Barnett vs. Cromier

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Anthony, May 16, 2012.

1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    So this fight is coming up. Who do you guys have winning. Also, should despite the outcome, both fighters be signed by the UFC? And if Both fighters are signed, do you see any of them making waves?

2. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I don't know much about Cormier. I will take Barnett here. UFC should sign the winner and keep the loser in Strikeforce. Does Strikeforce even have a hw division after this fight??/ I would keep the loser there and sign a whole bunch of hw's and keep strikeforce as a farm league for the UFC.

3. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Cormier should come to the UFC win or lose. Barnett should be banned to fighting in Japan, win or lose.

4. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    ok but lets say they both came, will they be competative?

5. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I've always thought that Barnett could be competitive with any HW in the world. His stand-up is average but he's got a granite chin. Steroids aside, I'd love to see him and JDS.

Cormier is still green but he is improving as fast as anyone in the sport. His wrestling base is top notch and he is starting to strike with ease and fluidity.

I think Cormier is going to be a handful for Barnett. Barnett hasn't faced a wrestler with the pedigree of Cormier since way back when he fought Couture, I think. And even Couture was under-sized at HW and was further removed from his wrestling hayday.

If Cormier can dictate where the fight happens, he wins with superior striking speed and power.

By the way, I would welcome any correction about Barnett's opponents. I'm sure there are some guys on his resume that I don't know very well.

6. BOSS

BOSS TBD

This whole tournament was a huge disappointment. I was expecting some of these great match ups to take place :

Fedor vs Barnett
    Fedor vs Werdum II
    Fedor vs Overeem
    Overeem vs Barnett

Hell even Overeem vs Big Foot would be an interesting match up

I think this all has to do with them stupidly putting all but one of their best heavyweights on one side of the brackets. If Fedor was on the Barnett side he very well might have made it to the finals to take on Cormier as it turns out.

7. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

How funny is it that the winner ends up being a guy that started the tourney with 8 fights?

Fedor, Barnett, Overeem, Werdum and Daniel Cormier wins the whole thing. I love it.

8. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Yeah I just watched the fight today and Cormier looked really good. His hands look good, his wrestling was great and his stamina was good too. I think his chin is still kinda a question mark though. He's also a small heavyweight and I think that might catch up to him one day. On sherdog they said he should fight Shane Carwin next and I think that's a huge mistake. Carwin if anything has great power,good chin, good wrestling and improved stamina. I think he just might catch Cormier with one of his trademark bombs. I would match Cormier up with someone like Roy Nelson and let him grow for a bit. I would keep him out of the top 3 for at least a year.