StarWars 7

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by TKO, Oct 30, 2012.

1. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

2. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Goddamn! This guy is in Bill Gates territory now.

He may be a shitty ass director, but he was smart as hell about being so shitty.

3. TKO

That's a lot of money for someone like Lucas but he's still a long way of gates.

4. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Full control? Lucas won't have any control as he sold his company to Disney and they are the ones making the next Star Wars trilogy which is planned for a 2015 release. Lucas will be on simply as an advisor if he's even still alive by then. This is actually great news as Disney knows how to make great movies unlike Lucas who seemed to lose touch with his present time causing his films to be stupid and flop. It's funny how reading the article link below, you hear how the constant criticisms (mostly from fans) got so bad with his last few films that it drove him into retirement.

In particular the scene in the last Indiana Jones where Jones hides in a refer to escape a nuclear bomb received a lot of fan criticism and I think that scene shows just how out of touch Lucas was with the times. In the 70's and maybe even the 80's he could have gotten away with that scene but today people are too educated and smart to fall for lazy scenes where the science doesn't back up the on screen portrayl.

Adios Lucas, you won't be missed.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/disney-star-wars-films-buy-210830937.html

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  5. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

George Lucas finally has shown his true colors as a greedy mutherf@cker by selling the Star Wars franchise to Disney. That said, I am glad Disney will continue the adventures of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo & Leia. I just hope Disney comes up with a solid script,a good director, bring back the original geriatric actors and most important KEEP LUCAS AS FAR AWAY FROM PRODUCTION SO HE DOESN"T SHIT ON THE NEW TRILOGY!

6. TKO

That's what I said, he won't have full control..?

7. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Im glad its finally out of his hands.

8. Panchyprsss

Me too. He wasn't going to do anything with the saga except lame 3D releases, tv series,etc, but no films. And no one wanted him to make any other film. Now in Disney's & Kathleen Kennedy capable hands another trilogy with Luke, Han & Leia can be made. I just hope they don't go with younger actors playing these characters or if they do, have the original cast have some sort of cameo scene. I am actually excited.

9. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    any idea what the storyline would be to a Star Wars VII ?

10. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Disney knows how to fuck things up. The Avengers was a fluke. They'll cast Ryan Reynolds as Han Solo and Justin Timberlake as Luke.

11. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

:lol: Of course they will get totally new actors for it.
    How naive!

12. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

:bears: Let's hope so!

Disney will put the long-awaited nails in this silly framchises coffin...

13. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I disagree he's greedy and did this for the money. It isn't like he was broke before this. The mofo was already rich as hell. I think he did it because he's retired and can't do anything with Star Wars Universe anymore so he may as well sell it to someone who can. I think he did it for his fans more than anything, especially when he constantly hears how much he's disappointed them over the last few years.

I know that's what you said, and it implies that Lucas will have some sort of control which he won't. It's not a big deal but I was just insuring everyone here understands that Lucas will not have any input other than advice which Disney won't even have to take if they disagree with it.

14. Roll With The Punches

Home Page:
    so Disney will be able to make Indiana Jones movies too? that's probably a better idea that Star Wars.....a young Indiana trilogy

15. Panchyprsss

Not necessarily. There are books about the exploits of the older characters, their children and new threats. In the books Luke is an Obi wan-like mentor to new younger jedi knights, Han & Leia's twin children have their own adventures. Some new Sith Lords have shown up and joined forces some old Empire generals whose fleet weren't defeated by the rebels and are causing unrest in portions of the galaxy.
    Or they can hire J.J. Abrams, a very vocal Star Wars fan, to reboot the franchise with younger actors to step in the familiar characters roles like he did with Star Trek.
    My choices for directors are J.J. Abrams, Guillermo del Toro, Steven Spielberg (Lucas promised him to direct one and never did), or Andrew Stanton, the director of John Carter which is somewhat similar to Star Wars and is a regular Disney director.

16. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

...and all-out failure.
    Well done, Disney! :popcorn:

17. Panchyprsss

Which actors could play Luke, Han & Leia? They should not be Disney tv teens rejects (Selena Gomez as Leia? NOOO!!) I'll prefer to see Al Pacino as Han Solo instead!

[​IMG]

Or Garrett Hedlund as Han Solo

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  18. Roll With The Punches

Home Page:
    awful

they shouldn't go by those books, that's for sure! they sound crappy

they should just set the movie pre pre star wars and not have any reference to the other movies or books....at most maybe have Yoda's great great grandfather do a cameo buying a drink at a bar or something

19. Panchyprsss

After Episodes 7, 8 & 9 they plan to do stand alone Star Wars movies every two years. Your plot scenario is very possible...in like ten years from now.

20. Panchyprsss

I just love all the fan artwork being made about this situation. Some are really hilarious.

[​IMG]

21. Panchyprsss

Update:

*Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher have expressed interest in making another trilogy. A Lucasfilm insider who read the Episodes VII, VIII & IX storyline said that indeed it focus on the further adventures of Luke Skywalker...who is supposed to be in his 30's or early 40's which can eliminate the old actors from returning.

*Five Hollywood directors have expressed having no interest in directing the next saga: Steven Spielberg stated he will never make one Star Wars film,"No, no, no! That is my friend's George's genre.Not mine." J.J. Abrams,who is a die hard Star Wars fan stated he too passes the directorial chair to someone else,"I am a big fan of Star Wars, but I could not do it...I prefer to watch the films as a fan." Quentin Tarantino say something like he will never cooperate with Simon West Disney's corporate desecration of the films. Plus he had zero interest in Star Wars. Zack Snyder also passed stating he cannot commit to such a monumental task. George Lucas will definitely not return as director since he stated he is 'done'. But interestingly "Iron Man" director, Jon Favreau, while pointing out the stumbling blocks on the road, left the door open for a possible role as director and expressed interest in the project.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  22. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

JJ Abrams would've been perfect.

23. Roll With The Punches

Home Page:

:lol:

he's right
    though i'm not sure who would ever want him to be involved anyway :scratcher:

24. Panchyprsss

When Entertainment Weekly asked Quentin Tarantino recently if he'd be interested in the job, the sharp-tongued director responded, "I could so care less." He went on to add: "Especially if Disney's going to do it. I'm not interested in the Simon West version of Star Wars.”

Also Guillermo Del Toro denies will direct it. He stated he has so many other projects line-up that he will not have time, plus he sees it as something beyond his reach and compared it to thinking about dating a supermodel: it is never going to happen. :l2:

25. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Control (Never gonna stop) Control (To get what I want)
    Control (I like to have a lot) Control (Now I'm all grown up)

26. Anthony

Motherfucker
    no way they continue the skywalker storyline. It will be an original storyline. Replacing any actor when they were young would fuck things up.

27. Panchyprsss

James Bond has been replaced many times. As well as Kirk & Spock recently in Star Trek as well as Thumbledore (or whatever his name is) in the Harry Potter films.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  28. Anthony

Motherfucker
    not the same and you know it. James bond is not the same person. They are different people in the movie and in real life. There is only one luke Skywalker.

29. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

I re-watched 'Return Of The Jedi' last Saturday, so forget 'The Phantom Menace'...I can see where things started to fuck-up, badly. :shit:

30. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Revenge of the Sith was terrific.