of styles make fights Foreman hits harder than Ali and that made him able to knock out Frazer But Foreman could not knock out Ali because Ali was different to Frazier with his style.
    and also, the jab is a good punch to do.




  13. #43
    Amateur Champ Pagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugotabe Kidding View Post
    Excellent expression in Duran's case
    Ugo, if you hate holding so much (and i agree with you in this), how come it doesn't bother you that much in Wlad's case? He's a much worse offender in this regard and you're still a pretty big fan of his.

  14. #44
    The Greatest Free Ike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jake's Rule Violations: 3.5
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mexican wedding shirt View Post
    Exactly, you can't name one advantage Chavez has, because he doesn't have any

    Can you imagine Chavez moving to WW and fighting a prime, undefeated Leonard? He would get raped. He was not in Duran's league in terms of ability or even size.

    And to clarify, Duran had mild struggles with fighters who were completely different to Chavez stylistically, guys like Viruet, and it was generally an unmotivated Duran too that struggled against anyone, such as DeJesus 1.

    Have a look at the DeJesus rematch and rubbermatch to see what a prime, pumped Duran can do, let alone the Palomino and Leonard fights.

    When one fighter is bigger than the other, and has every conceivable advantage, including speed, it's generally a pretty 1 sided fight unless the smaller fighter has a particular style to trouble the bigger fighter, which Chavez didn't.
    I agree, only because Chavez fought with skill and within the rules. If you gave him PCP and let him hold, headutt, nut hit and foul he may have. It is harder to be Pacquiao than Mayweather. It IS HARDER TO FIGHT LEGAL. Duran fought like a drunken octopus only that may have been watchable. Also, I am not sure Octopussies are homos like Duran.
    ARTHUR ABRAHAM HAS DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE A BANDWAGAN: FREE IKE, Mexican Wedding shirt (V.P and president of Western Europe division)
    Roberto Duran's style was homosexual and Ruizian. Facts are fun.
    [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/R._Budd_Dwyer,_moments_before_the_end.jpg/200px-R._Budd_Dwyer,_moments_before_the_end.jpg[/IMG]

  15. #45
    The Greatest Free Ike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jake's Rule Violations: 3.5
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Ugo, if you hate holding so much (and i agree with you in this), how come it doesn't bother you that much in Wlad's case? He's a much worse offender in this regard and you're still a pretty big fan of his.
    I am at least consistent. I hate holders and runners. Once fighter, Pernell Whitaker did both. It isn't his fault. The officials allow fighters like Duran,Whitaker, Ruiz, Slopkins, Wald Pussy and Sergio Pussy break the rules without punishment.
    ARTHUR ABRAHAM HAS DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE A BANDWAGAN: FREE IKE, Mexican Wedding shirt (V.P and president of Western Europe division)
    Roberto Duran's style was homosexual and Ruizian. Facts are fun.
    [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/R._Budd_Dwyer,_moments_before_the_end.jpg/200px-R._Budd_Dwyer,_moments_before_the_end.jpg[/IMG]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Our Affiliates: