SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by lb 4 lb, Jun 19, 2012.

1. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN

GENRE - ACTION/FANTASY

PREMISE - A young Snow White who is as pure as pure can be, loses her mom. Her father quickly gets remarried to the Evil Queen, a real stuck up bitch who's been wronged by men 1 too many times. Snow White is kept in a dungeon for maybe a decade but on the day she is to be executed all of a sudden finds a big nail and manages to escape. A hunter is sent after her but winds up becoming her protector.

CRITIQUE - This is your typical CGI fare here. Lame story, stupid accents, and worst of all extremely weak dialogue. I mean the dialogue was attrocious. There was hardly any real conversation, just cool phrases mostly. The action was okay, certainly not the best part of the film though. Probably the best thing about the film was the CGI visuals and if that is what you're hanging your film on, I'm sorry but you've just failed. About the best thing I can say about this film is it was better than Wraith of the Titans.

SCORE - 4.5/10

2. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I was really looking forward to watch this film, but all the bad reviews really stoped me from going to watch it. Your review confirms what everybody is saying about it.

3. lb 4 lb

Bad reviews? Well it has a very respectable 6.6 from movie goers on IMDB, but then again Wraith of the Titans has a 6.0 so that probably tells you how reliable those scores are.

Honestly, I knew it would suck just off of the trailer. So why did I go see it you ask? To be honest I wanted some movie popcorn, and I'm not kidding there, that's really why I kind of forced that movie onto myself. The popcorn over here in Japan is freaking delicious and I'm going to see Spiderman this weekend so I'll be getting some more. Luckily that's one film I actually want to see, even though I'm not impressed by the trailer.

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Good review and confirms exactly what I thought just after seeing the movie's poster...and...Kirsten Stewart is in it.

5. lb 4 lb

Yeah a lot of negative reviews I read mentioned her particular wooden acting and it's something that I didn't really realize at first. I rarely notice bad acting unless it's atrocious but she definitely wasn't a plus for the film. I did remember her pump up the crowd speech fell flat on it's face but I didn't bother to mention it.

I will say this. After the movie I asked my girl how does Kirsten Stewart get to be a relevant actor with this bucked rabbit teeth she has. I figured it must be one of those things where they tell everyone it's cute and most people get brainwashed and say yeah, it's cute. Trust me it's not. She needs to do something, maybe get some veneers or even braces.

6. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Not quite like Lauren Hutton and her massive front-tooth-gap, then. :lol:

7. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Kristen Stewart's the highest paid actress in Hollywood now, having earned nearly $35 mill over the past year thanks to big franchise hits like Twilight.

8. lb 4 lb

She must be getting a piece of the gross. Either way the success of the Twilight films have nothing to do with her.

9. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Possibly but regardless of whoever played her role in the Twilight films, that actress was going to be making big bank because of the popularity of the films. She's been lucky to have been involved in big projects. But she's been acting in films since 1999 when she was 9.

10. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Watch it and had to admit I liked it. Maybe because my expectations were so low and turned out to be better. Not a memorable film, but I could watch it one more time if family members ask me to watch it with them. 6/10