Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back as Conan!

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

niversal Studios has announced that 65 years old Arnold Schwarzenegger will reprise his role as Conan in the sequel to the 1982 film Conan The Barbarian. But there was already a sequel to that film title Conan, The Destroyer, you might say. But since Hollywood has the memory of an octagenarian with Alzheimmer's, they will pretend that sequel and the recent reboot with Jason Momoa never existed. The Legend of Conan as the film will be called is based on the long defunct John Millius project King Conan: Crown of Iron which will follow the exploits of an older Conan now king of Aquilonia. The project will not have John Millius involvement even though this was his baby. The film will possibly be released on 2014.

[​IMG]
    I just hope Arnold keeps his torso covered or will they go cgi on his muscles ala 300?

1982 2012
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  2. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    Rather bizarre if true, that he would take a project like this.

3. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Well he will be playing an aging king. So it's not that bizare.

4. Anthony

Motherfucker
    that pic is not from 2012

5. Anthony

Motherfucker
  6. BOSS

BOSS TBD

What movie is that from Anthony? And I think an aging king kinda deal who wants to die with a sword in his hand is very plausible. I think he can easily pull it off and I'm sure they're not stupid enough to make him a full blown warrior again killing 5000 people. Should be casted similarly to the way how Eastwood casted himself in Gran Torino.

7. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Yup. That pic is from 1985

8. Anthony

Motherfucker
    This is from a new movie he is doing called "Ten"

9. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I meant the old one. The old one was from like 4 years ago after his accident where he couldnt work out.

10. BOSS

BOSS TBD

ya me too it was a joke Anthony. try and keep up bro.

11. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Arnold already made two movies that are in post production. The last stand and the Tomb (The tomb also has Stallone in it and 50 cent ugh.)

12. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Yeah he will be done filming ten soon. All three movies will come out in 2013. He doesnt have much time so he has to rush.

13. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

No it isn't bizarre at all that he's taking this role. What's bizarre is his desperation to relive his glory days. Much like Stallone Arnie is now too old to just slap his name on a movie and have it become an instant hit. For instance I've seen the Last Stand trailer and have no intention of ever watching it and I doubt it will do well at the box office. So apparently Hollywood is getting desperate to give Arnie a winner by dusting off his old Conan digs. This is why Willis will have the better career of both Arnie and Stallone because once he got to old to keep doing action flicks Willis was easily able to step back into the other genre's he's been doing his whole career, comedy and drama.

14. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Since Stallone has been back regularly, all his movies have been hits. And Arnold has been missed since he left. He has been in high demand by Hollywood since he left office. You say you have no desire to see the last stand, but you are in the minority IMO. Not only is Arnold worth seeing, but the director is Jee-woon Kim. One of the hottest Korean directors out there. The combination of these two will be great IMO.

As for Willis, you cant really compare him with the other two. He was the new breed of action star. The action star that had to not only be tough. But also play soft roles too. That needed to be done to survive in hollywood today. That is why people like Pitt, Damon, depp, cruise survive as action stars, Cause they have more range and need it. But that doesn't stop the fans from still appreciating some nostalgia once in a while. Just like back in the day old ass Charles Bronson and lee Marvin and Fred Williamson or James coburn could pull off bad ass motherfuckers in their 60s. Cause people remembered them being bad asses in their early careers.

15. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    i'm just not sure about this shit Anold is doing

his face has aged terribly in the last 10 years...it's all droopy....he looked awful in Expendables 2....Stallone is looking alot younger so is pulling off these action roles

why have his character as some big shot? we're to believe that he is a 65 year old king...or 65 year old Sherrif?? why not just have his character as a retiree, or war veteran or something like that....here's a movie idea - Arnold is a war veteran sitting at home and some very dangerous bank robbers are hiding out next door and take his neighbours hostage

16. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

deleted for punchy.. too sensitive

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  17. Panchyprsss

LOK: delete that nude picture. Now this stupid thread is not safe for work!:pissed:

18. LOK

deleted just for you punchy

19. Panchyprsss

I have no problem with Arnold reprsing Conan as an old king since that is exactly what he should look like. But even 60 year old Conan king of Aquilonia, in the books, was a formidable warrior who must battle his arch enemy Toth-Amon, the evil sorcerer of Stygia who is a devout servant of the snake god Set and rescue his son, Conn, who was kidnapped. BTW the angle of Conan being king of Aquilonia was conceived by the original author Robert E. Howard in The Phoenix of the sword which is more about royal intrigue than real action and also The Hour of The Dragon, another royal court intrigue story where this time the conspirators depose Conan as king. it was only in the subsequent stories (not written by Howard) where king Conan sees real action again regardless his age.

June 2012 Ahnuld

[​IMG]

20. Panchyprsss

Thank you, pal.:Thumb:

21. BOSS

BOSS TBD

i just watched the trailer for the last stand after lb 4 lb brought it up and i must say I kinda agree. I wouldn't wanna go to the movies to watch that one. It seems like Arnold is parodying himself which is kinda sad.

22. LOK

Bless you Panch

i'm sorry the austrian sausage upset you

he has really went down hill badly huh? maybe not by regular person standards but when you look at his position in health and fitness for so long you'd think he'd stay in better shape

23. BOSS

BOSS TBD

That's what I said. He should at least do one movie ala Clint Eastwood's Grand Torino. But the difference and the that's where the risk is is that it would lead to a lot more acting and dialogue required from Arnold and we all know that's not his strength.

24. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:

He was governor of California for a decade, I don't think he took his fitness very seriously during that time. I think when he took that office, it was the decline of his physique. He'll get back in decent shape for his upcoming movies but at 65 years old he's not going to look like he did in his 40's. Stallone has been using the shit out of growth hormone and other steroids to retain his looks and he's probably a very hard worker in regards to his fitness but its because he relies on it for his career. Arnold didn't need to do that for over decade because he wasn't acting anymore. I have to cut him some slack for letting himself go a bit. I do fully expect him to be in half decent shape though inside of a year or two. At least good enough that you'll be surprised at the changes he's made.

25. LOK

no doubt 65 is not 40 but 65 can still be impressive and with his work ethic and dedication i bet he could be amazing

26. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    Like I said man, I'm pretty sure you'll see him in pretty good shape in a year or two, it will take some time to get back there, but I'm certain its a prioirty for him. He was out of shape before he took the role for Terminator 3 too and in less than a year people were amazed at how he looked for that movie. Of course he was in his 40's then but still, he'll always have the genetics to make things happen quickly that most people can't, and I'm about 110% certain he'll be using some drugs to get there even faster.

27. LOK

but were you suprised at the size of his sausage?

28. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:

I didn't see the photo, it was blocked from work.

29. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Hanzy is.

That's why he hasn't posted in this thread.

He's too busy jerking off to the uncooked Austrian smoked-salami...

30. LOK

do you think Hanzy pretends the salami of arnold is going in his curry butt?